Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

What is an R8 led?
Looks good and when it had good threads, Cree emitters it sure seems our Q8 for $40 is achievable!

it most likely has lattice bright LEDs in it, but if it was modded with some good tint crees or nichias it could make make a nice light.

Yes the fact that they are not mentioning Cree seem like a indication.

TEST to see how BLF reacts to a spreadsheet copy paste

Q8 BLF Special SRK inspired flashlight

BLF Q8 Marking/logo “BLF Q8” for the groupbuy, manufacturer can choose own marking/logo afterwards

Pricing $ 40 including shipping

EMITTERS 4 pieces 3535 footprint
Cree XPL HI V2 3B More choices of tints are prefered
Cree XP G3 NOT SURE Pendng testing of these

COPPER DTP stars Noctigon for example

Internals Integrated LED shelf for good thermal dissipation at least 4mm thick

18 AWG Wires Wires to led not through center of integrated shelf but the sides of it

Driver retainer ring

Double springs with the smaller being Phosphor Bronze springs

Threads square or trapeziod (not triangular) for battery tube

Anodised threads part battery tube that screws into the head for lock out

Tailap can be unscrewed to access the pcb connecting the – side of the cells

Threads square or trapeziod (not triangular) for tail cap

Threads bezel can be anything manufacturer chooses

Electronic side switch

Mounting for tripod mounting nut hole not drilled though the whole body to ensure waterproofing
placed opposite of the button

Optics Aluminium reflector same top sizes as the older SRK reflectors

Glass lens 2mm thick

Protective O-ring bezel quality thick and perfect fit
O-ring battery tube quality thick and perfect fit
O-ring tail cap quality thick and perfect fit

HA2 anodisation not HA3 for the groupbuy

waterproof switch

Stainless steel bezel

Software Tom E Narsil firmware Several mode and blink modes
User configurable
Fixed modes and ramping
Voltage check
Low voltage cut off

Driver design Tom E Electronic switch driver for Narsil firmware
Very low parasitic drain
Able to run 1,2,3 and/or 4 button top 18650 cell(s)

MCU Atmel ATTINY85V-10SH or ATTINY85-20SU
package is important: 8S2

FET Manu: Vishay Siliconix,
Manu PN: SIR800DP-T1-GE3, Digikey PN: SIR800DP-T1-GE3CT-ND
form factor: PPAK SO-8

Resistor 0805 SMD 47K OHM 1% 1/8W

Resistor 0805 SMD 220K OHM 1% 1/8W

Resistor 0805 SMD 12K OHM 1% 1/8W

Diode Schottky, 10v 570 kA SOD323
Manu PN: ZLLS410TA, Digi-Key PN: ZLLS410CT-ND

Capacitor 0805 Ceramic, 12uF 16V X7R
If possible 12 uF or higher instead of 10 uF — may be required

7135 7135 350 mA 7135 amp regulator
used for low modes

Quality Samples 100% as agreed and specified
Final production lights 100% as agreed, specified and samples
Video of drop test shipment packaging made available before lights available for sale. This video showing
at least 10 drops of the light in packaging from at least 2 meters high
All lights tested before shipping to spot and fix problems and avoid DOA.

Driver Design Notes:
The 47K and 220K resistors are the voltage divider, where the 220K is R1, the 47K is R2
The 12K resistor is a FET gate resistor (on the trace from the MCU I/O pin to the FTE Gate,
connected to ground.)
Diode is for reverse polarity protection
The SIR800DP FET is expensive, but can easily handle the high amps we get in driving 4 parallel LED’s
from 4 parallel cells, without any degradation or heat. It’s an extraordinary performing FET for it’s size

In please

I’ll take one. Do I need to PM or what?

So its not using nichia but using XPL, well no problem for me.

I’m in for one!!!

In for one

Welcome to BLF Trashman531 and Tmik!
Will update OP later

Awesome, thank you. This is exactly the light I’ve been looking for so I’m definitely looking for a piece of the action.

Patiene is key now, this is gonna take a long time
When later down the path the samples arrive for review the title of the topic is changed
And then when samples are agreed upon people will get a PM with a discount code.
So for now just relax :wink:

OP updated, hopefully the specs are more clear and easier to read now.

Interesting.... At least they are being honest bout the LED Type: Others, LED, I like it! Specs are screwy as expected - 7700 lumens on 3000 mA for an 8X light, and the charging is at 1A for 4 parallel cells. This type of internal charging where the connector is simply hard wired to batt+ and batt-. I have a 3X SRK clone like this already, plus a few other lights with it.

What makes this light unique is the apparent display of the power level (mode or batt?), and flat switch. I'd say it's a risky buy for modding, specially if you want to keep the display functionality. I'd be interested in your tear down. At a length of 15 cm, it's a biggie for an SRK though, because of that nice lanyard tail partially - the TangsPower Fing 5X I have is 13 cm.

Dd you order from DXsoul? Appears in stock, same price, free shipping to US (I know you are in CA though...).

If the price stays I’m in for at least one.

Can we still explore possible temp sensor and stepdown like Nitecore? Cool feature if we are to push max brightness.

I agree on the specs part as we all have grown to expect that form Chinese lights anyway. even though its a bit longer than a SRK, i like the looks & design. I am curious though as you are bout the internals including the charging circuit, the driver set up, (if the driver itself can be modded for higher output) and how well the heat sinking is built. I will post photos of it once i receive the light. (I did order it from DX)

I just modded a poor Securitylng 4X SRK clone off of Amazon (amazon.com/Securitylng-SF55). I left a "glowing" review, but anyways, stock it did like 1300 lumens @30 secs on the fake LED's.

So I reflowed XM-L2 U2 3C's, beefed up the wires, removed the batt- resistance on the driver (weird - they had this zig-zag trace from batt- on the outer ring to the foot of the FET) by bypassing the zig-zag trace with 26 AWG teflon wire, fully bypassed springs and traces in the tail, replaced the lens with UCL glass, and improved heat sinking by adding some thermal grease where the big alum MCPCB meets the body (not much work or major improvements for sure...).

Now it does 14A at the tail, and 3900 lumens @30 secs in a nice neutral tint, if you like 3C's that is. It still drops sharply from turn on, but better than it did stock. Not crazy money or crazy work to achieve this, maybe about $22 in parts I'm think'n, depending... I had the LED's laying around anyway, and the UCL glass is an expense to get a 5-7% bump.

Looks tasting
Thanks for update, and still few notes to discuss

Sorry for being annoying but again why HI version?
Already noted by different members that domed XPL will provide more efficiency with the same tints.

Just to make sure LED shelf is without anodizing. From what I know anodizing would be an additional thermal resistance we try to get off.
18AWG might be OK but I’m to replace it with 16AWG. So maybe set that by default for others?

Is there a possibility to make this side button (half) transparent?
It is definitely mine low priority desire. Going to mod driver and use small RGB led on side button PCB. Or maybe you can point to any link/thread how to make this button at home?

Tripod option is useless for me but can be used to screw the handle (a in roche m170).

hm, not sure if it is possible with sidebutton.
anyway saw a trick on fonarevka.ru to fix (or at least improve) water resistance.

Addition
Contacts on driver should be thick!
See sample from roche m170 thread:

Addition

• possibility to lock torch from side button

wow, 2 meters. not too much for such a heavy flashlight?

Spare o-rings (just +1 of each size) would be nice addition IMO. Won’t cost a lot either.

Done already, it's there - I use it every day. Two quick clicks followed by a click&hold, then the light blinks 4 times to confirm lock-out. Same sequence to unlock it. It's been rock solid for me so far. Been in use at least a couple of months, an SRK clone in a carry bag to/from work. Also use it in my pocket when I carry a ZY-T11 clone, because the button is pretty sensitive. I did have accidental activations before I used the lockout, but never had one since using it.

Also we are hoping to get an e-switch with a LED built-in behind it. Narsil has LED support already - no need to change drivers, unless you want to use it differently, etc. The LED can be used optionally for "locator" mode, blinks when main LED blinks, blinks for LVP, and can be used to blink out the battery level. Exploring more options though.

> Drop test
There are actually standards for this.
For example:

it costs much less on ebay - http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-10000LM-SKYRAY-4-x-CREE-XM-L-T6-LED-3-Mode-Flashlight-4-x-18650-Torch-Lamp-/221974221505?hash=item33aeb1d2c1 from securityingstore.
Already have 3*led version with fair XML2. I wish it only had nice led shelf for good heat transfer.
It cost me another $5 to make custom Al pill for my torch and Im still not 100% satisfied with the result.

Great.
Thanks, so I’m not alone in my desire to have sidebutton LED support :wink: