Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Thanks teacher. That’ll keep me busy for a while.

I only got on board with BLF about a year ago. When did work start on the Q8 project?

Your welcome. I just did an edit above saying, “look close, the English is mixed in with the Chinese”.

If I can find an all English version I’ll post you link to it. I know there is one out there, I just can’t remember where at the moment. :slight_smile:

This might help a bit blinker…… it seems to be in all English anyway. :slight_smile: More later if I can find the one I think I remember seeing.
Or hopefully someone who really knows will chime in. :wink:

WJ, the Q8 project has been a work-in-progress for over a year. Getting close….

@ blinker ………… I am just gonna keep updating this post every time I find something on Narsil that might be useful to you rather than start a new post each time. Hope it helps you………. :slight_smile:

Video by Tom E / BLF Q8 Narsil V2 / Published on Jun 5, 2016

——————————————————————————————-
Disclaimer: I have no idea if what is listed below will be the exact version of Narsil used in the Q8.
But it should give you a bit more info about Narsil hopefully. :slight_smile:
Narsil Triple Flashlight Operation (side electronic switch) // 2017-02-04 T.E. – for NarsilTriple v1.3
http://www.metronixlaser.de/bilder/flashlight/Narsil_Triple_Manual_v1-3.pdf
———————————————————
NarsilM - configurable e-switch firmware for Multi channels

————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
My work is done…… thank goodness JasonWW stepped in with some Great Narsil Info

Well the start of this thread is like the start of the project, looong time.

Yes there are two three/four page Narsil manuals made, anf Joechina made a nice cheat sheet.
Gotta combine it all with the general Q8 manual so it can be printed and put in the Q8 box.

Just got in from mowing. Thanks again to “teacher” and “The Miller” for your help. BLF forever! Is the Q8 going to have ramping like those in the video?

:+1: …… Yes, from what I understand it will have the ‘ramping’.

Been doing some readin an a studying. I need me one of these. Can I get on the list?

Yes will update list later
Ramping is default, the cool thing of Narsil is one can set it up easy to their liking so several modes are also possible

Since there are so few videos of narsil, I’ll post up one of my L6 vids. The Q8 doesn’t have a tail switch, but the rest is the same.

I’ll try to do a video of going through the setup menu as it’s a little tricky until you get the hang of it.

BTW, all my picture links are dead due to Photobucket so videos are all I have at the moment.

Nice! Thanks!!!

nice narsil explanation!

wow, very nice light there! Me want.

JasonWW
What’s wrong with Photobucket? My pics are alive there since 2004.

Photobucket has been going downhill for years, and here's the latest:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/46338

Oh… I didn’t happen to me. So far.

well nobody else can see your pictures

For me, all pictures of photobucket look like:

So my advice is, move the images to an alternative hoster since photobucket is worthless nowadays.