Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Thanx for the list Mr Scott!

I did not check the first page for a while and on your list i saw my name for 2 lights. [1245 & 1383]
I can’t really remember that i have asked to be put on the list for a second one, i admit i have been discussing that i were doubting for another one.
At the moment i am still doubting for another one (no not a third light, a second light), my greedyness for flashlights tells me this is a chance i shouldn’t let go
On the other hand, i dont really have much use for all my flashlights :wink:

Edit, typo

My favorite sequence of commands.

Yoki’, so you’re another person with only 2 hands and no way to use all the lights?

My brother is going to do some work for me, so my “payment” for him is a Q8, a charger, and cells. The other 2 are for speculation.

Then there’s the giga thrower. I have no possible excuse or use for one, but it’s just too unique to pass up. Those are just the BLF lights that I can remember the names of, there’s another one of which I’m signed up for 2. I pretty much don’t buy “normal” lights anymore. Normal lights are just so yesterday.

And to think 2ish years ago (it hasn’t been longer?) I was just looking for flashlight replacements for the expensive (maintenance wise) Sunlight SL6 dive lights and NiMh cells that we’d been using. :slight_smile: I haven’t saved any $ but I have some truly excellent lights and cells. I tell myself that I’m slowing down.

Will update the list later Pulsar
Yokiamy, i’ll leave you on.

Tk so one can see how many posts one has in the thread?
Did a copy paste but got some error, maybe for the best for I don’t know if I want to know how many posts here :wink:

It seems you’re starting to know me :wink:

It really rolls off the tongue, doesn’t it? It’s like the unix equivalent of cellar door.

Okay, maybe not. It’s probably more like the unix pipe equivalent of ordering a “number three” at a fast food place. But it certainly is idiomatic, at least. Almost as much as “Hash! Bang! Slash! Bin! Slash! Bash!”, which starts off every shell script like it’s an action scene from the old Batman TV show.

Anyway, this is probably Greek to most people here. And it occurs to me that I mention Batman way too often*. So how about that Q8? Holy spring upgrades, Batman! That thing fits perfectly in your smoke grenade pouch!

Sorry. He just makes for such a good punchline… get it? Pow! He hits almost as hard as 6000 lumens in the face.

* Apologies again, on behalf of the management. It seems TK’s “uniq”ness still needs some “sort”ing. We return you to your regularly-scheduled thread while ToyKeeper’s elves remove some bats from her belfry.

Just to inform the people keeping up with the perils of this dumb ass Dane, then my new visa card have arrived and its loaded :money_mouth_face:

So bring on that Q8 :wink:

I started out with one of the first Z81 in Denmark, but that Basic quickly got me turned off computers.
I couldn’t code anything even if my life was on the line.

Hmmm, seems I missed this post yesterday. Thanks Brian, concerning my post you were exactly right…. not aimed at all.
If anyone got hit it must have been a ricochet. :slight_smile:
When I aim at something, I hit it.
Nothing was aimed in the post you referred to. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update sparkyDK! I would not consider you a “dumb ass” Dane… but I was hoping your card situation would resolve before the Q8 unveiling. :wink:

Congrats……… :+1:

O yeah baby. :sunglasses:

Just returned from the Convoy store on “Ali” i just had to make sure the card is working, and what better way than to buy a flashlight ( BD06 for my car )

Put me down for one.
Thanks

That forum is a great to dwell on. Thank you for sharing this :+1:

Sorry, it appears the ASPCA or PETA got to OS X:

Woof.

Welcome back from the dark side Teacher. I hope you didn’t accrue too many digital lashings. I’m not a huge fan of anonymous shaming for minor disagreements. Maybe next time you will have a brand new q8 to light your way back!

Please add me to the list for one Q8. Thanks…

Thanks Joey… I apreciate that :+1:

But I’m still wandering out here in ‘Dark Territory’…. the votes just keep rolling in.
22 of 10 now & if things go true to recent form…. I’ll rack up another 2 - 4 for this post. :slight_smile: … At this point though…. oh well. Might as well laugh. :smiley:

I’ll need more than a Q8 to light my way home. I have been trying to figure out how to get in touch with RMM at Mountain Electronics to see if he could get me one of his light bars delivered out here in Dark Territory…… we shall see though. :slight_smile:

When you coming down to Weiss again? Be sure to let me know & let’s get together if you have time & I am in town. You still have my number don’t you?

Yeah… it would seem the definition of “minor disagreements” varies greatly from person to person. :slight_smile:
Either that, or some like to be the ones that dish it out… but have a different viewpoint when it gets dished back to them. :wink:

But hey…. that is just a personal thought/opinion from someone who is wandering around in Dark Territory at the moment. :smiley:

And hopefully…. none of what I have said here will be construed as anything negative……. because it is not.
It is positively positive & just what it is……….

Take care Joey……. :slight_smile:

I still think there is value in asking TF to explain how it’s testing the LEDboards. It would be a huge shame to lose the gains made with everything else by having a light which dies a young death due to a lack of adequate concern over just one component :frowning:

Always better to know than to guess :wink: And it’s just one email if all is well which it should be :smiley:

Sorry to be off-topic in this automotive/coding thread but I couldn’t find a better place to post :person_facepalming:

Phil

Oh dang Mr.Scott pmmed me the list of top posters in this thread, now that is a bit of a shock for me, more posts in one thread then most BLFers have in total, combined with my “welcome to BLF” posts outside this thread sure qualifies me as one whose post count has little to do with technical enrichment of BLF.
It is good there is no such thing as automatic ranking based on posts (that can be found on other forums) for I know of so many who post so much more enriching things then me :wink:

And here we go again, welcome to BLF! Will update list later :wink:

Master of the Saw, it is asked, when we receive a reply it will be posted ASAP :wink:

We got a reply on the springs
Thorfire wants to use double springs with the bigger of the two the size of proto 2.
And a longer smaller spring so it engages sooner.
Seems like a good solution to me

Seems like a good solution!

This will decrease resistance and it will be able to handle higher currents, so it will be easier to run it on less then 4 cells!
The best way to minimize ‘sag’

Problem 1 solved!

Now only wait for the updated MCPCB, and it’s ready to go!