Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Wow, some nice ideas there!

finally my Q8 is arrived and boy she is gorgeous :heart_eyes:
no defect on the body and i only try the ramping mode, must wait until dark outside to test another feature
thank you for BLF Q8 team and Thorfire for making this light available on the market :+1:

My 3rd Q8 (second batch) got a trial by downpour and some character marks this evening. I returned home in the dark with a storm pending, tornado watch and all, to find an elderly neighbor standing in the middle of the road staring at his wife’s car in the headlights of his car. Drivers side front wheel has broken out from the ball joint and is jammed into the fender and the road. So I put on my rain gear and pulled out a Q8.

We spent an hour in the absolute pouring rain, manhandling a Plymouth Breeze to the side of the road by the light of a Q8. At one point it got stepped on while laying in the road, picking up a little road rash. No signs of water inside the light, I just dried it off, sighed at the scuffs, and put it on the bedside table.

My only complaint is that I can’t use the Q8 in what I’m realizing is my most used mode: in my mouth. The S2+, my A6, X5 and X6 all work just fine that way. Although it does make my mumbling to myself even more incoherent.

I wouldn’t take it swimming, but my Q8 is definitely weather proof.

No need to ask to someone to do this, except if you broken your wrists, else ask your wife…add a Q8 to your banggood’s cart and copy/paste your discount code to verify if it is still working or not. :wink:
And the good thing is that you will just need one more click to proceed to checkout.

Under the chin hold :wink: I font read much about it but use it often with fatter lights
Love that with the Q8, no sharp edges, thick enough and lighting whhat is near the hands

Hehe kuddos for the first person to post a picture with the Q8 in their mouth

+1 :crown: :+1:

Hey! Just a little over 30 posts more, and this thread will catch up to Dale (DB Custom) on post count! :open_mouth:

EDIT: Speaking of post count: I just realized I’ve surpassed 5000 posts a while back! I need to do a GAW! Be on the lookout… :wink:

Received my Q8 finally. Everything looks perfect! This might be heresy, but I actually received it yesterday and didn’t have time to mess with it. Finally lit it up in my office this morning testing out ramping and strobe modes. Hopefully I can get some work done after my vision returns from having police strobe reflecting off the white walls in my face!

Many thanks to all that made this possible! Glad to be a part of the group buy!

-Garry

Sigh…

Still waiting for mine, it went via Turkey post and the last tracking status is from 2 weeks ago:
October 11, 14:00
Imported to the country of destination
Destination Country
October 11 12:35
Exported from the departure country
Turkey, ISTANBUL

Not losing hope yet…

> one of my Q8’s has 5 rows while the other one has 4 [rows of knurling on the battery tube]

That’s a little weird. Is the overall length of the 2 battery tubes the same? Same number of threads?

Yesterday I received second my BLF Q8, bought on Sep 26
This unit (second batch) is infinitely better built than the first one, the same about the QC

This is the detail of “bad” issues

-Small ding on the anodizing, insignificant

-Two dents on the anodizing of the border of tail, if the cap is not removed, it will not be seen

-The driver retaining screws are too short, screw only two turns, they were changed by others a bit long (M2.5 x 5mm)

Primary test with 4 NCR18650GA: works fine
About o-rings: those of this unit have no noticeable differences with those of the first unit

If it were not for the small ding in the anodized would be over five stars, now it is only five stars

Thanks to the Q8 Team and all those who made this possible

I’ll take a look when I get home tonight. It could simply be a case of the tubes being made on different machines where the cuts on them are slightly different.

my wife says if you send her PMS
she will send you anthrax

:rage:

Oh and by the way, I can’t make the Q8 fit in my mouth, it just will not open enough :wink:

I suppose if I count things which aren’t visible while assembled, my Q8 has a few little imperfections. The biggest ones are about 4-5 dented spots on the bezel threads (the aluminum threads, not the steel part). Those threads were also dry, which made it difficult to remove the bezel the first time… but that was easily fixed.

The main threads between tube and head have lost a fair amount of anodizing already, but it doesn’t affect anything since that’s not a place where electrical contact matters. The anodizing in that area kind of ground off into fine powder and turned the lube a grey color, which I cleaned off and replaced with some Superlube. It’s now cleaner and smoother and the tube threads in about 10 degrees farther.

There are also some microscopic bits of anodizing missing in about a dozen places, but they’re generally the size of a speck of dust, and only noticeable when the light hits it just right. I’ve seen similar missing flecks on a ZebraLight.

Oh, and there seems to be a bit of stray anodized metal stuck in the bottom of the tripod hole where the thread stops. I haven’t tried the tripod mount yet.

None of this really matters though… the only part of the host I can complain about at all is that I kinda lost the AR coating lottery. I’m not sure, but I suspect they might pour coating over a large sheet of glass before cutting out lenses, and the coating doesn’t get distributed evenly… or maybe coating is different between batches of lenses. I don’t know. The amount of coating seems to vary though (on many lights, not just on the Q8), and mine is relatively thick. So the beam on mine is a bit green.

It’s definitely nicer than my original SRK, despite being cheaper and having better performance.

On that note, I’ve been meaning to tell The Miller what “PMS” means. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So we should look at about 5A draw per battery? (20A total according to this post)

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/39069/11484

Im currently looking at buying cells locally, and with the battery comparison of HKJ I think I can turn off the 7A 10A and 15A curves, right!?

PMS :person_facepalming:
PMs :+1:

Finally received mine,about number 516, first batch. Some minor damage to screw heads, inconsistent slots in the screws, and the top edge of the battery tube is extremely rough and chipped. The switch leds are uneven but this cannot be seen in the dark, and they are working well after a few hours left alone.

Overall the issues are extremely minor, a bit of polishing up here and there and replacement screws are all that is called for. The batteries are the problem now, ordered two weeks ahead of the Q8 and about 3 weeks behind in tracking. I won’t have them until maybe middle of next month. Currently I can only run the Q8 on one flat top 30Q which is damaging the wrap on the top edge. Performance like this is on a par with my A6, though the tint seems superior and it doesn’t get more than slightly warm on full. I will post some pics tomorrow.

Very happy with my purchase, I feel like I need another one since it feels so good in the hand, amd I have 2 hands!

Many thanks to all involved, roll on the lantern….