Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Iwill have a go at a xp+xm board on monday, it will be tight and might not work because of screw holes in the way of solder pads. We’ll see…

Please remove me from the list Miller, no longer interested.

Exciting!

Yeah LOL with this 500 sales in the pocket it is going to be extreely hard to do it for $40.
Would be interesting to see cloned attempts (that have to compete to the 10K lumens LB SRKs with a sale price from $15 onwards :smiley: )

Something happened?

:frowning:
But it is your choice….
Latest addition to the list meti is now on your spot.

Please if there is a technical reason for no longer being interested can you share it?
or actually, for all reasons, please share (PM is also great if you prefer that)

Yikes!

Olight X7 - figure the $$$ per lumen, would be interesting... It must be XHP50 or XHP70 based on the rough OP reflectors.

Looks like XHP70’s to me.

But like Tom said, you can bet you could get 3 or 4 Q8’s for the price of that

Would love to see the internals, especially the heatsink and driver……

Like the look
And I agree looks like XHP70
But no Narsil and how mod friendly are Olights in general :wink:

If the rating is true 8000 lumens you probably don’t need to do any modding to it. Reminds me of thrunights tn36ut? 7300 lumens or something

Don’t need to mod it?

Be gone thy unclean one!

Ooh but the lumens is just one aspect that makes a light. Tint and UI are others
(And soda can light lover as I am I really like to see a review on this light )

Not to mention that if the dual LED MCPCB can be made for the Q8 along with making the reflectors openings ready for XHP50’s, you could easily convert to XHP50’s for less then $30 and you would EASILY have over 10k lumens.

Then if down the road an XHP35 driver option could be made you have those options as well and as dale showed it also offers the ability to reach 10k lumens.

Yeah!
Djozz is going to check if that ideal ledboard is possible and indeed making the reflector openings the size to accommodate XHPx0 LEDs would be a good idea (and make a very nice set for Thorfire to sell (the DTP ledboard anf reflector)) to modders.

A heavy OP reflector version and possibly a bit different reflector design (think L6 vs S70) to help focus the XHP50’s would be real neat as an add-on and not cost much.

Heck they could make a second version of the light with XHP50’s and sell it as well, people WOULD buy it, a lot of them if I had to guess. Imagine 10k lumens in a factory light? Yeah, that would sell.

Although if they did that then the earlier talk about extending the light a bit and adding more fins would need to be re-visted for sure, it would need every bit of help it could get to cool itself.

For a retail light it will not so much need better finning (the finning will never be good enough, even for our 4000 lumen version), but a well carried out heat feedback with sensing on the ledboard.
I suspect that the new Nitecore TIP with its tiny size and still impressive output has such sophisticated feedback, it must be very good on this light or it would fry itself.

Yeah that is overshooting now :wink:
Check Old Lumens “stippled technique” for easy going to OP style reflector.
And if you design your drivers for AT85 and a bit of clearance for clip people could use Narsil on it.

Yes, the 4s Driver I already designed is made for Narsil. Just waiting to release it until I know if TomE will support the other drivers I made with narsil as well. They have a slightly different pinout and I would want to standardize that across them all if he does.

Honestly the stock Q8 driver could be designed to allow for conversion to 2s2p or 4s pretty easily without any change to the actual driver circuit or for that matter the top side of the driver.

One of the things I love best about these group buys is that during the development stages, I almost never know what the heck anyone is talking about, and then, out of the blue, a great flashlight!