Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

I didn’t read the question as lacking respect (and maybe you didn’t either). There are cultural patterns that don’t quite match the 9:00 to 5:00, Monday thru Friday work week in different parts of the world. It’s a fair question, especially with the way most countries rely on the cheap labor China provides us with. I wouldn’t doubt that in busy factories, there is work around the clock.

Yep, PBWilson, that’s what I was after. I have no doubt the Chinese take and deserve time off, it’s just that without a Christian tradition of not working on Sundays, their “weekend” could be just about anytime. If they do take Sat. and Sun. off it’s probably just because the rest of the world is busy goofing off.

I honestly don't remember if I got on thos list or not... Didn't see my name... not sure how I missed this... please add me for at least 1 possibly 2.

Please can I have the inside measurements or a drawing of the space there is for the driver to fit inside the head plus the screw hole measurements on the driver

Planning to get the TA driver ready for the Q8

I’m just curious, what improvements would the TA driver provide?

Is it to allow for different emitters and voltages?

for JasonWW and anyone else curious about modding the Q8.
There is an ope thread for that OVER THERE

Q8 modding (preliminary) | BudgetLightForum.com
Q8 modding

for those who got samples to start a modification thread, suggesting what’s going to be worth improving. Maybe even show us.

God bless the folks who know how to mod’ a light and wish to. They’re some of the same folks who design them from scratch and bring us the various BLF lights. Kudus to them! Thanks! They speak in a language I don’t understand, but I know it exists and I do appreciate it.

Driver diameter around 47.5mm, positive ring OD 31mm, ID20mm and from the driver shelf to the base of the ledge is 15mm.

Will update list later

Aren’t the real factories producing 24/7 but workers in shifts?

Thanks MRsDNF will quote it in the preliminary modding thread!

The missing measurement would be 39mm for the mounting hole spacing. They are 2.75mm holes for 2.5mm mounting screws.

yeah also the mounting holes base is important so it does not interfere with the components on the TA driver

It offers a 3rd regulated channel for a good mid-range regulated output. Thats about it.

There should be new driver tech coming on the scene within a year or so that would improve things further but it is not here yet. When said new driver tech is ready I want to make a new line of drivers to replace the TA series.

Even if they are running production 24/7, I suspect they only have one shift of designers, probably working daytime hours. And the email we are so anxiously awaiting would be from the design team.

Yes Mr.Scott this is what I think too

Please add me to the list thanks

Yeah will do.
Welcome to BLF!

Thanks

Sorry I could not keep track on this for a while. What is the current situation? I will be away until 1. of August. I hope it will not finished until that date because I am in a fear not getting this.

Dude, don’t let us all wait just because you’re on a holliday :confounded:
joking but not really been waiting fo sooooooooooooooooooo long now

Lol, not a chance. You’ll be fine.