Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

I like the ghecko tail idea. :+1: . You might want to revisit the Superglue directly on the incision part however. :smiley:

Itā€™s my understanding that superglue was developed during the Korean War to be used as an alternative to stitches. Iā€™ve used it a number of times to patch up my hide when the sharp objects donā€™t cooperate with me. A doctor friend said I did a good job with it when I tore my knuckle open tightening a bolt, slipping and driving my hand onto a particularly jagged piece of sheetmetal.

I like the tail idea. Wiggle away!

Haha a bit tricky for these little lizards are fast here, so be careful Dale

Iā€™m thinking your family would find that far less funny than you would, Dale.

You saying Daleā€™s family has no humorā€¦lollol?

My sis would vomit, my aunt would probably have a coronary and my wife would hit me. (maybe not actually physically while Iā€™m still on the injured list but be disgusted at my sense of humor enough to save it for better times, then sheā€™d bop me while I laughed my arse off)

My daughter would gross out but find some humor in it, my son-in -law would want to help me catch lizards, my sis-in law would roll around and the ground laughing hysterically and wonder why she never thought of it with her ame scarā€¦ My brother wouldnā€™r really find it funny unless I could show the rest of the lizard in my mouth or something. Hard sale, that one.

I am interested, although $800 is a bit over my budget right now. Do you think if I bought one tire, and installed that one tire on my VW Golf, would it be ok? Would it be safe to drive with one tire. I like to drive it hard, so would the VWā€™s springs sag?

Thanks! :wink:

I think that is totally correct PBW. :+1:
I only question itā€™s use right on top of an incision already closed with stitches or maybe staples. Otherwiseā€¦ I think it would be hilarious. Just might want to move off to one side a bit with the Sglue. Or notā€¦. :smiley:

With those expected reactions :open_mouth: ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦
ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ by all means go for it Dale!!! :smiley:
:+1:

PRICELESS Mr. Scott!!! :wink:

Well, itā€™s a good story, but not true.

It does still work for wounds though.

Ha! Seems I was wrong about the Korean War. I did read this from the same page:

Harry Coover said in 1966 that a CA spray was used in the Vietnam War to reduce bleeding in wounded soldiers until they could be brought to a hospital.

Iā€™d heard that about VN; thatā€™s what prompted me to check the Korean War story.

Hmmmm, oh well. :open_mouth:

Thankā€™s for the link with the real story BrianK. :+1:

No big deal. I lived it but you gents had me doubting what I knew so I double checked before writing anything. After all, I didnā€™t serve in Korea.

Wauw Mr.Scott, that is some good thinking, reducing rolling friction by 75%, maybe VWs emission numbers become true then :wink:

So Thorfire tested and thinks longer springs make it too hard to screw the tube in with longer cells and that the springs of proto 2 are good
I think we ought to ask for the small inner spring to be longer sonit makes contact sooner

Thanks for the update Miller. Iā€™m sure you and the team will figure out how to handle it. Thanks again for all of your efforts.

By the way, just my not valuable opinion, but that sounds to me like an odd response from Thorfire.

What it does say that they actually checked it out with various size batteries, discussed about it and formed an opinion (that is many levels up from say :wink: Astrolux/Mateminco who make and sell flashlights without even putting a battery in it, count your blessings :slight_smile: ) And it is Thorfireā€™s responsability creating a good flashlight, and they, together with Banggood, carry the actual consequences when the Q8 quality is less than optimal (in reputation, aftersales and perhaps even repair parts etc.), not the Q8 team.

I think your assessment is correct. Thorfire seems to be very conscientious in their work here. But, was the Proto2 spring really good enough? If so, why did they change it at all for Proto3? What about the idea of ditching the inner spring and keeping the one spring the same length but making it out of thicker wire? Did they look into that?