Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Another newbee, and a close one too :wink:

Welcome Farns

Q6/Q8 the member attractor :partying_face:

Cheers David

I’m in. I guess no one wants to see it in black bezel, green body, yellow tail cap?

If this light goes ahead for the love of lumens please make sure it actually works!

Feeling the pain of the Cometa I was looking forward to turning into a disaster.

Lets make this one a bomb proof work of art!

Today I was thinking about a special color of the flashlight. Probably grey or somehow more colurful. But please no gold or black to make it special from the other SRKs and Clones.
We could discuss later but that would be fine.

Welcome to BLF, cool you dedicate your first post here thanks!

No no no that is all wrong. Pink bezel, purple tail and a chrome body with some golden stripes is what we really like to see :stuck_out_tongue:

That “clear” anodizing like on the L6 thread would look pretty good on the Q8 IMO :wink:
Would be different to any other SRK type light out there I should think ?

HOT PINK OR GTFO

Ew what the heck?

GITD RUBBER COATING ON THE WHOLE THING?!? :beer:

I’m in.

And if you’re going to consider the awful color options of others, I would like to politely request it be salmon pink body with a baby blue bezel and a magenta rear end — that way I don’t have to worry about anyone wanting to borrow it!!.

Now you’re gettin’ the idea! But you’re not going too far enough!

COAT THE ENTIRE THING IN TRITIUM SO IT CAN BE SEEN FROM SPACE!!!

You’re thinking too SMALL!!! I think the host should be make from depleted uranium, get some proper glow about it

heheh :wink:

BLack it is, though that clear ano looks very nice, a new process for this Q8 does not seem ideal. It is going to be hard to have it as specced now, adding more complexity like strange or new colors is not going to happen by the manufacturer. BUT I would love to see people turning it into a strangely color monster!

Yes The Miller it was just a suggestion as others were coming up with funky colours & to keep the price down allowing quality components is the aim so an existing tried & tested anodizing finish is best.
I don”t mind black myself as long as the finish is not to “shiny” or another nice finish would be the grey as used on the Convoy S2+ “grey”.
Any updates from Thorfire/Barry ?

so there is no update from thorfire?

Let me put it like this

All good news will be posted as soon as it reaches us.

All neutral news will be posted as soon as it reaches us.

All news that lead to changes will be discussed in the team and posted as soon as possible.

All bad news will be discussed in the team and posted if we cannot change it, posting this when it gets in could lead to both undesirable drama and less space for us to figure out solutions.

HAHA this is awesome!

Hah, I want to see it, just not own it .

This is sounding too good, to not join in. So sign me up for one in CW.

Count me in for 1 NW. My first group buy since the Rexlight. 1 vote for a holster