Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

I would like to refer to my earlier post

I think some BT cells have the clear shrink wrap holding an insulator on the positive end around the button. I don’t have my BT’s with me, this is what I recall.

Waitaminute! Do brass discs on a battery work like a copper one? Are they conductive like copper?

Yes, it will work.
The resistivity of brass is 7,2·10-8 Ω·m.

Yes, and brass is more slippery and wear resistant, both good features in this application.

Here’s a beamshot using proto3 of last night: 4000 years old grave hills on top of the Amerongse Berg. The furthest trees I estimate at 100 meters.

Edit: can’t get the flickr link working from my phone, TBC.

Sorry Jos, it seems your picture does not work :frowning:

He is using flickr, which makes it really hard to embed pictures on this site, here is a direct link for people to click: 2017-05-17_01-26-00 | djozz1 | Flickr

Thanks TexasAce!

Impressive beamshot Djozz!

I am on the list for the group buy but I am not sure what do I do to actually purchase the flashlight.

Where do I get it from?

When it is time to order you will get a PM with a link to Banggood and a coupon code. You will order from them and enter the code to get your special price. So, as long as you are signed up to Banggood, you will be ready.

Yo will get a PM with an ordering code once the light is ready for sale. I believe banggood will be the distributor.

Thanks for the bemshot djozz. “Gimme gimme gimme, gimme some more” :wink: when you find the time could you do some comparative beamshots? Well not just you but anybody who has the new proto in their hands. I think beamshots will be greatly appreciated here.

That is one very bright light! Thanks! Anxious for it now; it’s been a long wait, but no shorter for the design team.

I’m interested, please add me to the list. Thx!

When is it expected it will become available for purchase?

Unknown. These final prototypes have to be gone over very carefully, first. There is also a revised firmware update being worked on.

Definitely this year. Maybe a couple months more if no more changes are needed?

Like was said before, it’s ready when its ready. Lol

Yes well we seem to skip the real checking so I am glad to say the thunderstorm has finally hit and temps are getting lower.
It looks like a couple of moments without rain this night
So I plan on make the beamshots and then take it apart and measure all.
Idk if others can find the time with Tom busy programming
But sure hope DEL (when he gets his) and Pilotdog68 (when he gets his) can look at the driver with their higher skills.
I will try to check all the rest and we have spoken about it in the team and decided to just post here when we have something for allbto see, comment and ask questions about.
For now, yes it is raining, really yes for it was humid 28°C/30°C do it is nice it cools a little.
Makes working easier.

[quote=fritz15]

I normally ask the vendor to declare the value under $10 it works nine out of ten times. My four 18650VTC6 just arrived today with shipping it was DKK 138.63

Ah, so that’s who the other two are. I was kind of hoping somebody had put me on the sample list without telling me. :slight_smile: (not that I’d have any useful feedback… I’m just impatient to get a Q8)

Hehe that’s not a toy you will be keeping anytime soon, you will have to make do with what you already have, maybe spice it up by using the toy in a new way.
Most toys appreciate trying something new.