Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

There are always better ideas a year down the road and right in front of production…

Yeah, i know battery configure is not real concern now, just wonder about mod-friendly of this light

Got it, still refrain from asking Tom about it now, in a few days pick it up again :wink:

Seriously a BLFer has posted about an Android app to make run times graphs using the light sensor
Can’t find it so fast, does somebody know what topic it is in?

I don`t know it, but would like to know it as well.

Is this what you are looking for?

The Miller,

Could you please me me down for 1?
Thanks.

Yes will do
Welcome to BLF!

Awesome lion42!
Exactly

Hi @The Miller ,Could I put my name on the list please

Thanks

Great pictures & info here in Post #7143 Tom E!!! :+1:

I’m sure you will, but you all keep us updated when this gets solved or worked out. :+1:

A simple “Update for Dummies” would work well for me……… :smiley: … Cause as far as this goes, I are one. :wink:

Thanks again for everyone’s hard work……… :slight_smile:

Hi Tom

Has anyone else picked this up before …… But the driver is not labelled Q8 but instead is 8Q (with the tail in the Q being in the wrong position )

I’ve tried looking at the images upside down but that still doesn’t help

I noticed it before and thought it was probably “projected” through to the other side where the Q8 would be correct. And if not at this point it is not something I would spend any time worrying about.

I agree not to change it

Think of it this way it’ll be our own nerdy secret

It could be what could make the first run with the misspelling a collectors item in years to come!!

The Miller has updated the list in post #1 so I updated the alphabetical list in post #6948.

That soldering job on the driver lol make me look pro :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m thinking you are correct. Check out the pic FmC posted above. :slight_smile:

You just need to look at it in the mirror…

(Or flip it over and look at it from the other side. :slight_smile: )

Just now had a few minutes with the prototype: as Tom already mentioned, on solder blobbed 30Q’s, @30 seconds, I measured 5600 (djozz-) lumen. Strange enough, on my solder-blobbed VTC6 cells I get less, 5400 lm.

I did a 3 minute runtime test on the 3Q’s, and found that just before the default 3 minute stepdown, the output was still 4700 lm (so still well above the initial 4000lm goal of the Q8 project), and head temperature as measured with an infrared thermometer aimed at the fins was then 54 degC (which temperature is considered to be about the human pain level, I can confirm that :party: ). After the stepdown I measured 1450lm and the head temperature levelled out at 44 degC, d*rn hot but bearable.
So at room temperature without air flow, the default 3 minute stepdown to 1450lm is about perfect for me, no need to set a custom stepdown temperature.

Nice input there Jos, the heat levels are set by default at just about perfect levels, output is excellent, and of course, we still want pictures so we know you’re not making all this up. :wink:

Shine it in a cops face in Turbo while you take a picture, that’d be cool. :stuck_out_tongue: