Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

My L6 has a (4000K 80CRI) XHP70.2 and smooth reflector and at least in that configuration the L6 has definitely a smaller spot and is more throwy.
Pic with left Q8, right L6, at 3 meter from wall, hotspot brightness was set to about equally bright.

how come JasonWW’s C8 vs Q8

is so different than charles lin’s C8 vs Q8 ??

i prefer the latter. Frankly are Q8 floodier or throwier?

Firstly, those are not my pictures. I was just surprised by xCentrino’s pictures from 2 pages back. The hotspot looked like a L2 size. Very small. His pictures are relatively dark, though.

Compared to what?

It’s not fair to compare those two lights because of the output discrepancy. Technically the C8 is in the throw category whereas SKRs and multi emitters lights tend to be on the flood side. However because the Q8 has at least three times the output, it probably throws as far or farther then a stock C8.

I bet if you put the OP reflector in your L6 they would be very similar in hot spot size.

I want to say someting about the “issues”. The lighted switch “problem” is only a cosmetic issue.
No problem at all! And the few that had a sw led giving up total will get to a solution with TF and BG that is ok for everyone.
But i think every buyer from the first 500 batch should know that it is very usefull to do a few small things.
First remove the 2 screws from the driver, open the holes up a bit clean the contact surface and screw it back together. Same with the Spring pcb. You are not needing new screws to do this (only if the old ones are a total loss.

Now you ask: Why should i do that? I do not want to mod my light and it is working fine.

Yähhh that could be true. But most of the lights have the driver not sitting 100% flat, because the drillholes in the driver are to small and this leads to the more important part. The battery tube is not making contact to the full groundring. That reduces the current flow and leads to more wear on the driver groundring (because instead of laying flat on the complete groundring it now scratches only at a small part of the ring. It is also usefull to check for burrs or ruogh parts at the end of the tube. Is there something take a pice of fine sandpaper and make it nice and even. And then go and remove the spring pcb screws clean the contact surface under the pcb from sandblasting residue or any glue that you may find and then put it back together.
You do not need to buy any parts to do this (you only have to buy new screws if your screws are to damaged to be reused or if you do not like them). And as i sayed your light is working even with the small issues. And maybe your light have no dirt screw or any other issue at all. But if you have some or all of the named issues, adding all the losses together, you are looking at possible 10-20% loss with an unmodified production light.

Sure there is more that can be done to improve the output but that would be the real modding part. For further mods go to Q8 modding
I hope that this will help a few people. And a Big Thanks to the Team. Its an awsome light!!! :partying_face:

I posted a some beamshots comparing the Q8 with some other floody lights. Check them out if you have a Meteor, DQG 26650 III, or Emisar D4 to compare with.

I don’t own a C8, and the brightest ‘pocket’ thrower I own is an EagleEye X6R. It’s a dual-switch variant of the EE X6 / Kronos X6 with a slightly different reflector.

The trees in the center of both locations are 115 feet / 35 meters from the lights and camera. The first location is a forest trail with lots of things on the sides to illustrate the spill. The second location is an open field without much to light on the sides.

The hotspot is roughly the same brightness from both lights, even though the X6R is making less than 1/4 the lumens of the Q8.

The next largest thrower I own is a Maxtoch Shooter 2X, but I don’t think that would be a relevant comparison with the Q8. :smiley:

@patmurris, don get me wrong i know C8 output cannot be compare (i hv 1 myself) i was refering to the photo. They look very different. I like floody and as much throw as possible (no need to be too throwy cos my eyes can’t see beyond 500 meter & i’m not a hunter…. :smiley: )
D) Floody is fine for me & the throw will be a bonus. :slight_smile:

@JasonWW sorry don’t know photos aren’t yours. :wink:

@goshdogit, great Q8 beamshot….I’m still waiting :laughing:

Goshdogit, is your DQG the 7x xpg2? Is it CW or NW?

That is a very near-field comparison, throwing on a bedroom wall. Beam profile can be dramatically different as soon as you are further away, that’s why real beamshots over much longer distances are more relevant.

The Q8 is worth the wait. It’s an excellent flashlight!

I originally didn’t include the X6R photos in my previous beamshot GIFs because it is so unlike the Q8.

When held at waist level while walking a trail, the Q8’s spill and throw are a perfect mix. I really like the beam pattern. :+1:

Even the barred owl I accidentally disturbed during the beamshots was impressed. It flew to a farther tree to watch me. :smiley:

Oops, forgot to specify in the GIFs.

Yes, it’s the DQG Tiny 26650 III, 7x XP-G2 in neutral white.

Has anyone from the UK who ordered and paid on the 7th had there Q8 delivered yet ? . I had shipping confirmation on the 9th of September my expected delivery date was the 22nd according to Banggoods order detail section . My tracking info is a number that tells me its not found im starting to think it may be lost . Has anyone had this problem with shipping ? . Thanks for reading .

That would be no problem… I seem to have plenty. :person_facepalming: . :wink:
Seems I can’t seem to locate the minimalistic button… lord knows I need to probably. Knives… got plenty. Same with hunting stuff.
Fishing… your statement made me smile. :slight_smile: I know exactly what you mean. I got gear for tiny trout up to Grander Blue Marlin or bigger…. And anything in between. :person_facepalming: It’s a sickness I tell you. :wink:
We’ll shoot for it sometime late fall or early winter if you want to.
Take care……

Not comparing. When i saw the photo earlier (the one i thought u posted) the Q8 beamshot looks throwy with less spill so i thought Q8 is a throwy light but after goshdogit posted some beamshot i realised it has a good spill too (i prefer spill)

:+1:

I think the X6R is a good facsimile of a C8, so let’s move on with the comparison.

Let’s say the C8 has about 1000 lumen and the Q8 has about 6000 lumen. Both lights have about the same throw, 500 to 550 meters. The big difference is that the Q8’s hot spot has about 6 times the surface area of the C8’s hot spot. Goshdogit’s gif is perfect for showing this. The spill of the Q8 is much brighter as well.

So is the Q8 floodier or throwier? I’d say the Q8 is floodier, but not floody. It’s got a good combo of both. A general purpose light. Good throw and good spill.

As far as I know if exceed 5 weeks it is usually missing & might get a refund. If u contact CS most of the time they will ask you to wait for it if less than 5 weeks. just my personal experience after hundreds of purchases from many online store besides BG. :innocent:

Today (25th) I just received some other things (to UK), ordered from Banggood on the 9th, but there is still no tracking information (“not found”) even though I have them in my hand.

This is quite a normal situation in my experience. Not just Banggood.

Often the tracking info springs into life only after I have signed for it, with Royal Mail.

In any case, the Q8s were sent direct from Thorfire I think. Best just be patient and be pleasantly surprised when it turns up. I wouldn’t take much notice of tracking info, or lack of it.

I think, once despatched, the way stuff gets routed by the carriers is out of their hands, and sometimes it can seem bizzare the way things get routed, different every time, once you see the tracking.

I’ve had stuff from China to UK in as little as 7 days, or as long as 4 weeks, but never had anything lost so far (touch wood).

Actually every time I get stuff it seems like a minor miracle that it can come from so far away, at so little cost.

Thank you both for the replies .

Ha ha, sorry, it took me 30 minutes to write my last post. Now I see you don’t really need a comparison. Too late. :slight_smile:

I reposted xCentrino’s Q8 picture from a couple pages back. Did you see it? He posted a slide show. I had to go back and flip through the pics myself because I didn’t realize it was slideshow.

Here is the post. Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light - #13786 by xCentrino

All his pics are a bit dark, so it’s not very representative of what you see in real life.