Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

I was the one who mentioned it to Richard at Mountain. I was ready to pull the trigger on a quad of 30Q and GA cells (but he was out of the 30Q button tops) and a few other things and I wanted him to have a heads up that there could potentially be a need for cells once production starts. It would’ve been a shame to miss out on some sales if he were still out. I never thought about him laying out a mountain of cash (pun intended) and be stuck with a bunch of stock that’s going nowhere. I’d hope that extras would eventually sell since there are a good number of lights that perform best with high drain cells.

Djeez, you got me there with that 4400 cells bought post Dale.
Checked RMMs topic, no mention of something special about the Q8.
Relief.
Of course non US would not likely buy cells in the US
But we could ask for something for the GT, that can eat 8 cells and lots of US based BLFers

I received my two pouches today. They’re very sturdy and appear brand new. Highly recommended! :+1:

They’re great for the Noctigon Meteor, too. A snug fit, but a gentle push from the bottom pops the light out enough to grab. Guess I’ll need to order a couple more! :smiley:

Thanks, BDWrabbit for the excellent eBay service, and to Tom E for alerting us!

That be them! I ordered 3 more, but afraid it's not enough.

Geesh.

Richard ALWAYS offers a code.

Richard’s price is ALWAYS special. Why do you think he’s out of stock presently? Because people trying to make money buy large quantities from him and resell the items for a profit. All day, every day. To me, that’s a lot like what effect it would have if someone or multiple someone’s in this group buy bought 30 Q8’s instead of the 2 they spoke for, only to sell them later when the price goes up.

Noob here on batteries. So how much am i sacrificing if using the protected panis in the Q8 instead of the 30Q’s?

This is from the older prototype, but gives you a good idea, comparatively. The KeepPower are protected Pana 3400's. The EagleTac's are pretty old, but never performed well - high resistance PC most likely, and using Pana 3100's. The GA's with a quality PC do quite better than the KeepPower's:

@ryukin
ca. 400lm Sanyo protected vs. Q30

according to post 5212

Edit: Tom posted the whole pic :smiling_face:

At that brightness level 400lm should be unnoticeable.

I do prefer to buy my LiIon cells from Richard (RMM) as he is the most reliable source for genuine cells in my mind. All the cells i bought from him are great so far.

Thanks for the chart Tom. So around 600lumens. Hmmm while that is a lot of lumens not sure if worth it to spend on cells as i have the Ncr18650bs just sitting around waiting for a home.

Thanks joechina. I went with the @30sec values and w/ spring bypass. 400 loss makes me feel better though.

I don’t think its a big difference. It should only be noticeable if you have two lamps and you can compare at the same time.
It is hard to to distinguish 800 and 1000lm in normal use.
Thats 200 dif from 800lm.
vs. 4-600 dif from 5500lm
And its a flodder.

Um, reports are that it’s throwier than expected. J-Dub was surprised, expecting it to be a flooder. Tom loves using it for walks in the Park and such, says it reaches a surprising distance. Some of the multi-emitter lights can be quite surprising in how collimated the beam profile is.

Speaking of something to carry the Q8, i think i will go with this.

“Tardigrade Tactical - DK Smoke Grenade Pouch” is a versitile pouch optimized for the danish smoke grenade.
The pouch can be adjusted to fit other NATO grenades including the “7-bang” flash bang grenade.
The pouch attaches to MOLLE and is optimized to work with MOLLE belts and will also mount on 45 and 50 mm belts.
The pouch is reinforced on the front on the outside and on the inside, where the pin is located.

Tardigrade Tactical is a veteran owned and run design and production company founded in 2011 and based in Copenhagen, Denmark. We specialize in designing and manufacturing tactical equipment for military personnel and law enforcement officers.

Maybe this one.

Just be careful of the sizes. I've gotten fooled before. the two clip Molles were the other ones that fit, though not as heavy material. Think I tried a flash bang Molle, and was wayyy too small.

seems there are plenty(1200+) of ppl signing up for this and then there is the other BLF thrower
that there is 18650 market for whoever throws their hat in and so far…I only see one US dealer who has committed?

when will this light be ready for order? :slight_smile:

We will sell no Q8 before its time.

Why need a case this baby isnt leaving my hand lol

Been playing around with the lantern idea. Just with basic testing I think it would be entirely possible to make a pretty nice lantern out of the Q8 with a simple add-on that screws in where the bezel goes.

Looking at something like this as the reflector above the light to reflect the light back down:

The bezel side of things would need some kind of extension to keep glare down and the angle of the cone would need to be dialed in but I think you could get the vast majority of the light firing out at 90 degrees or lower.

If I have some time, money and get a design I think would work I might try 3D printing this. If anyone has any design suggestions feel free to share. Obviously that is just a very early concept.

If someone knows the math to figure out the ideal angle I am all ears as well.