Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

That’s so dangerous, though.

I thought this was a family friendly forum :smiley:

Sorry. How is that dangerous? The cells are in parallel, and are already conducting through the tail end of the battery tube. I don’t understand what part you are saying is dangerous.

As was said earlier, the wire moving and touching the center brass ring. That’s a direct short leading to smoke and fire.

Maybe a solid copper wire that was soldered into place would be better. This would have no strands to fray and would stay solidly in place.

Are you saying put the wire in the tail end of the battery tube?

If so, that’s a different situation.

I would just add some small, flat washers to space the tail board from the tube.

No, think he means the ring of wire as shown earlier - sitting on the driver ground ring. It's a kludgy fix but would probably make the problem a whole lot better. I'd prefer a custom made copper ring though, maybe make it removable so can be used only with long cells. If you solder it in place, then not sure what it would do for using shorter cells, but soldered in place would be better for non-techies.

It's an option though. Still think a ~1.35 mm thick o-ring would be bout perfect.

This is close: https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-34mmx44mmx1-5mm-Copper-Sealing-Grommet/dp/B074T6BPC3/ref=sr_1_33?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1508954191&sr=1-33&refinements=p_n_feature_seven_browse-bin%3A5485421011

Yep. Big, skinny copper O-rings are out there somewhere, as oil gaskets.

Yeah. The original suggestion was to space the tail board out. My idea was to use a single piece of copper as a washer for spacing the tail board out instead of using individual washers around the screws that hold the tail board on. The small flat washers may interfere with the conductance from the tail board to the battery tube.

Ugh…

Shipped September 29th, estimated delivery date Oct 22

DHL……

Estimated delivery date Oct 25,

Sitting in Seattle for 9 days now… Only 7 business day mind you but still no status update.
Now just MIA because “DHL reasons.”

Sumner, WA, US TENDERED TO DELIVERY SERVICE PROVIDER

That the hell does that even mean. It still have over 1800 miles to go before it gets to the local USPS branch…

Sorry for ranting but I get frustrated from shippers that can not figure out how the flip to ship a small package. The sad thing is I can overnight ship something to NYC with the USPS and it gets there in just over 8 hours….

So for an o-ring groove that’s .30mm overall diameter larger, groovr needs to be deepened by 1/2 of .30mm or about .006”.

Sanding cord of approx o-ring thickness may work.

I just received my Q8 ordered on October 16. There is no hint of AR coating on the lens. The end cap threads were not lubed, so I relubed the end cap and battery tube and everything is reasonably smooth now. Nothing major in the QC department, but I’ll list it anyway.

QC issues:

1. Some metal dust in the battery tube and black crud on the battery contact ring
  2. Minor ding under the ano on the head
  3. No lube on the end cap threads, quite a few dings
  4. Burrs under the ano on the battery tube and tripod mount threads
  5. Minor dust under the lens and a small manufacturing defect on the reflector

Hey, Charles BridgTec just put up his review of the Q8 earlier today.

Was drinking it this morning, an Ethiopian organic. Really good stuff.

I got my final, 3rd, Q8 in the mail today. :wink:

Fresh out of the box with freshly charged button top Samsung 30Q’s it does 5727 lumens at start.

My modified Q8, the 1st to arrive, on freshly charged Sony VTC5A’s, is now doing 8728.5 lumens at start.

I have no clue what your talking about.

Coffee

Oh, all I know is black or brown (black with milk or cream). That’s about it. Lol

You kids and your Starbucks.

…and missing in action. 2nd one is on October, 12.
Turkey Post.

Received my batch #2 Q8 today.
Flawless … everything is flawless.

My caliper (“Carbon Fiber Composite”) is not very accurate but, when I measure the same thing several times, the measurements are repeated

I measured OD with o-ring placed and there is difference
1st batch = 49.8mm
2nd batch = 50.0mm

Then measured without o-ring
1st batch = 47.5mm
2nd batch = 47.7mm

The ID of the head in the zone of friction of the o-ring in both units, 50.3mm

Reassembling brings up a problem
The friction of the o-ring in the unit of the 2nd batch is quite harder, I did not think to measure
Then I changed the o-ring for one of Ultrafire C2 lens, 39×1.5mm
I re-measured the OD with the placed o-ring, 49.9mm
Now, the situation improved

NEITHER of my 2 Q8`s have AR coating .
Other wise they seem fine.
Actually` I LOVE THEM `
But I am a little disappointed there is no AR coating on either flashlight .