Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Oh, I gotcha. A battery charger named that is not so bad, but a battery named C4, yikes.

The new Trustfire C4 model 18650 7,000 mah battery. Grab a handful and toss them in your favorite device for explosive power!

Lol

I like the default ramping mode. It is simple for me and I don’t have to bother with all the bells and whistles unless I want to.

… but if you want simple simple light, I would recommend reading the manual and figuring out how to change your lights from ramping to mode. You only have to figure out how to change it once, and then you can forget all the directions. I would recommend Mode #11, 10% / 35% / turbo, for simplicity. The 10% won’t be mistaken for off like 2% might be mistaken, but you sill can run for good long time. The three levels is a good simple interface.

Good luck.

I bought my Q8’s to use as emergency lighting as our power goes out often. Push the green light until you have the amount of light you need. This is a very simple concept and one of the reasons I chose this light for that purpose. My wife loves it and she needs to take quick action when we loose power for medical reasons. Our grown daughters have their own now for the same purpose. They are not flashlight people but see the basic operation as simple and intuitive. ( but they are comfortable with 18650 batteries as they vape) None of the other 15+ people that have seen mine required more than about 20 seconds of instruction to operate this light and none said “oh that’s too complicated.” This is the best light I have for an emergency. The only simpler option I think would be an on/off switch. There are a lot of options with that feature.

If this is to be used as an emergency light or by someone who only understands on/off why not take 5 minutes to program it as such and not have to worry anymore? 1 mode click on click off or several modes H->L no memory… or pretty much whatever you want.

That’s the beauty of these recent leaps forward in flashlight firmware versatility made by the great people here. We have a flashlight that can be molded quite easily by almost any layman that can read to a thousand different configurations to fit their specific desires.

It’s not a perfect fit, but as long as it placed on well (and I find a slight turn helps too) it stays in place well.

In other news, I used my Q8 (and L6) as studio lights today, both facing white wall corners to act as light boxes. As this avoided having to faff around setting up wireless flash/strobes, the photoshoot was completed about 10 time faster than usual!

There is a reason big box stores just carry “simple” basic lights. Its what some people need. Box stores are there for those people. I am thankful that people like Tom E, Toykeeper, and the whole Q8 and GT development teams are here for those of us that want more. Thanks to you all the Q8 rocks , i love mine.

alternety, you obviously did not understand what you were getting into with the Q8. RTFM or sell them and get sumpin simple. Yeh, I know the manual is also difficult to understand, but everybody I hand the light to picks up within seconds how to operate it. They love ramping…who doesn’t? So simple.

The Q8 is a flashlight lovers flashlight, just as a Miata or a Porsche is a car nuts dream. Those cars are not for everyone same as the Q8 is not.

Good one.

:smiley: :smiling_imp:

Well, I guess I need to be added to the list for the beacon LED failing on the switch. Flashlight stills seems to be operating properly, just no beacon.

alternety that is why there is the BLF 348. one button, one click, easy as can be.
If you disable moon and set 3 modes the Q8 acts exactly like a lot of flashlights with a side button, and no need to use a magnification lens for the manual, it is in post 2, open the pic (maybe download it) and on a PC screen you can zoom in and out by holding Ctrl and use the mouse scroll wheel at the same time :slight_smile:

OK like WHAT not 100% clear the resistor was not there when you got the light?
that is really vague :frowning:

PM send

Isn’t it great for that? :slight_smile:

I have four soda-can lights now, and they make photo/video lighting sooooo much easier! They’re bright enough to use for this purpose, have enough battery power and thermal mass to leave them on high for a while, and some of them even have tripod mounts.

The weird part is that, despite being the best of the four, the Q8 also had the lowest price.

I think I understand now. Really, I should have remembered from when you mentioned it a while back, but it didn’t come to mind.

It sounds like the Q8 may actually have your needs covered, though, if you use the config mode to change some settings first. The mode set UI can probably do something suitable, if you turn moon off and tell it to use a good mode group. Then it’ll click on at a useful brightness level, or you can click it more than once to get to other levels, and then click once to turn it off when you’re done. It’s pretty simple, and might be appropriate for your needs.

Can anyone suggest any holster for Q8? Will order the holster with the flashlight from Banggood.
Thanks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Smoke-Grenade-Pouch-MOLLE-II-Coyote-Brown-Magazine-Double-Mag-Knife-Phone-Tool/272385613415?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&\_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Anything like fenix or nitecore or thrunite holster?

H'es out of the deep pocket ones. This one I got in and it's really nice: https://www.ebay.com/itm/T3-Gear-Single-1-Smoke-Grenade-Pouch-Coyote-Tan, deep pocket.

The Miller you misread my posts.

I got this one and it fits perfectly. Comfortable even for hours at your belt.
https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B005Q749NG/

Not from Banggood though …