Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Hahaha our FW3A took off very fast
I posted myself to add you (via email) yet when updating the Li’s I don’t read my own posts, sorry I’ll do!

Pardon the interruption.
Could somebody give the link to the Tom E’s Battery Test. PNG post?

You could start looking around post #6672.

RobertB has it in post #2 of his battery buy goin on: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/45502/2

There ya go. I am on my phone & don’t know how to do a link with the phone. :wink:

And link added to top of OP

also another list check, so OP updated with:

Cells are hot now, here is the post with Toms test of them:

Please check if you are on the list correct
ctrl F / MD F or mobile options -> find in page
type your BLF name and let me know if it is correct?
Usernames with special things like underscore in it can be shown differently then you write them.
The mass PM groups are not up to date, so no worry there unless you are on the list above number 1201 and not in a mass PM group, then let me know as well please.

I gather we're getting close to release.

Ok, the Miller, you donot take us laternlovers serious…

oh but I do, thinking about using a piece of sturdy metal strip, drill a hole in it so I can attach it to the tripod mount and bend it over the big diffuser so I can change the Q8 into a traditional carried lantern in a jiffy :wink:

I will insist in a the Miller Q8 self adopted metal hole spray latern building review!!

Please add one for me.
Thanks

I actually like those white paper lamps / lanterns, gave my nice 2 floor versions of those and a Phillips hue starter kit with 2 white lights when she mover into her new apartment.

Just cuz i am that kind of uncle :crown:

And i am on the list at 1188

I kinda like that broken LED bulb shoved in the bezel of the C8,
and then adding a lampshade from Walmart

:stuck_out_tongue: chortle :wink:

No high fence needed, but yeah, something like that. I’d been modding lights for 3 or 4 years already and had quite a collection of stuff when Old-Lumens (Justin) asked me if I’d buy his kit. So I got all his stuff to go with all my stuff, got so much I’m just now getting to the point where I remember having things. It’s fun being able to hack something together on the fly, having so many bits and pieces to do it with. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the link to the Tom E .PNG in the Samsung 30Q. That’s where I learned of the .png.

I am looking for the link in this thread for any chance of reading about discussion on tail cap current. Specifically, the chart gives outputs at 20+ amps when 30Q spec says max 10 amps. Wouldn’t 20+ amps shorten the battery life and/or overheat?

[Correction]
Max continuous discharge is 20 amps.
What a relief.

[On Q8]
Only remaining reservation is whether Q8 is too thick for my hand.
Small Sun ZY-T08 is tad too thick for my hand.

20 amps is the current going from the batteries to the led. There are four batteries so the current is shared equally between them, 5 amps is no problem for the batteries that are being recommended.

I do like parallel cells - share'n the load

That totally escaped me :person_facepalming:

Hi. I am 221 and 222 on the list.
Please put me down for 3 more units……………………………. Total of 5
Thanks for all of your hard work on this project.
Regards
Slow

I’m on the list for one, but don’t know why there is a question mark after my name, ( number 136 ) i definitely want one, maybe two.