Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Welcome to BLF!
Will update the list later!

@Miller
I have send you a PM. If you have the time please check it out. I do not want to post it here before i get more information.

Yea received
Please post it man!
Good to keep new input, though US based it could be a very nice after market lens for sure (well my two lumens, you see the need for openly posting it? It could also give that interesting lens more exposure and push that forward!)
Thanks for the PM, i missed that thread entirely shame shame yet it deserves a lot of attention.

I wanted to wait until i get a ~price but for that we need the exact dimensions from the Q8 lens.
At the moment i only have a price for the
20.4mm (S2/S2+) lens $3.00
29.45mm + o-ring (Solarforce P60 only) $4.50
Here is the link: http://budgetlightforum.com/messages/view/410764

what is this ? Link took me to all my massages ever !!!

Wow indeed I got directed to my past pm conversion
Let me try:

Very cool and interesting thread! Thanks for the input only medicinal guy around :wink:

I posted the lens size over in that thread - now I have the 20 minute process to re-seat the bezel o-ring in the Q8 prototype, again for the 10th time or so...

The Q8 prototype glass lens size is: 55.1 mm x 2.81 mm

It was supposed to be 2.25 mm thick based on our required specs.

I thought the only reason we went with a glass lens, and not AR is because of the tint effect an AR lens has on NW LED's. I myself never noticed this effect, so I have no clue what the effect is. I use mostly UCLp lenses and can't notice it.

So, now we are back to a AR lens discussion with a slight textured effect to make the beam look better, but aren't we back to square 1 with the impact it has on tint?

Again personally, I would prefer an AR lens but that got decided against early on for the effect they have on tint. For cost and US sourcing, I don't see how this would work out.

Tom, UCLp lenses donā€™t show that tint change, itā€™s only cheaper AR lenses that cause that issue. Chris makes or deals with an excellent coating similar to glasses or camera lenses.

Any chance to change glass with AR coated lens (in production lights) ?

We donā€™t have UCLp here :smiley:

I built this lense in my SRK with XM-L2 3D leds (mostly):

:http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S021964.54_8mm

Donā€™t know whether it shifts tint since I installed it together with the LEDs but the light has a beautiful tint.

And it glitters so mysteriously ā€¦

Ahh, ok - the AR lens was shot down as what Dale said - cheaper AR lenses effect tint badly, and no guarantee we could get a good one from our manufacturing source. With the pflexpro one being considered, I would think cost and US sourcing are two huge issues, but guess we can still find out the specifics. I believe pflexpro said even in a C8 size, cost will be too high.

Thanks! Iā€™ve been lurking here for a couple months now. I was surprised when I went to login actually and realized that I wasnā€™t registered

I could send you a genuine UCLp lens, but it would have to meet standards and be inspected by the Turkish customs as well as Polandā€™s. :wink:

Whilst suitable AR glass would be great, you need to be careful to avoid adding costs that results in the manufacturer lowering standards as per the Cometa disaster. Though Iā€™m sure you are all aware of that.

LOL , please NOOO!!!

Hahahahahahah!

So this makes some sense to everybody else, I sold a light to George and shipped it to him in Greece. The USPS sent it to Warsaw, Poland, it got returned to Chicago, sent back out and went to Turkey, and is now somewhere near him but not yet delivered. If it were racking up frequent flyer miles itā€™d pay the shipping costs. :stuck_out_tongue: In all fairness, I did make some mistakes on the address. :blush:

My plan was not to implement the lens in the production light. Including it in the production light would definitely raise up the price and that would maybee scare people of.
I was thinking it could be a nice aftermarket update for people that want to smoth out the beam. Depending on the final price.

And sorry for the misleading link. I blame the Herbs for that :smiley:

Oh the stories I have from my online selling days. As they apply to this I not just once but regularly had packages take over 1-2 months to be delivered and in some cases take 3+ months of MIA to sudden show up back on my doorstep with no explanation.

What are the magical properties of the chosen material that keep it from getting questionable coating?

Nice tip. I think I have used up all my SRK/3T6/Maglite sized A/R glass lenses. Will be picking up some of those.

In good time, not this year thatā€™s for certain.
If we push and rush (not saying you are) it will become a disaster or worse a no go. This thread was started in April. Itā€™s not an overnight process :+1: