Q8 Dual footprint, quad LED copper DTP LEDboard interest List

XHP50.2 are not so simple because they dont want a spike in amps. There are much died.

For this fact I would prefer XHP70.2. Or we must limit the driver a bit per code or resitor or long wires.

I would love to get a 4x XHP70.2 SRK with 4S 18650s.

Not sure how you would mod the battery compartment of the Q8 to do that though…

With 4 of them sharing the load they should be more tolerant but yes, limiting the current would be the best idea. I would do this anyways.

Yes, I believe the early plans for the Q8 were to have those 2 sizes to make it easy for people to upgrade the light, but Thorfire was not able to do it.

I haven’t read all this thread, but I think that same dual design was wanted on this aftermarket mcpcb, but doesn’t look possible. Again.

I’m ready for a xhp70 version of the Q8, but I’d settle for xhp50.

When kiriba-ru mentioned a square beam, he was talking about a square corona. I noticed it when I had a 50.2 in my L6 with SMO. It’s not that big a deal.

Is the interest list still active? Any progress on getting these made?

Might I suggest a dual pad ledboard?
XHP70 won’t fit, but XML and Luxeon V will…

I will let Djozz do the talking :smiley:

I quit updating the interest list when it became clear that the layout that we started with was not going to be viable. I think it makes more sense to get something that works first so that people know what they are signing up for.

Have pointed Barry to this thread,no answer, and weknow Thorfire is not into making parts.

So let’s design the dual pad ledboard, based on real measurements and Djoz input on the luxeon V pad size and ask Simon if he is willing to have a batch made and do the selling.
Good idea?

The swaps I was interested in are the Luxeon V and XHP50.
I’m willing to hold my horses though until we figure out what we all really want though. Wait until the lights are in more peoples hands and there’s more time to think things over.

If someone is willing to go through the trouble……:

Board designs can be made ourselves and directly ordered via Kerui Electronics. Minimum required quantitiy is 200 but they were even prepared to go for 50, and that would calculate at about 5 dollar per board if I remember well. When you have them at home there the hassle of selling/mailing them of course…

Indeed, this is why I think it is good to ask Simon to do a run. Maybe 100 to start with and if demand is there he can do more.

What would the other pad size be?

For us folks not familiar with the Luxeon V pad size, what emitters fit that?

Thanks, this thread is a bit over my head.

Interested in a board if I can find a good supplier for xhp50.2 led near white, high cri.

Interested too for a quad XML footprint board

It would also be nice if the company that was selling the boards would be willing to install the LEDs that you want on it. I’m not setup to reflow them and most folks aren’t either.

XHP50 & Luxeon V for me.
Let’s hope that sooner or later there will be Luxeon V CRI 90.

Interested in 2 boards.

Ditto on XHP50 & Luxeon V.

Interested in 5.

Interested in a 4xXML board.