Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

good idea !

Is it possible to get the latest NarsilM version uploaded, djozz found that the v1.0 is different from the latest prototype, especially the switch LED turns on when the light is off

Are we still looking at a 40$ range or has it gone up ?

What do you mean?
The switch led turns on when the light is off in the Q8 version of Narsil and NarsilM
Tom started a thread for NarsilM with links to the latest version. (Click on Toms username, then “my threads”)

Yes $40 (so in a way because of inflation since the start long ago , the Q8 has become cheaper :wink: )

add me if not too late

MARK

And you are on the list now

Hmm you were two times there, so only your first and second entry remained now

What happened is that I received a replacement driver (a triple channel driver with an extra bank of 7135 chips for the middle modes) for the Q8 from Lexel to test, at least for fitment (it fits fine!). But being a complete driver I wanted to see it working too. With some effort yesterday I soldered it into my Q8 proto3 (moving the brass ring to the other board was a major undertaking, my 80W solder iron struggled with it, I think a heat gun is the better way to go), and it appeared that not all the functionality from the stock driver is preserved: the green switch led does not work (AFAIK my solder work was fine), not when the light is off and not as indicator, and the voltage that is blinked out (done by the main leds, not the indicator) is 0.3 V too low, I did not check yet if the voltage at which LVP kicks in is also 0.3 V too high.

I have no idea about software versions and only little about electronics so I don’t know where the problem is, I just reported my findings back to Lexel.

So that is the background of Lexel’s question.

So your saying Lexel was referring to his aftermarket driver and not the factory one?

If this got me confused, I’m sure a lot of others here are confused as well.

Maybe Lexel should not have posted in this thread? Maybe PM would be better?

Can this be clarified for everyone here?

I assume that my post above clarifies what happened? To be clear: my prototype driver worked fine.

No, I’m confused as ever. Was it your driver or was it Lexels driver? Is this a prototype being tested for the Q8 or what exactly? Why would Lexel post his questions on the Q8 thread instead of just asking you directly?

reserved

Post 10,000!

Not anymore! :smiling_imp:

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself…

Thanks Djozz!
Lexel makes different drivers with another Narsil then Tom intended for the Q8.
Lexel, Tom has a thread about NarsilM and you have sale threads for your drivers. Please talk triple channel TA NarsilM drivers there :wink:

Okay, so none of the above has anything to do with the factory Q8.

Carry on. :+1:

We are going with NarsilM 1.0. It's been tested on a few protos, not all (I think?), because not everyone had dnld/program capability. There was talk of last min changes, but decided against further delays.

NarsilM v1.0 here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1IxYZuk4DjcQWhOOGhTMExCNjg

As you can see, it's May 29th dated.

I’ve got Narsil M on my little Supfire L5-S with xhp70, fet and 26350 cells. I’d like to make a video showing how to go into the programming mode and make changes, because it’s a bit tricky.

I’m thinking of starting in ramping mode. Show that, then go into the menu and change to “modes”. Show that, then go back to ramping. I can let it go through all the menu options the first time then show how to exit it early the second time. I’ll put emphasis on how to count the blinks.

I think I’ll make a second video showing the features and operation of each mode. Sound good? Should I show anything else?

Sounds good! Trick for changing ramping --> mode sets is to be sure you press&hold when ramping the output down, so you don't have to be subjected to full max. Think you can do something similar for mode sets --> ramping, not sure...

Nice!
Yes going into config is much more relaxed ramping down so not to have a wall of light before the menu blinks start.