"Pure Copper" Aliexpress S2+ generic. (Edit it's BRASS!)

I would definitely describe the light as cheaply made. That doesnt mean bad per say. The host has potential.

Stoopid me :person_facepalming:
It was the first one with the PCB! I didn’t notice there is a shelf! Sorry for the dumb question :partying_face:

yes
excellent photo album!

and thanks for all the detailed info about the host
I hope it brings you many smiles :slight_smile:

Thank you. I have some of the same size in copper so that will be perfect :slight_smile:

Where can a copper pill be bought in that size?

Not copper. but brass, and I don’t know if this one will fit but:

DIY 21.8MM X 8.5MM BRASS DRIVER PILLAR SET FOR S2 LED FLASHLIGHTS

The measurements are just slightly different from the aluminum one…

Copper pills are less common on these stores. You can also contact kiriba-ru and check if he has or can do any pill!

I have no idea where I got them from…

The threadform of that pill is definitely different

Yup, I went to confirm that as I have both pills and they are definitely different.
Sorry for the suggestion :person_facepalming:

Thanks for posting the info Nooner. I think I will pass on this one. I’m disappointed in the pill and retainer ring. If it was built like an S2+, but in brass, I would consider buying it. Your copper Convoy looks awesome!

I bit for one. Once you guys confirmed it's brass I went for it. I may change the LED and maybe the driver if the UI is horrible and somebody can nail down a replacement pill. But, It's gonna be a shelf Queen. I have too many S2+ lights to actually use an imitation that's too heavy, scratches easily and is pretty sitting still.

I ordered it this morning and Ali Express emailed this evening it has shipped. Thank you all for the heads up and the research.

Luckily there are plenty of brass plumbing/electrical fittings in 22mm so making a pill shouldn’t be a major problem. (if you wanted to)

I just popped apart one of those utorch s2 clones which look very similar (sadly I don’t have mine yet to try) and it has a brass pill. It’s 22mm so hopefully it will fit - I’ll let you know in due course, if anyone is interested.

Mine just arrived and have been playing around with it. Well it’s not bad, it’s not brilliant. Led needs to come out for sure, yuck - the ui is well, high and low - nothing more to say lol!
I was considering a triple if I could find a brass pill or copper. But I think this thread is a bit weird……
The reflector is quite throwy and deep a little spill but reasonable hot spot. I have several that would fit including some solid ones which I used in the rgbw light I did recently. I’d like a nichia in there to match the warm colour of the brass (preferably 3 lol)
The outside of the light is quite rough, but I like it that way, it will soon wear off anyway with use. Sadly the threads are a little loose. A little more effort and it could have been a nice little host - in fact, for the price they may as well just do a host to fit s2 bits and do it well. The charger I wouldn’t touch with a barge pole, but the battery seemed to take a while to charge the last 3rd and it has some sort of protection circuit on it by the looks of it. Says 3800, but who knows I haven’t taken the wrapper off.

It NEARLY lego’s with the BLF A6, nearly. It does work, the heads goes on and tightens up, but the threads aren’t quite the same so I wouldn’t force it further.
Wouldn’t work with the A6 tailcap though.
I’ll try the pill later from the a6 and that s2 hopefully one will fit.
I think the problem is some are regular metric threads and some are metric fine - they don’t look massively different at a glance, but they won’t fit properly.
Either that or they have put some random threading in/on lol!
I do like it, it was worth the money - but it could and will be better. :+1: (at some point)

2 try make up a copper pill - let me know how you get on please! :wink:

Mine arrived today. It weighs less than the copper S2+, but more than the aluminum. It’s a decent host for $20. The LED and driver will both be replaced.

There’s no pill in an A6 G0OSE :slight_smile:

:person_facepalming:

Anyone got an idea what this pill thread is? it measures 21.3mm (male) and 20.84mm (female) and is roughly 1.5mm pitch.
Bizarre size….

I tested the “3800 mAh” battery that came with it, with my Zanflare C4. Tested capacity: 2288 mAh.

There is a comment on the AE page that says it is brass…

Made mine a triple.
SST20 2700K

Convoy 17mm 5 AMP biscotti driver

Kiriba ru S2 triple spacer and kaidomain alu pill.
The whole stack up with optic is about 1mm longer than the stock pill+reflector+glass.

Also added Convoy clip

Nice job Nooner! :+1: