Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Thanks for joining BLF! The Q8 will be a fine flashlight, and there’s much more to enjoy on the forum :slight_smile:

Welcome to BLF!
Cool you dedicate your first post here.
Djozz said it there is much to discover and it will take a while before the Q8 is in our hands :wink:

Just saw this thread. You people are amazing!
Thanks for trying to bring this to reality.
Count me in for one at least.
I still love my original SRK.

Sorry for not updating the OP
There was a thunderstorm yesterday night and I guess lightning struck something from our ISP.
The modem is on and off all day and only internet on phone works good
But I am not going to edit the OP on this small screen :slight_smile:
Just know it is not forgotten :wink:

I tried to resist. I really did. I’m in.

Resistance as you know is futile here frank. You hang around a thread long enough and it will reach out and slowly drag you in. :slight_smile:

Yes, always. I really did try though. :person_facepalming:

well, this certainly is interesting. The posts are way too technical for me, so not keeping up with them as I have done with all previous GB. But I have a feeling that when, and I know it is in the far distant future, this light become available, it will be one of the best offerings yet. Giant flashlight braintrust involved! Thanks of course.

Guys exactly what does in parallel means? It means that each cell will power one led? or 1 cell will power 4 leds? What is the runtimes of running in parallel as opposed to series in different modes?

4 batteries in parallel , will power 4 leds connected also in parallel .
Parallel means that all the negatives of the batteries are connected together , and the same for the positive side , if we talk about batteries.
In leds , it’s the same thing , all 4 leds , will have a common plus and common minus comming from the driver.

Yes
Parallel means in this case
1 or 2 or 3 or 4 cells can be used
And whether 1 or 4 is/are used the voltage will be between 4,2 at start to as low as 2,7V at cut off.
Adding cells mean longer runtimes
So 1 cell 3400mAh at 4,2V
And 4 cells 13600mAh thus four time longer operation
1 cell parallel 4,2V 3400mAh
2 cells parallel 4,2V 6800mAh
3 cells parallel 4,2V 10200mAh
4 cells parallel 4,2V 13600mAh

(Where in series the voltage is getting higher but mAh stays the same
1 cell series 4,2V 3400mAh
2 cells series 8,4V 3400mAh
3 cells series 12,6V 3400mAh

Hi guys thanks sooooo much for putting on this GB and organising it with such precision. And for that price as stated in OP.

Count me in for 1x BLF Q8

Great explanation. Thanks. This definetely means I’m positively in :smiley:

AND YES we have a new modem!
OP finally updated!

A manuel for Tom E’s Narsil Firmware can be found in the link in this post

@ The Miller :
Can you add this to post #2 ?

YES!
EDIT done!

Thanx for posting! Nice job! I don't have one of those diagrams - circle-of-modes sort of thing, but I think all the usability info is there. Probably would need two circles with one for ramping, one for mode sets. Hhmm - wonder what app they used...

No my friend, the creation of Narsil, the coding and making it available for us mortals to see ANF helping in the Q8, all that are great jobs and worthy of loafs of thanks!

Play'n with my SWM C20C today @work, running Narsil w/ramping... Darn nice. The C20C is branded as the Tomahawk, so it's good with me . I bought the last couple C20C's Illumn was getting rid of.

@ Tom E
I try it in a spread sheet in order to get a cheat sheet. I need min. 3 tables. A lot of stuff in it :smiley:

Two questions:

1. Battery check is different in Ramping and Modes, right? Tripple click works only in ramping?
  2. In Modes: “Mode Set Operation: From OFF, a click goes to 1st mode, while a click&hold (~1/3 sec) goes to last mode. ” It is unclear if “first mode” “last mode” is from the chosen modes list . I guess “first mode” could also be memorised mode (if enabled)?

Joechina