Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Yep, that’s it Ian… Post #4208 . Just like ’Etex’ said…… :+1:

Texas_Ace made the post. Below is the link to the light he mentioned in post #4208

https://www.amazon.com/Flashlight-Sofirn-Moonlight-Batteries-Including/dp/B01LKUTPWC

If that get to hurting to much, this might help…… :stuck_out_tongue::wink:

Thanks everyone for the heads up :+1:
Damn AA”s only :person_facepalming:
It”s eating me up not having a use for these really cheap Sanyo 14500”s we can get at the moment in the UK as I hate to miss out on a bargain & it is rare for us to be able to get cells cheaper in the UK than they can in the States or from China :open_mouth:
Even though I suppose I really have no need for a 14500 light :frowning:
I am not sad or addicted honest :slight_smile:

Go ahead and get the cells ……… the light(s) will follow. :smiley: …. :person_facepalming:
Oh yeah, it never even crossed my mind you could have an “addiction”, you are just being practical…… or some word like that. :wink:

How much are they?

Here is the thread that they are in Sanyo UR14500P - £1.50 each in the UK the link is in the first post.
They are £1.50 which is about $1.80.
They are normally about £6 a cell this side of the pond or $7.50 so they are 20% of the usual price :+1:
The seller is UK based though so I have no idea how much shipping would be for you (if they will ship to the states that is).

Bella Headlight
Don’t like the small 14500 cells so gutted a Kronos X5 that did not baked shiny
Your good Cometa parts should fit and maybe the tail PCB doesn’t bit I recently ordered one with LEDs on AliExpress for €1,23.
And when build it is a giggle maker for sure :slight_smile:
Shall I send it to you?

TK4A is indeed a nice light, great mode spacing with hidden strobe a double click from any mode except moon. The driver has a QX9920 buck ic but I don’t know enough about the rest of it to tell whether it’s buck only or buck boost when the voltage gets lower. A liion compatible Q4 would be icing on an already sweet pocket light with decent throw. One thing I can say is Thorfire makes good stuff. We won’t know for sure until the Q8 goes into production if all the preliminary work done is backed up by reliable QC but the pedigree is there.

Trustfire TR-A9 is 4x14500 in 2S2P

To me that TR-A9 makes no sense. Why would you want, say 3200 mAh from 4 14500's at best, compared to a single 26650 cell of 4500 - 5500 mAh? That light is no smaller than other 26650 based lights. Theoretically you should be able to at least make the light shorter than a 26650 based light, but not by much - 15 mm?

Novelty factor

4x 14500 cells are larger then even a 32650, a 32650 light with a 4x aa carrier is the better option. There are not many 32650 lights.

Also those 800ma 14500 are very low drain, for cells that could even be comparable to an 18650 you would drop down to around 650ma or ~2600ma in a space larger (and more expensive) then a 26650 or 32650 that has twice the power.

No, it doesn’t compare favorably in some respects with larger single cell lights but I’ve seen some express a reluctance to having to or being required to purchase several different cell sizes. 4 x 14500 just allows for an increase in power or run time using the same cells as in their Saber 1A. It represents an increase in the options available for the AA/14500 family of lights. We like options, right? :wink:

:+1:

MtnDon… do you need saving? Should I call the Police and/or Paramedics for you?

Edit: Good to know it wasn’t some major event. :wink:

Sorry. I got carried away.

Hello everyone.

What a great work!
I am interested in 1.
thanks guys

You get em Dale. :+1:

I just figured you had been HERE and the journey had not worked out well for you. :wink:

Actually I have been there and that is one of the more “normal” types of roads I like. :laughing: Too bad there’s about 8 feet+ of snow there right now. Traveling that takes your mind away from whatever else is bothering you.