Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Are we still at the $40 price point, or has it shifted?

I'm modding code, making bug fixes as we type . No pressure...

Absolutely Imperative that no changes are made between approval and production!

If a component, any component, is running in short supply before end of production run then it must be replaced with the exact same component even if that means halting production… no substitutions after sample approval!

This is Critical to the production and satisfaction of buyers.

Looking fantastic from the reports that are in, just need the internal probing from Tom and the other techs…

Make a the Q8 flash BLF instead of SOS, i am sure rescue people will understand BLF morsed with no stopping.

-…
.-…
…-.

Put me on the list for one flashlight :smiley:
Thank you

Yes Dale

Oh liking that morse easter egg, yet who knows morse nowadays, does the counting on a strobe

Think there are real issues to deal with first :wink:
And good to ee Tom s working on it, so nice! thanks

Yes will update list later
And yes $40 is the gaol and is not changed

True morse are dead, even among radio enthusiasts, they might still be using morse code but often you will find the morse key being replaced by a USB cable, and so the morse code are really just the transmission protocol of a chat program.

And while some people still know the two letters S & O in morse code, then it is really a dead language.
But we flasaholics might use it to discreet pick one and other out in a crowd.

I think even milliary use of light as a signal are just a beacon flash on a life raft of other flotation devise, the 2 letters don’t get used much in this day and age.

And i have to admit i would prefer a EPIRB over a flashing light any day, maybe we will see that in a flashlight soon ?

Unscrew a cap, press the little button behind it, and EPIRB transmitter in flashlight go live :sunglasses:

+1 Agree - not all the team even received the Q8's yet. Got couple guys that can help big time with analysis, hoping they have time of course...

I’m sure my grandfather rolled over in his grave when they dropped the requirement for morse testing from the radio licensing requirements. He always opposed it whenever it was brought up.

This is a key he used while at AT&T. I don’t have any of his old radio keys - like any true radio enthusiast he was always upgrading. His last radio key was electronic, with one paddle for dit and one paddle for dot. He was fast.

I think over here you still have to have extended knowledge of electronics ( from the days when radios was DIY ) and i also think morse knowledge are required.
Both for the HF permit and the more street 70 cm & 2 M bands

But that just go to proof how weird a country i live in :person_facepalming:

To be honest i would expect that in this day and age, all you should do was register and then use the call-sign you would choose or be assigned.
Okay maybe take a short course on how to behave on the radio.

I did some radio myself when i was younger before the internet thing came along, but outside the legal 40 channels on the 27 MHZ band i was pirating the thing.

My favorite radios was the 2 dual band radios with the limit on VFO disabled, was fun making fun with the “friends” having a police scanner going.

Post #6984 has been updated with the alphabetical list.

Thanks, awesome!

Thanks Mr. Scott!

Oh yes! Sounds right up my street! Could be just as popular as the Q8!

Oh that is an old post.
Narsil has ramping implemented very nice:

Ramping Operation
From OFF, click&hold ramps up with a pause at moon level — click to turn ON at last level
From ON, click&hold ramps up or down, toggling direction unless paused for at least 1.2 sec – click to turn OFF
Double-click from OFF or ON to turn on max level (the max level does not override the last level)
Triple-click from OFF or ON to engage Battery Check mode
4X-click from OFF or ON to Lock-Out the light
When at max level, a double-click will turn the 1st Strobe ON
When in Strobe, clicks without pausing will skip to the next special mode (strobe or beacon). The special mode navigation works just like normal mode set operation: click&hold goes to the previous special mode, paused in a mode will lock it in
In Battery check mode, a double-click blinks out temperature in Celsius, another double-click blinks out the firmware version # (v1.3 is 1 blink followed by 3 more)

For Q4, pending, not started so check here:

Please add me for another one, making it a total of 4.
I am already in the list at 980, 985 and 986.

Thank you in advance and congratulations on the great progress the project is making.
I can barely wait, but after the latest reports I am absolutely sure it will be more than worth the wait.

That's how I feel as well;. I'm new here but pretty psyched about this lamp.

I hope the ramping table has more steps in FET ramping table as the normal Narsil
this light has a quite big step from 350mA to up to 20A for FET

I think it have already been said to be smooth as butter.

IDK what you mean Lexel, for in what do “normal Narsil” and the Narsil V1.3 in the Q8 samples differ?
I know ramping goes smooth and graduate without hickups or jumps. It is a joy to use!
I recal 150 steps

Some more testing done, this time the config under modes
Mode sets
ramping yes no, works like a charm
choose mode sets, works like a charm
moon mode yes no, works like a charm
mode order,
mode memory yes no, works like a charm
moon level, works like a charm, set it back to pwm3 works like a charm

thermal timed stepdown
1 disable, when I want to select this, it does thermal stepdown (blinking and on turboto set temp, click and it continues with config setting 8
2 temperature, I click twice at this config setting, it blinks and continues with confid setting 8 strange, it steps down after one minute now, had that setup earlier to test)
3 timed, set it at 1 minute works very nice, this i prefer.
Seems unable to disable at all (is this really bad? Yeah I know a bug so not good but still these bugs are not the worst things that can happen.)

Can’t test anymore now, my wife is taking pics of pics (yeah really from old photo albums) and the tripod mounted Q8 is ideal for her to light under the camera, ramping makes it easy to use the proper light level.
Report back later on the strobe functions,but yes some buggy things, not the end of the world though.