Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

I’ve been trying to ignore the new 4 x 3A chargers….

I wanted to say that the above is still true! I am so glad to at least have the basic functions of click on/off, double click max, press and hold moon and ramping. You can forget the rest and its still worth it. I and others may complain about click length seeming to change and getting lost in setting strobes and moon, but for the 99.99% rest of the time its so much better than almost any other light out there! At its worst its still better than the rest, good job guys.

Now for the nitpicking again…I seem to find the click length needed to go between modes seems to change depending on how long you’ve used the flashlight here too…just temperature dependent or a function of charge left in the battery?

I haven’t seen them. Can you tell me what models they are?

I’m not very patient with charging, so I was looking for a 4 x 1.5A charger just for my 18650 cells. Haven’t seen one yet.

Not sure, I know there was one that had the 12 in the name, for 12A total capacity, but I shut my eyes and deleted the email much to my wife’s delight. There’s a Folomov or something like that at Illumn that does 4x2A and 2x3A, on sale for some $31. I thought the 12A one was at Illumn as well but don’t see it there now.

Ah, that’s good to hear.

Interfaces are a large and interesting problem space, and each solution represents a local optimum. We start in a valley and want to get higher, so we follow the incline upward until reaching the top of a hill, ending up with a complete interface. Narsil is a pretty tall hill, and popular right now.

Each UI takes a different path and ends up on top of different hills. I certainly took a different path with my code, and ended up on a different hill, solving problems in different ways. So did bistro-HD. But I try not to talk much about my lonely hill when I’m attending a party on Narsil Peak. If people at the party have difficulty with things that are different on my hill, things I solved in different ways, it can be satisfying to hear. But nobody wants to listen to me going on about those things, or how much taller I think my hill is.

Miboxer C4-12

And posted HERE on BLF

Like I said, I’ve been trying to ignore this. Thank you for making me seek it out again. :wink:

I always want to hear what you have to say, TK.

It’s usually over my head but that keeps me gazing towards the stars…

+1 on this Dale. We really do have something in common. :slight_smile:

JasonWW Thank you very much!

I see you just bought one. Hope the wife didn’t see that. Lol

Its got 10 different charge rates. :+1: Yeah, that’s nice. I might have to get one as well.

Me, me, I’m nobody! Pointer, please, to any occasion where you’ve gone on at length anywhere other than BLF so I can catch up.

I did a review of the MiBoxer C4-12 it seems to be a C2-6000 with 2 more slots
HKJ reviewed the C2-6000
http://lygte-info.dk/review/Review%20Charger%20Miboxer%20C2-6000%20UK.html

If they fixed the USB power bank issues this one can be one of the most popular chargers in the future
The price seems good on Gearbest with coupon code

Automatic charge current is on the low side, but if you got time thats OK,
Better than first batch of the original C4 smart charger, it had too high automatic charge current with IMR14500 and similar sized ones

Ditto

Well, that backfired.

On that note… I was sitting on the forced-air heater, because it feels nice on cold days, but then I farted and got a face full of fresh ass. It was an unfortunate turn of air vents.

Back to the Q8 now? Mine has been glowing happily since the day it arrived, and I keep wanting to carry it around everywhere even though it’s a bit large for that kind of thing. And now that I got the AR coating mostly off, I’d have a hard time finding anything to complain about. This has been a very successful project.

I haven’t been able to get either of my Q8s (I bought 3, but one was for a friend, and I never tried on his) to disconnect from beatin’ their butts (sorry, blame TK’s previous post). I don’t want to damage the finish, so I’ve smacked the end onto the heel of my hand or onto the carpet pretty hard. No flicker or reset.

ETA: Nevermind. One of mine does disconnect pretty easily. The other one doesn’t.

Both are using banggood 30Qs

It sounds like most Q8s have pretty good spring tension, but a few have relatively limp springs. On mine, I can make it interrupt power briefly if I smack it hard enough to hurt myself, but nothing short of that has any effect. Not sure if it’s the springs or the cell length or what, but I’m using some button-top LG cells I originally bought to power a Meteor a while back. The Meteor was much easier to “bump”, but still only happened if I bumped it on purpose.

I wonder if Thorfire could maybe sell replacement tail boards, to help in case of weak springs. Not sure how many people would buy one though; could be just a few. It’s probably easier to put a magnet on the tail end of the cells instead.

Lecture? So "all that for long click off" was a lecture?

There were already questions about raising the lockout time. What I did was suggest an alternative to use med clicks to avoid lockout entirely. I was talking this light in very similar terms to others here, you on the other hand are not. And you say it in the same post that you lecture us on how the bump off is "unacceptable". It is certainly not unacceptable. Did you ask for a refund?

It's funny when I even mentioned here another firmware that I tailored now specifically for this light (should be a compliment to the light), TK came at me with sideways comments to get lost for being off topic, which was extra amusing given the three completely left-field posts she had on the very same page. I don't mean to start a war with TK either. I like TK. She's cool. We all do things that others find a bit odd at times though.

Hills? So talking about replacing screws or changing the wires or improving the springs doesn't infringe on Miller's hill, talking about increasing the lockout time doesn't infringe Tom E's hill, but talking about changing it to medium clicks infringes on somebodies hill? I think some people have developed odd sensitivities and deemed themselves the speech police.

Sorry for this off-topic post.

Hi… May be I am going off the topic but please help me.
Samsung 30Q is not available with Banggood. Can I use HG2 18650 instead, with BLF Q8?
Or may be you can suggest something else. Preferably with link from AliExpress or BangGood.
Thanks.

??? I found many offered 30Q’s on banggood, button tops included (BT needed for BLF Q8). Or is the problem they won’t ship to your country?

That might be the case.
But on the product page it is saying “sold out currently”.