Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Looks good! Found and bought one here: Page Not Found - Aliexpress.com

Here’s an interesting option, I’m wondering since the mounting threads seem quite far forward of centre of gravity (with batteries installed, obviously), how long would tripod legs need to be to ensure stability?

I’m thinking a mini tripod in or attached to the bag / carry case / grenade launcher or whatever else is used to carry the Q8.

Something like this could make it a VERY useful and versatile work/area light.

Well a supposedly common description of what makes a “genuine” Bowie knife was something like the following:-

Long enough to use as a sword
Sharp enough to use as a razor
Heavy enough to use as an axe
Broad enough to use as a paddle

Meet those criteria and you can call it a Bowie ( or a machete I guess)

Gorrillapods are good, but with an unbalanced load they do not stand up well like the picture on the left, you would want to wrap it around something like the picture on the right. With the Q8 having the thread in the head, the battery weight would be all behind the mounting point and I suspect you will need to wrap it like the right pic.

You can sometimes stand them if you put the two feet on the heavier side, and the 1 foot the other side.

Ah nice
My neighbor whois in the army just gave me some spoils of war.
A 2D Maglite and machete confiscated from gold smugglers in a jungle.
I better sharpen that machete for it is not sharp enough to shave :smiley:

Thanks for the firm answer. After a couple drawings i now understand it’s working the same. The circular cross section area of a cone also grows as the square of the distance from the source.

A bit too firm perhaps. :wink: It was late. I agree it is not directly intuitive but takes some thinking over. :slight_smile:

Has the V6 3D been scrapped for a different emitter or are you just saying Thorfire might not be able to that exact that bin? Are you thinking it will be a mix of 3A, 3B, 3C and 3D?

I’m thinking it might be tough to get 5,000 on that exact 3D bin so they may have to use whatever is close to it.

There ya’ go…… sounds about right too. :wink:

Jason, the tint is going to be 3D, but yeah, I’m just saying it may be tough to get enough of those. I’m not being pessimistic or anything, these lights will be great no matter what. I’m just thinking of my BLF A6’s, where I got different tints on all of them. I like them all though. :smiley:

How much difference can V6 3D have?
It was a cause for delay that we really wanted those.

Maybe they actually sourced enough for the whole run then.

hello, am I in time to order 1?

Yes the selling has not started and I will gladly add you to the list to receive yoir code :slight_smile:

thanks!

I like the V6 3D ok, but for me it’s a bit on the warm/rosy side. Won’t mind it at all in this light, don’t get me wrong, but given a choice I’d probably go with a 1D. Not going to shake the tree for it, mind you, but may end up changing em in my light when the time comes (sometimes I wonder if I do things like that just to be different, in the form of being Custom, not sure, but I do like to make things unique to me so they are clearly mine, been doing that for a very long time, half a century…)

I’ve been putting V6 3Ds in all of my lights…it’s the closest tint in a XP-L that I’ve found to a 5000k 219C that can still put out a lot of lumens.

I have a couple v6 3d lamps and really like them.

Ha, close. Something like this! :smiley: (this one is actually about 28 oz so not quite that heavy, but still a beast.

I usually tie a bit of paracord or kevlar twine on gear. not necessary but comes in handy.

Looking at a chart in one the tint threads here and 1D or 1C definitely seems more neutral to me, but again I’m pretty new to this level of specification with lights, and I’m sure whatever you guys agreed on will be awesome. I ended up here because it was so hard to figure out what I was actually supposed to be getting from either the more expensive lights or the cheaper ones on gearbest and what the real differences were.