Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

I looked and looked but never could find a good answer to this. I think they are all close enough though. The quality has more to do with who put it together then the parts themselves in many cases anyways.

Interesting, a quick Google search says it’s ammonium chloride and is a type of salt which can sometimes be found at a grocery store.

I used to use a small sponge to clean the tips, but you loose too much heat. So I switched to the brass sponge cleaners.

I got one for about $5 or so. It appearantly has flux mixed in it. All I know is it works great. I dip the tip in there right before I solder and it comes out nice and shiny. Then I touch it to the end of some rosin core solder, which should melt instanly, and I’m ready to go.

I would prefere the brass sponge cleaners. No chemical or thermal stress on the tip ( thermal if you use the wet sponge).
And if someone has a 858D+ hotair station, this is a must (http://blog.spitzenpfeil.org/wordpress/projects/youyue-858d-hotair-station-modifications/).
I got a new chip and adapter board and its working like the way more advanced hotair stations. But everyone that orders one of this china stations should have a bit of electrical know how.
I would never put in the mains plug without opening solder station to check if everything is ok. If you do not belive me go on youtube and tipp in a few cheap china stations. Some are ok. But many stations need a little TLC to make them save to use. Most of the time no big deal. But without doing it you are possibly playing a danger game.

Yeah use those copper/brass spongy thing too

But fellows, isn’t talk about soldering irons or sets not much better in one of the many topics where people ask for a good station or a new topic?
It will get lost here, where in another thread can easy be found later :wink:

This is mine new soldering station. In fact 2 separate stations - hot-air gun (above) and soldering iron with T12 tips (below).
Each around 45-55USD + shipping. Came as a DIY set so have spent few days assembling each box.

Sorry The Miller, no more offtopic :blush:

No need for apologies, saw a nice thread by Brian about soldering stuff: Soldering gear thread
Edit gonna quote part of your post there for what a nice looking set this is.

I wrote a post to tell you of it The Miller, but must have deleted it instead. Just too much going on.

strango, can you post a link to where you got those over on the other thread please. And any other info you care to. :slight_smile:
Those look great!! :+1:

I’d like to be on the list too plz. (For a Q8, not a soldering iron :stuck_out_tongue: ) …

Could one of you Q8 Team members take measurements from the MCPCB for us? I’d like to know the total width, hole placement for screws, emitter placement, and center hole size.

Maybe best put the answer here. :smiley:

I will have to screw everything open again for that. If any of the other proto3 receivers has his copy opened up atm please chime in. If not at the end of this evening, I will open mine and do the measurements and take a picture. :slight_smile:

Maybe photograph lying on a sheet of graph paper, so we can print them out at the correct size? Or include a ruler in the pictures or both.

I will do my best :nerd_face:

Not sure I can get to that tonight. Think I still have the bezel and reflector out, but not the PCMCB.

Thanx for the link, soldered tops sounds so generalistic, i assume that, meantime i was reffering to cells and soldered boobs, everybody would understand the terms and nobody would get to be offended

I could never be offended by boobs … :beer:

Anywhoo, I know I’m late to the party but these special BLF Editions of the SRK are only in the prototype phase ?

btw —I’ve been soldering forever and I’ve tapped a couple of of nipps on some batt t*tties in my time if anyone needs some help …

Not totally sure how this works, but I am interested in one. Please add me to the list if it’s not too late!

No problem my friend, glad I could help. And your term was understood completely…. :wink:
As well as appreciated I might add. … :+1: … :smiley:

Yeah I got that a lot, I think a PM is send, I turn off screen phone, and some time later open browser, go to BLF home. If I do this screen turn off to fast the PM is not send (and don’t worry, mass PMs for sale wll not be send on phone lol)

Welcome to BLF
Next time i update list you are added and when time comes you get a pm with link and code
List updated

Cosmetic surgery! a.k.a. ‘boob job’ :wink:
My first ever :+1: