Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

And with that, for better or worse; BLF history was made.
:wink:

I reject your model-dependent reality, and substitute my own. :smiley:

I don’t blame you.……… :smiley: … :+1:

My 4x batteries arrived. Now I need the Q8 ASAP or else I’m going to need to find other things to put these 4 into….

This was a few days ago, but I’m glad the springs have been handled. Hopefully all else is quite expedient.

Spring bypasses are pretty cake. I bought a few feet of both red and black silicone wire which is more than I will ever use on flash lights for just a few dollars. I guarantee China could engineer something that fulfills the role of spring, but without the resistance for pennies. I’m on the fence about the Q8 though because it is already being pushed pretty hard and I got the highest output cells I could find for max lumens. Looking back on it, doing a bypass along with Panasonic/Sanyo cells would have probably been the ideal.

I know what you mean. New cells, just waiting for a home…

If people want the advanced version with 16 AMC7135, SIR404 FET and calibrated temperature sensor you can answer to my 4. batch interest topic for Narsil drivers

also 2S/2P or 2S/4P drivers possible

Just FYI on the TA drivers, they were designed around the retaining ring we planned on the Q8 using. They don’t have the screw holes to mount like the factory driver.

These should still work fine but they will need to be glued into place if they are not big enough to press fit. This is not a big deal, this is how the SRK’s have been for years.

These batteries have been procured way before there were shipping restrictions, long before the Q8 and the Giga Thrower was born.

Now patiently waiting for their home….

Those shipping restrictions were already there for quite some time, (i’m sure its there for at least 5 years) but lately it seems that the Chinese webshops are following the rules more strictly.
My last employer used lithium ion packs in their devices as well, and shipping (especially to other countries) was always tricky (it also depends on the energy density of packs, if im correct it shall not exceed 100Wh))

I just viewed ‘My orders’ from GB, and they were made: Sep 16, 2015 05:01:32 AM , so up to that time shipping restrictions were not in place then, as I cannot order li-ions months later, I cannot recall when though, but not “at least 5 years”

As far as i’m concerned it is at least 5 years, since i work at another company now for 5 years.
It might be that regulations only got stricter lately, since i’ve ordered some 30Q’s from GB last year which arrived without any problems in my mailbox [and with free shipping], when i want to order them today, now i have to pay a shipping fee for lithium cells!

This might be an interesting link as well:

Please put me in for one. Thanks.

I bought all my 18650s locally now, a Samsung 18650 30Q cost only $4 each same for LG HG4. The vapor craze is making the high drain high quality cell easily available. Ordering abroad from china was the only way to get a good cells with cheap price but not anymore thanks to vapor popularity here.

I looked on flashlight Wiki but couldn’t find it. What is narsil?

This link will give you a start blinker….

Edited to say…… look close the English is in there with the Chinese.

Thanks teacher. That’ll keep me busy for a while.

I only got on board with BLF about a year ago. When did work start on the Q8 project?

Your welcome. I just did an edit above saying, “look close, the English is mixed in with the Chinese”.

If I can find an all English version I’ll post you link to it. I know there is one out there, I just can’t remember where at the moment. :slight_smile:

This might help a bit blinker…… it seems to be in all English anyway. :slight_smile: More later if I can find the one I think I remember seeing.
Or hopefully someone who really knows will chime in. :wink:

WJ, the Q8 project has been a work-in-progress for over a year. Getting close….