Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

So what to take away from this…
Only do spring bypass in the Q8 if you really know what you are doing and are very careful in loading cells.

It may take a while to get the Q8 hot enough to properly calibrate its temperature limit, since it’s pretty good at getting rid of heat.

Thanks all for answering my question.
I will keep it the way it is for now :wink:

Maybe I’ll try to mod one of the other 2 that are en route as the one I have now is flawless

Yes TK this may take 4-8 minutes depending on where one does it.
Do not set it too low, really don’t for you will think there is something wrong not being able to get to turbo or see it step down very fast.
Best setup for me is default 3 minute stepdown summer and now that it starts to get colder I plan on making that 5. When we get a cold winter with actual freezing I will make it longer.
Easy to do, easy to bump up the brightness when needed and not have it step down automatic.

This has been done to death, investigated, decisions made, and re-designed. Some time back.

Flintrock, yes we are told there will be two resistors.

DEL has shown them on his schematic. Value 33K each. If that value is being fitted by Thorfire that is equivalent to using one 16k5 resistor.

We think they will be using the same diodes as the prototypes. Not the ones used in the first batch, which were different.

So it will be a new PCB, new LEDS, slightly higher equivalent resistance (but not necessarily lower current, depends on the LEDs). All changed.

The new boards have been made, presumably samples carefully assessed, they are on the way to us in the second batch. Soon enough we will begin to hear reports from customers.

Frankly, this sort of speculation and second-guessing the designers is just noise at the moment. Your “should”s can be satisfied by your own subsequent personal modifications, should they seem to be necessary to you.

I linked you to the schematic in Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light - #14411 by Tom_Tom

You acknowledged that.

For the benefit of others, it’s at Q8 modding - #617 by DEL

Surely you must know that the resistor is on the switch board ? Take a look at your own Q8 ? You do have one ? Anyway enough photos have been posted.

And uhm, will the first 500 (with or without issues) get a replacement switch board or something?

Solutions for issues and those having them will be made clear when it is clear what the issues are, who has them.
A known issue is the switch led stop working, reveals itself the first day.
It will be resolved.

Before asking replacement for something that works on the light (s) one has, one is invited to search the internet for other products one has that have had parts replaced under warranty and contact the manufacturers of those to demand free replacement oarts for them. Please report back on how it goes, should make an excellent time passing awaiting news here :wink:

Sorry for not replying
Wow, thanks for being relaxed about the screw nastiness.
Good to see it is corrected now.
heheh see how I edited your post :smiley:

No, it is not to be expected that the indicator leds fail, despite the list of people having the issues is way too long, a lot more do not have this issue :slight_smile:
Added you to the OP

Tip, use the “search within thread” I have posted beamshots comparing the Q8 proto with TM06S and others, so author The Miller containing beamshots should give a nice result, there are a lot of beamshots in comparison with other lights, just search beamshot.
and on the BLF page left top is a search field, type Q8 review
Or: Let Me Google That

I chuckled :smiley:

If the light is working, people have no reason to demand anything clearly. For observable defects, of course you can expect correction, if it's a functional defect, even a small function. You agree clearly. I do though find it a little uncomfortable and at least someone has expressed the same to me, that it can't be handled through BG. People didn't buy the light from The Miller and there can be at least a couple of reasons I can see why people would just want to deal with GB and not a public forum director of sorts (and it would have avoided some drama), and I think we should expect BG (on behalf of TF) to deal fairly. I get that they never do. I guess that doesn't make it right, which is in no way on you. I get that we're getting a deal for the group buy, but it's a deal TF agreed to, and it helps them in the end, and this error was on their end, and to their credit it slipped through QC because it's not common. That also means it doesn't cost them much to deal with shipping on the what 15 or lights or so with problems and they could push BG to handle it directly and professionally for people who want to handle it directly. I just don't see why that should be an issue.

It’s ok :slight_smile:

I have no reason to stress about one screw. It just gave me a reason to use my tools and to have some fun getting it out.

I used Class 12.9 screw so it’s “unbreakable” now :slight_smile:

If only I could fix it that fast with quick snip :smiley:

Woohoo!
I have seen the light :smiley:
Mine, from the first batch, has finally arrived.

Indicator leds are a bit uneven, but the screws are pretty much ok.
Main leds are a bit off centre, at least two of them.

It’s my first SRK type of light, and it’s awesome.
If Narsil was a woman, I’d marry her :heart_eyes:

:beer: :beer:

Nice more good reports!

Say Flintrock
Uncomfortable to post if one has an issue to get to a solution?
People can PM me and if they want to not be named openly it will not happen.
Tss, complaints about coming up with a way for people to NOT have to deal with tedious CS and get a good solution after only posting 1 post :person_facepalming:
It seems like a nice thing, but you know what, if you receive a Q8 with issues do contact CS instead of asking me OK? And if it is tedious, slow and doesn’t get you much further ( for you’ll be stuck in lowest level, script following, delaying employee limbo) with all the frustration coming with it, do post about it in great length so the rest can appreciate what I do here :wink:

I am here to receive PMs and find it highly unlikely that people PM you or anybody besides me with complaints how things are handled, it would be useless for you don’t have a role in dealing with issues, Mr T also claimed “people PMming him to complain”
Funny how some seem the need to complain or state they received complaints while it should be clear that the only one to direct these complaints to is me, and I have not received any anf if I would it will be treated with respect for I strive to see 100% of Q8 owners happy.

I have been expressing my admiration for Narsil in the best way I could.
But Pegaso put it into perfect words!!!

Hahaha +1

nice find TheOnlyDoc!

And who wants to check out the prices from the part numbers from GM and DaimlerCrysler?

As they are separated its either Crysler or Daimler I guess

Looks like they already have ads for the Q8!

But I Don't Love Him!

Odd way to put it, the marrying thing. So, everybody can have your wife for $40? After the first 2000 customers her rates go up? Interesting.

I’ve got 8 brand new button top Samsung 30Q’s sitting here doing nothing, I’ve got 4 brand new Sony VTC5A’s, also sitting here doing nothing, and as it happens, I’ve also got 4 brand new LG HE-4’s, so I should have a pretty good set to play with and see what does what, and then I get to join the modding fun. :slight_smile:

I reckon Halloween will bring another nice chance to play with some new toys this year! :smiley:

What can I say. Just love it.
Could sit outside in the dark and just ramp it up and down all night shining on different things.
Now you see it… Now you don´t… Now you see it… Now you don´t… :smiley: :smiley:

But it would probably end with me beeing locked up somewere, and my precious would be taken away from me… :cry:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: