Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

man that is some crazy numbers :sunglasses: got to try that on my L6 and probably not on my MT03 the cost of triple XHP70.2 + Fet Driver would be too much for me, really tempting though maybe someday. Did you use HQ SRK FET driver?

Yea, HQ's latest v3.4 -- Hi Power version. It's got lots of options:

The Rb cap ("C3") is the wrong one. I replaced it with a std 10 uF cap. Hyperion FET shown. The cap in the upper left is considered "C4", 0.1 uF, but it's not in the best location.

Configured for LDO, FET+1 2 channels.

The 4.7K resistor in Ri3/Rt1 is for the switch LED. It's too low a value, because the switch blue LED is way too bright. In the dark the switch LED can be used to see where you're again, just about.

The light does an efficient 350 lumens or so on the one 7135.

Regarding the Q8, all of the angst of waiting is going to result in elation of owning. Just a little more patience everyone.

Wait, wasn’t the Q8 supposed to be XP-L non hi?

djozz, I have a bunch of battery carriers from Justin, and I’m running the D4 with XP-E2 green emitters, so I could probably machine a tube to fit the D4 using 4 LSD AAA cells… should be able to get some idea’s on how it’d work anyway. Would probably just as well machine a head for it and use a new set of emitters, set up the driver to limit total amperage by making it with 7135 chips…. Hmmmmm…… a 17mm PZL driver would work, it’s dual channel so it should work with an ATTiny85, maybe Tom could verify that? (for the use of Narsil or TK’s variation for the D4?)

Just looked wut a PZL is. Those old style drivers can be a pain to fit in the new 25/45/85 components. In the beginning, I was adapting some, but gave up on that quick as soon as I got DEL's designs in.

That PZL 013 might be difficult or near impossible - you need the R5, 4.7 ohm, as the lone input from BATT+.

Post #3 here in DEL's driver thread has a nice schematic: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/44006

Well, I can always build it with TK’s more basic ramping… that works with the 13.

Justin seemed to have been on the same wavelength as The Miller about a year ago, the only decent AAA carrier in the lot has already been worked over by Justin himself for a quad parallel configuration with nice copper sheet all around. He even hammered the sheet to have a positive “button top” on one end. I can use 4 10440’s. :smiley:

There’s a slew of cheap 3xAAA holders. A couple of really nice well made AA triple holders as well. The rest of it is all the really cheap triple AA holders.

Argh, edited it out
But how?
XPL, dang autocorrelation makes it into XPLhi :frowning:
Thanks for nipping the confusing soon :wink:

XP-L HD is what you’re looking for, there’s the domed version (HD, for high density) and the factory domeless HI (high intensity)

Hi Dale, you should recover first and only then resume building flashlights :expressionless:

But I’m not sure if making a 4xAA tube for the D4 is a good idea, it isca lot of work and in the end it will look awkward with the narrow D4 head. And actually I’m pretty confident already that it will work.

But making the complete flashlight would be a nice project, and it could become a template for a possible Q2 project.

You’re probably right (shh, don’t tell my wife I know that!)

My 10 yr old was goofing around with me today, trying to get me to chase him and “get him” and in the end I got stupid and did it. I lifted him up over my shoulder and threw into the couch… oops, I guess 55 lbs is more than 10 lbs isn’t it? My neck hurts! lol I’ll never learn…

The Q2 is more interesting to me than the Q4, if I have even roughly understood the concepts. Neither is practical or very useful IMO - compared to the Q8 which is very practical.

More specifically, the Thorfire TK4A is already too close to what the Q4 could be, and with a possible 4P config it’s a step backwards; having said that, I want a Q4 if it becomes reality. I know BLF SE projects well enough to assume it’s going to have an advanced UI like the Q8 has.

Unlike the Q8 - the ultimate SRK clone that has lots of practical use - the smaller variety are both very exciting novelties, the quad AAA quad TIR being especially cool.

Meathead…… :person_facepalming:
Go back and re-read that PM about the friend of mine who messed his surgery up by being stoopid & had to have it redone.
Remember…. you said “you did not want to be that guy”.
I promise you… from what I saw him have to go through…. you really don’t Dale.

Take it slow my friend…… please. :wink:

Ditto. I have a friend who couldn’t or wouldn’t follow the hospital/doctors instructions. He screwed it up bad enough that the second time didn’t work as well as it might have. Just do exactly what they say, no more, no less.

And your youngster does not deserve making the memory of causing you pain by roughhousing.

Hehe i have that kind of friend too, mine can barely carry the weight of his own arms, and aside for joints being screwed then tendons and mussels are also shot to hell.
So he went under the knife and so had to have his arm suspended for a while after that, but i think he used that cloth thingy for about a few hours.
Dont get me wrong i hate doctors too, and just entering a hospital as i guest make me sick and i start to shake, pretty much the same if i am seated across from a social worker or any other gooberment clown.

The shrink also diagnosed me as skizoid among a whole host of other things, BUT ! i have no problem with other people at all, if i get to choose when and where and how i must interact with them.

Meeting new people are pretty much one of the most cool things.

But a warehouse with 50 Danes in it make me feel bad, but i scan stand on a street in Japan with like half a million people within stone throw distance, and that dont pother me the least.

Hehe i have that kind of friend too, mine can barely carry the weight of his own arms, and aside for joints being screwed then tendons and mussels are also shot to hell.
So he went under the knife and so had to have his arm suspended for a while after that, but i think he used that cloth thingy for about a few hours.
Dont get me wrong i hate doctors too, and just entering a hospital as i guest make me sick and i start to shake, pretty much the same if i am seated across from a social worker or any other gooberment clown.

The shrink also diagnosed me as skizoid among a whole host of other things, BUT ! i have no problem with other people at all, if i get to choose when and where and how i must interact with them.

Meeting new people are pretty much one of the most cool things.

But a warehouse with 50 Danes in it make me feel bad, but i scan stand on a street in Japan with like half a million people within stone throw distance, and that dont bother me the least.

Yeah… that to. :+1:

I know from first hand experience how hard it is not to do more than you are supposed to. But… you took the time to have this done…. please, please do not take a chance & screw it up.

If you do you will regret it… how much you will regret it will depend on how much damage you do. It might be a just little regret OR it might be a lifetime of regret.

For my unasked for opinion…… it IS NOT worth the gamble my friend. :wink:

Yeah, about that Q8… :wink:

G'Day fellow BLF'ers,

Here we go:

U$99.99 BLF Q8 4x XP-L 4500LM Professional Multiple Operation Procedure Super Bright LED Flashlight | Banggood

https://www.banggood.com/BLF-Q8-4x-XP-L-4500LM-Professional-Multiple-Operation-Procedure-Super-Bright-LED-Flashlight-p-1194351.html

Best Regards,

George