Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

I appreciate the response!

What about a protected option? I think the Samsung 30q isn’t protected?

[quote=Joey Adams]

Well I gave my son a Q8 for his birthday, loaded with Panasonic 3400 protected
Dang bright
(lucky him, his flat parts of the tube and head align perfect)

yeah very cool. thanks!

The SP2 is a good charger, but the 2 bays is very limiting. You’d have to do 2 sessions of 4 hour(?) charges for the Q8. If you dont mind the wait of monitoring them the whole time it’s charging, then it’s probably fine for a Q8.

The Lii500 will do all 4 at once, so it cuts your charging time in half. This is definitely a better charger if you get a GT where you have 8 cells.

You could do 2 charging sessions at 1A on the SP2 for the Q8, then at the same time, 2 charging sessions on the Lii500 at 1A for the GT.

It’s just time dependant. How much do you like waiting?

I’ve got 3 chargers so that I can charge all my work light cells in one small 3 hour (or less) window once a week. I hate waiting.

People have reported that the Q8 works well with protected cells. They cost a lot more, though. About $10 each. Richard over at Mountain Electronics carries some of the best. His 3400mah NCR18650B cells actually say they can charge at 2A. If that’s correct, then your SP2 charger will let you do that for faster charge times. (Most good 18650 cells only recommend 1A to 1.7A charging rates). It’s output is also good for at least 7 amps. Well above what the Q8 needs when you use 4 cells.

Lii402 is simpler and cheaper
I am waiting for a $8 deal then I get one to have as spare, it is four bay but without fancy screen and functions

Assuming the charger still working fine, according to my experience (use it mostly for 26650), SP2 is good charger.

Sorry, I can’t agree with you about this. I try in my keyring, but don’t feel it is the right size as keyring light :blush:

I am going through my second light. So far there are a few nicks on the bottom edge of the tube that left burrs. Sanded those. A couple of burrs around the threaded holes under the spring PCB. Mine have not been chamfered. Sanded them.

The edges of the holes for the batteries. On the bottom, half of each hole has a raised edge like razor blades. I will be sanding that and looking at my first light again. I had not removed the spring board on that light. These edges should never come in contact with the batteries; but I would prefer they were not there. Just in case the PCB is removed by someone who is not anticipating sharp surfaces. A couple of places on the top of the holes also need a bit of a touch up. Sharp lips that can contact the battery cases.

TF might want to take a look at the state of their tooling cutters and/or programming of the CNC.

Upploaded some chargers so you can see some them

I just ordered one yesterday for $5, I think it was Trevi-lux’s thread

Yes, this one

Definitely not an issue but I am hearing sound while it is operating at approximately %70 %80 level.

I am 20 years old and sound is 19000~ hertz. You probably will not notice this :smiley:

And it is not special for Q8. I am also hearing it from s2+.

S2+ frequency is like 15000 hZ.

Zanflare C4 seems to be “the new Lii 500” i.e. even better analysing charger, HKJ review is very complimentary.

Yesterday GearBest had it on offer for about £18, should have snapped one up, now back to £30, but will watch closely. Any “codes” welcomed, PM or otherwise.

Edit: I do like the basic Lito chargers, I usually give 1 or 2 cell versions with my presents. You are limited by current capability of whatever e.g. mobile phone charger you use to power them, never tried the 4-cell version. Actually pretty useful as a power bank too, in reverse, have used this function more often than I thought. Unbelievable value and do the job competently.

Still might be worth a quick look. Sometimes code doesn’t do what you think it should.

Something must be leaking a small current when MCU asleep. Obvious suspects either FET or 7135. There is nothing much else to the circuit.

I don’t really believe in e.g. PCB contamination or weird high resistance “shorts” causing this.

Yea maybe Zanflare z4 is good but if you can get a 402 for 8 $ i think its a good deal also. I have the Liitikola 500 and its good but it cost about 22$ with powersupply

Yes please convert to $
When a charger is twice as much normally and sporadically goes down to above Lii500 $20 regular price it is not the new li500 :slight_smile:
If you would mind testing IR a few times to get the lowest reading yea at $22,60 the C4 would be on my wishlist.

That one only does 0.5A per cell, so it takes twice as long to charge.

It’s great on the bill of a baseball cap.

No question, the basic Liitos, whether x1, 2 or 4 cells are up to the job.

I have standardised on the 1 and 2 cell basic Liitos, but that’s because I always carry a chunky USB charger with x4 2.4A outputs plus a fifth Qualcomm Quickcharge 3.0 output (can ramp up to as much as 12V 1.5A for my USB C Windows tablet).

So the two cheapo x2 Liitos can each get 2A, whereas I think the single x4 version has to share 2A 4 ways.

And having had failures, I also carry a basic 2.1A mobile charger for backup. So with two USB power supplies (one very sophisticated) and two Liito chargers, and multiple cables, I am confident of surviving multiple failures. Or helping out someone less well prepared.

Agreed no need for an analysing charger, but if looking for one, the Zanflare does seem to be ahead of the Liito 500 these days, when at the right price. Comes with 12V car lead as well as the mains transformer too, not sure if the Lii 500 also does ?

Thanks for the heads up on that Jason. I was thinking about pulling the trigger on one. Have to pass now……

Way to slow for me.
A 3000 mAh cell could just be charged at 0.166 C also.

Does it harm a cell to charge it like that??

The Q8 should be getting about 15 to 16 kHz (I’ve measured 15.3 to 15.7 kHz). S2+ should be 12 to 15 kHz, or ~36 kHz, depending on which batch the driver is from.

Generally these have tried to get a frequency which is as low as possible while still being too high for most humans to hear. Slower uses less power and improves stability, but can look or sound bad, so the sweet spot seems to be as close to 20 kHz as the hardware will allow. For attiny13/25/45/85, the closest it can easily do is about 16 kHz.

I am always a slow learner…and if Zanflare is as good as you say I will watch out for it next time price is right… but maybe I must sell or give away some of my other chargers before that.