Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

I was thinking about that too, if you only charge a cell rated at 4.35V to 4.2V, maybe you can get more cycles out of it.

Or maybe a 4.35V cell is a “native” 4.2V cell with different tolerances?

I’ve heard that some LiIon cells can even be safely charged to 4.4V.

Hello The Miller,
Please put me down for a 2nd unit. (1st unit is #1323)

I got into flash light addiction recently and within 2 months I’ve gotten more than 10 flashlights.

It’s the exact same chemistry, except they are able to charge to higher voltage safely.
When charged to 4.2v it should be identical capacity to an equivalent regular 4.2v lipo, so charging to 4.35 gives it a bit extra.

In that test by HJK it was either not charged to 4.35, or the battery is really bad, because a good 4.35v battery should not look like that.
A better comparison:

Miller, please give my second spot, #988 I believe, to someone. I’ll only be getting one of these, as my friend has changed his mind. Thanks.

Yes will update list later

Some friend that is putting you in a spot like that.

Are we actually doing spot exchanges? :open_mouth:

If so I’ll take 988.

/s

mark
edit:
list updated, yeah yeah for this once you get 988 :wink: it doesnt matter but heck was doing update anyways :slight_smile:

So please help the noob. Which would be better batteries to get for this as I would be useing it on the beach at night for 4 - 5 hrs of heavy

It doesn’t matter much, they will sell, and this may seem too expensive for someone already happy with a lot less. He’ll see mine and regret it I’m sure, but he would have to buy new cells and a charger too, so I understand.

Cab’ there’s a difference between performance and top performance. The Q8 will be a performer with less than perfect cells. Just use 4 of them.

Why a different charger? Does it not charge the cells that he has now?

Sorry, I don’t mean to put you on the spot, I’m just trying to understand.

He’s still thrilled with SK68 zoomies and alkaline, and doesn’t have 18650’s or a charger for them.

Remember, it’s a heck of a bargain for us, but still a substantial investment for the uninitiated.

I’m interested!

Thanks Cab’. I understand. What a shame that he doesn’t make the switch to rechargeables even if they’re Eneloops. I could write more but I’d be preaching to the choir.

/\\\\

Yep, you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink… :frowning:

He might have Eneloops, or other NiMh, not sure. Definitely no lithium though. It’s probably for the best anyway. You’re never sure how careful someone else will be.

Yeah it depends on the person, I do know some people better of not using li ion :wink:

ahem…any production news?

Still waiting on news about the ledboard issues.