Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

May have been closer to 2-2.5 hours at the higher output I ended up using now that I think of it, maybe slightly less. I began at a level which appeared about 2-300 lumens then kicked it up to improve lighting. Certainly seemed brighter than the reference lights I have in my memory, MH27 @ 1000 lumens, Tm16gt at its lower levels(obviously different in flood vs throw characteristics vs q8). Would that make more sense? I’m guessing it was at least 1000 lumens. lol I guess it’s hard to tell what operating lumens are with ramping.

Any suggestions on battery charger? Liitokala 500 or Xtar VC4? Must have capacity to charge NiMH as well as Li-ion Batteries.

I am very pleased with the Liitokala 500. I recommend it. There are other good ones also.

:+1:

Right away, there is a big difference.
VC4 does 4 x .5A and Lii 500 does 4 x 1A.

So VC4 will take twice as long to charge.

For a little more money the new miboxer C4-12 can do up to 4 x 3A as well as 4 x 1.5A for a good match to 18650. It’s got a lot of great features.

But is it safe to charge 18650s at 3A?
Some say, slower is better. Any ideas on that?

No, the higher charge rates are better suited to the bigger 26650 batteries (of which 4 will fit in this charger).

Each model of battery has its own unique specifications, but generally speaking, 60% of its mah rating is about right. So a 3000mah battery like the 30Q is fine to charge at 1.8A. So to be safe and still get the fastest charge I can, I was looking for a charger that can do 4 x 1.5A. A charger that does 4 x 1A is fine as well, but takes a bit longer.

They show ‘sold out’ when they can not ship to your country.

This happens after you log in or provide a country to ship to.

Ok… :confounded:

C4-12 willl be $31 on 11.11. on aliexpress
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Miboxer-4Slots-3A-slot-LCD-Screen-Battery-Charger-for-Li-ion-18650-14500-26650-AAA-AA/32830836924.html

Thanks to everyone who wanted to take the bait and continue to defend your stace/post, but refrained from it.

IMO these pages are much more pleasant to read when one isnt engaging in that petty stuff.

:+1:

Thanks for the info…
But I would rather go for liitokala 500

Thanks for the info. I see maybe 6 stores on Aliexpress that carry it. I put them all on my wish list. I think they let you know when something on your wish list goes on sale. Plus I’ll check all the prices on 11/11. I’m sure I can get a good deal on it.

s_mukherjee
That depends on what you need.

If you need analyzing charger go for Lii-500
If you need fast charger for 26650 cells go for C4-12

As I have Lii-500, I will buy C4-12 for faster charging.

JasonWW
I’m not sure about that, you better add it to cart.

You lost me on this one. I didn’t see any “bait”. That’s okay though. Theres no need to explain it.

Yeah, I agree.

I don’t have flashlight that runs on 26650. So, may be the Liitokala 500 will suffice.

Lii-500 should be good choice for you.

Anyone have any idea about Liitokala protected 18650s?

I have 3 Lii-500 chargers & am very happy with them :+1:
They will charge 2 x 26650 at 1A each at a time, so just a little bit slow for 26650”s but I also have an Xtar SV2 Rocket that charges 2 x 26650 at 2A each for charging 26650”s a bit faster.

Liitokala seems to rewrap good cells so I saw the protected Panasonic cells
These work fine in the Q8.
A couple of hundreds lumen extra at the top end is hard to see
Sooner low voltage protection is easy to see so the Panasonic are not bad at all

Wait I missed this completely, you got on without resistor in switch assembly? That is odd