Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

I know this was 4 days and 500+ posts ago, but I wanted to thank Lazy-R-us for the tip on using 2 soldering irons to remove LEDs/resistors from a switch board. This technique worked for me over the weekend, not on the Q8, but for a different flashlight. 1 soldering iron does not do it. I knew there was a reason why I held on to my old soldering iron.

Ooh yeah , but still it would never reach the german “diesel issue” cause lately it seems that the scandal is growing, they were all in the game - most of the EU auto producers.
And the sad part is that it was intentional
It costed like 25 bill USD only to VW so far .

Yet, the wifey loves her Golf, after they “nozmalized ” it in the VW center it lost 20 HP and some of its charm

Hard to speculate the production manager had any say in the tools, parts or the crew he was given.
This is what you got, get it done, is prolly more realistic.

What they call a Production Manager may just be the next advancement of an assembler. Not really a manager as we know it.

This One Bit should should last for the 500 piece run, here ya go.
Sure it may well have if the screws he was given were a proper fit. Certainly the M4 holding the reflector was not the same.

Stopping production for One minute with 20 workers involved is equal to 20 minutes, 10 minutes is 200 minutes.
Holding up one person can effect everyone down the line.

Again speculating possibilities from my production experiences, as I was Not there. None of us were there.

$40 price was was a main target for this light. From what I have seen it was hard to hit with what was expected in the light.
I would pay $40 if this was offered as a host to build from. We already know what a $25-30 SRK offers and that is why this light came to be.

Fahrvergnpollütin

Does anyone know what level of proof is required to restart production? Is it to require new flashlights shipped to design crew for breakdown or something else?

thank you for both responses!!!

LOL the P320 is a friends duty gun. As far as I know it is still in service right now, Today. Government don’t move too fast here (USA).

The lost 20HP can be retrieved back, more if you want, just a Program on a chip. At least you were able to keep the car.
Again the result on implementing Impossible objectives . Anyone over 40 may remember the early emissions days. Hey we will pump more fresh air into exhaust to get the hydrocarbon percentage down. Sure the percentage dropped but still has the exact amount emitting in the end. That should have been huge Fine to the manufacturers.

I’m sure what is needed is Thorfire showing (by means of messages) that they fixed the issues, and how they fixed them. I’m sure no new samples will be asked to send to the design crew, it will cost heaps of time and even then you are not entirely sure if the 1500 other lights will be the same. (Miller, am I right?).

You speak of the infamous Air Pumps/EGR pump?
And with motorcycles they used reed valves to introduce fresh air into the exhaust.
Had to be cleaner, right?
As a Friend explained it to me at the time, the Japanese design an Engine to burn clean from the beginning on the drawing board, the USA designers just figure out how many pounds of crap they need to fake it on the back end.
Sad but true back then.

wow, what a mess this is…

Wow, you guys really owe The Miller a huge thank you. He’s going though over 13 thousand posts in this thread, trying to make sense of it. The vast majority of the posts have nothing to do with what he is asking for, and many of the posts are just giving him grief for what seems to be minor issues.

I would have bailed on this thread long ago, if I were him. The fact he has the patience to deal with it, shows he really wants to make everyone happy.

Sounds like this light is already a success. $40 for a 5000 lumen light is pretty cheap. If the only thing that is faulty is some switches that don’t glow, it doesn’t really sound like the world is coming to an end.

Don’t drive the only guy who’s going to help sort out the final issues, to quit. If you’ve decided to cancel your order, that’s perfectly understandable. But there’s no need to go on about it in this thread. And, IMO, there’s no need for thousands of shipment notices either.

Too bad there wasn’t a way for The Miller to lock this thread down to only reporting issues he’s asked about.

Yup.
I own a 2 stroke 3 cylinder 1971 Kawasaki H1 500. the EPAs worst enemy.
Then there’s the 1983 Jetta turbo diesel, emissions exempt as its Diesel even for the year. It will make black smoke.
1968 Bus, exempt for the year, 20MPG HWY with a 1.6L that works too hard.
Most powerful I got is another old 83 jetta with a built 2.0L DOHC 16V engine, 5spd trans gearing changed slightly. gets 32MPG HWY because it can move the car easily at 75MPH.
Yes the heavily modified, most powerful car I have is the most efficient. Go figure.

I say this right after making 2 irrelevant, off topic posts. Sorry Miller.

Yes he should have the authority to delete anything irrelevant or persistent whiners posting after they have stated their thoughts.
Yes that would piss off people more and make him the bad guy.

He is a Good Guy though and been dealing better than I ever could. Also keep in mind, This light and thread is not the only fiasco he is juggling for us here.

Fiasco???? What fiasco?????

This light and thread are Definitely NOT a fiasco

Best Regards,

George

I have that gun. Absolutely love it. It's not a recall. Sig will upgrade it at no cost if you want them too. I'm waiting to hear some feedback on the upgrades before I decide if I want the upgrade. Not a manufacturing issue either. It would be a design issue if one had to call it an issue. It's an issue, but I think many other guns out there have similar issues that have not been discovered yet. The gun passed the industry accepted drop tests. The gun has to land on a specific spot at a specific angle with a bullet in the chamber to fire.

Many other guns will probably also fire under the same condition. Typical revolvers will fire when dropped like that. Who knows how many other guns have the same issue as that particular drop is not part of the industry established battery of drop tests. My wife's back up Beretta 950 will fire too. Some guy was shot in the butt when his fell out of his pocket at a toilet. The second version of the 950 has a safety to prevent that, but most people don't realize you need to first half or full cock the hammer and then set the safety to prevent drop on the hammer fires.

I just really want to see my own Q8, be it a host or a perfect light or whatever. Not at all worried about the tiny little details, that’s the stuff I like taking care of personally. Usually expect to have to, in almost any light I get. So, if they want to send me the 2 I ordered “as is” I would have no problem with that at all.

Y’all ALL know I’m gonna Customize it anyway, don’t ya? :smiley:

So for the build quality, anodization, and the excellent driver, as well as premium tint and binning of the LED’s, I say “Job Well Done!” Wish I had a few thousand to buy up a case of em and send em down to Houston and/or Florida…

I believe your wrong here. The way it works is the fresh air is pumped into the exhaust manifolds where it is still super hot in order to ignite and burn off any leftover or unburned fuel that comes out of the cylinder. It was this small amount of unburned fuel and other harmful emissions that caused the “pollution”. This extra burning really does result in cleaner tail pipe emissions.

Keep in mind that there were many, many different emission designs over the years. Different for each car manufacturerer and even different for each engine model. So you may be talking about a certain design I’m not familiar with.

What I’m talking about above is the air injection reactor or “smog pump” design which is what I think your referring to.

Has anyone considered that Thorfire may not be very familiar with or used to using screws? Pretty much all of their lights use retaining rings and threaded tubes.

I see that the battery carrier on the S1 model uses screws, but thats about it.

They may not have a supplier of good quality screws or even know how important good screws are. They may have ordered the cheapest thinking they will be fine. Then used whatever screw driving tools they had laying around. I doubt they have the fancy torque limiting screw drivers since they almost never use screws in their lights.

Anyway, just food for thought.

Ps, my local Ace hardware store has an entire two sided aisle of nothing but fasteners. This makes it very easy to get new replacement screws that perfectly match.

I have 2x Q8s and just ran them on max-low moon for ~10 min plus.... no change in intensity.

yeah but, i had a screwdriver in my hand in like 1st grade or something……messing with boy stuff like kids do
anybody can run a screw in by hand that only needs a few rounds to get tight ?
what am i missing here ?