Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

I don’t follow you… Informed Delivery has no cost. Free. Enter the tracking number and if the USPS system knows about it is displays the info. I like it and have used it (and the previous incarnation… don’t recall the name) for a couple years. It can be inaccurate when someone in the post office screws up and does not scan an item (three times in the last year IIRC… then it shows stuck somewhere even though I have it.) Also there are times,too many times, when my local mail delivery person messes up and places it in the wrong cluster box. That has happened a few times in a year too, but the neighbors get it to me. Most;y it seems to work for me.

So good to see we could see arrivals Friday already.
Exciting!

It sounds like a pain for postal workers to deal with. I get the “delivered, but not delivered” thing regardless though, since my local delivery agent has a habit of scanning packages as delivered hours before actually delivering them. I don’t know if that’s to make his metrics look better or what, but I can’t rely on tracking number status here.

This agent has other bad habits too though, like frequently putting things in the wrong mailbox.

It’s a big change from the last place I lived, where the local agent was a shining model of perfection.

One of mine shows Monday.
After all these months it could be another week or more and still be okay. For a no extra cost shipping it has beat most every other delivery from Asia.

Mine also projects Monday which is a week earlier than I expect anything from that part of the world.

Mail workers scan packages as they take them out to deliver to have a more efficient workflow. Scanning as they deliver wastes time. It’s really a pain on their part.

Thanks!

I’m sure many probably scan early… but my mailman scans when he delivers. Always… no exceptions thus far after many years. :slight_smile:

The only thing is …. Delivery Confirmation is not worth plug nickle if the package gets deliver by mistake to the wrong place.
It will still show the package was delivered…. it just will not show where. :person_facepalming:

It happened twice during her short tenure as my mail lady. Both times I fortunately knew the people that got it…… one brought the package to me & the other called.

I was relieved…… to say the least. Both of those contained custom knives. They were not cheap either……

Signature required is the only sure fire way.

Report it to your local post office.

My pleasure…. :slight_smile:

the thread is FLYING! So Mtnelectronics has button top VTC6…. Is $8-ish the good price, or should I shop around? 30Q can be had for $5….so worth the difference?
Thanks much!

I know the tripod threads aren’t very deep… what has the been the best solution to get a lanyard on the Q8?

Depends, on if you are using said light and tripod to fend off a hungry Kodiak bear, prop up your ’62 land rover to change a tire or just use it to hold the light in mild conditions.

The light doesn’t weigh a lot but if you are using it as a bludgeon then yeah 3-4 threads might not be enough. (It also depends on the tripod as well.)

I would say a few wraps around it with Paracord or similar durable cordage. Make a loop and put in a carabiner, and you are good to go.

I sent an email to Banggood asking about my 2 Q8’s that I order on the day the codes came out. According to them the lights won’t ship until Oct 17 which means almost 6 weeks from time of order. Anyone else have a similar experience, etc?

Thanks

you are kidding, right?

I'm pretty sure this is a fedex tracking number, not USPS (my tracking number is identical to yours, minus the last 7 digits). You need to first feed that number to the fedex tracker, using the instructions I listed earlier. That'll give you the Chinese trackfing info. Once it passes customs and is handed off to whoever does the actual delivery (USPS?), I don't know if you use the fedex number, or if some other USPS number will appear.

Well my tracking number still showing no info, i guess this waiting game is part of the fun. :partying_face:

If I want to order more, what’s the latest to still get the preorder price?

I ordered mine within an hour of receiving my PM and all I have from Banggood is my emailed receipt. I just logged in to Banggood and my status says “back ordered”.

That seems strange doesn’t it? Back ordered?

Best I remember from previous things delivered by FedEx Smart Post, once the USPS gets it you can use the same Tracking Number used with FedEx.
BUT…. it will not show up on USPS tracking until they actually have the package. That is why it looks like the above at this point… FedEx still has it.
Best I remember anyway. :slight_smile:

Weird and frustrating I have to admit. I decided to get the insurance for $2 and I wonder if that had anything to do with it. Oh well…I’ve waited for over a year so another month or so it’s that big a deal.