Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

May I humbly say I recommend against naming those violating the IATA rules and proclaiming the identities of those who do.

The airline pilots and flight crew are still pushing for regulation of carrying lithium batteries on cargo aircraft like the limits that have been applied to carrying them on passenger aircraft

And the people flying the planes do have a different point of view about “all that matters to me”

and
https://www.google.com/search?q=air+cargo+pilots+lithium+batteries

At some point those shippers notorious for faking the package labels are probably going to get visits from their government, even in China.

I recommend not bragging on the sellers who save you that bit of money.
It only encourages bad behavior and will lead to more careful inspection of packages from the sources you identify in public.

Remember: “good, fast, cheap — you get to pick two” applies here.

Some good points, hank.

/\
/\\
:+1: … :+1: … :+1:

If something happens to those companies then I will pay the necessary tolls when the time comes. I am against many of the safety procedures put on lithium batteries as someone who pushes them far beyond what is claimed to be safe with counter measures in place were something catastrophic to happen. I was just naming generic online sellers of “cheap” things. The dangers don’t come from “lithium” batteries, but poorly made/tested batteries such as with the Samsung tablet fiasco. Poorly constructed nimh or nicad cells with bad circuit boards could easily go awol during shipping just the same. Also the tax is only on vape accessories, that is why 18650s are taxed in my state, but people have got around selling them as batteries for other uses, which they do have many uses. All it does is ruin local suppliers and businesses which is a shame.

I understand how speaking about this openly can encourage bad behavior, but being silent on the subject only allows it to happen.

Add me to the list for one please.

Just curious why purchase 18650 lithium from china? is it because of availability and price?

I can get 30Q, VTC6/5/4, HE4 or any high drain battries locally as cheap as those direct from china thanks to E-cigarette popularity and arrived within few hours. It used to be hard to get 18650s cell here but not anymore.

jeanlouis, welcome to BLF!
Will update list later

Simple answer: they cost half the price (and often less) when bought from China including shipping - when they can be shipped. At least that’s what happens for me in France.

The M4DM4X deal is great, I just ordered 4 more last night. But I think that the rule allows shipping lithium cells if they are in a device. Could they just put four cells in the light and ship them that way?

Better late than never! I had issues logging in! Please add me to the list.

Welcome to BLF!
Will put you on the list next update

Thanks! I’ve been here since 2013 though :stuck_out_tongue:
Also on CPF since 2002 8)

Inconceivable!
4 years on the forum with 2 posts!
Inconceivable!

The last one was actually his second :disappointed:

Hahaha this happened before, it is a bit automatic seeing 1 or 2 posts. I’m a rookie compared to you :wink:
It is an honor you used your first posts for the Q8 :slight_smile:

Some times just listening are the right thing to do, just remember to tell that to millennials and snowflakes. :smiley:

LOL! :laughing:

OK, I have to ask, even though this might have been answered somewhere between this many many OT posts, who gets the first 500 samples ? The first 500 people that signed up for the Q8 or is there a different method? Somewhere there are pre-created chunks of email lists in alpabetical order, do you simply send out to the first 500 in that list?

Thanks,
K.

So true :slight_smile: