Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

A better analogy might be most modern sports cars which come with all sorts of electronic stability controls but also a switch to disable them. So it’s safer out of the box but you can still use it to its full potential if you wish to.

I agree that there are plenty of good reasons for running the light too hot to touch. You might have it on a tripod, be wearing gloves, want to cook your breakfast on it, etc.

Yes, a better analogy.

OK, I am in for one.

What about with a silicon band, 2 inches wide, as a heat protection around the body while holding?
Some coffee mugs have this.

Very nice Tom. I’m still waiting for my lens to ship. The 23rd now. :weary:

The perfect winter light :slight_smile:
Banggood can sell the Q8 as a camping stove if they include a bezel with a pan holder.

I think this looks amazing; folks working together and getting along without fighting. A real feat that is not so easy, even when people are being paid outright. If no one else is #486, please put me down for one.

Thanks Tom for making this light multi purpose. :laughing:

Levity, levity! :slight_smile:

What for? Just crack an egg over the lens, wrap bacon around the head and set to high for 5-10 minutes.

Yes you get it designed for quail eggs

Will update OP later!

Airbags… Can we incorporate airbags too? :wink:

hahahaha and a self unfolding rubber mat in case user falls
Did we mentions the kevlar to make it bullitproof?

I have been thnking a lt about an analogy based on the car analogies above
They both seem wrong.
Imagine a car that s able to run harder then the speedlimit, now look at yur car if you have one, tadaa it probably can!.
Logically a car should not be able to drive much faster then the top speed yet almost all can go much much faster.
Here is the wrong in the analogy, driving faster then the limit is not legal where having a light on turbe is :wink:
YET in parts of Germany there is no speedlimit (as a kid when my dad got a new car this always meant going to Germany for a schnitzel somewhere so my dad could go as fast as the car permitted, well over 200KM/h when I was young, limited to 250KM/h in the latest trips like that. No matter how solid the cars were (I mean the first one meant wind and tires noise, the laste big German cars were silent and omfortable even at those speeds) still the speed was noticeable by more then just numbers on the dash.

And even though the car could do it by default (so not turning off safety features as the second car analogy) the driver is aware of the difference between real high speeds and normal speeds.
Meaning our Q8 an be compared to big solid German car :wink:

As such buyers from BLF and later others have a light with some safety, (maybe even thermal reguationed step down) but at least timed stepdown. This can be disabled as in lots of sports cars safety features can be disabled by those knowing what they do.
Tom is about to enter a new modegroup with lower max in Narsil, so people can even choose to use the Q8 as if it was a car not able to exceed normal speedlimits.
Thus making is a heck of a safe light or a hot hotrod, just how the user wants it, CHOICE yay!

Choice and options are good. That all I was trying to say when I wrote what I did.

But I kinda like the stove idea too!

Late comer here, can I have one added on the list?

Yes of course, will update the OP later :wink:

That's a cool idea... Yes, multi-LED, multi-cell, mutli-function.

Not many appreciate the versatility of the soup can form: lantern (w/Fenix Diffuser), stove, moon mode running for 4+ months (calculated), or light'n up the neighborhood.

So what are the expected otput watts ? :slight_smile:

Well, do the math. My proto does 16A, figuring roughly in that neighborhood for the eventual Q8, maybe 14A to 18A stock. Differences:

• Q8 will have NW XPL's - proto uses NW XM-L2's
  • Q8 should have 20 AWG wires, single pair - proto uses 4 pair of 22 AWG
  • Q8 should have double springs and efficient traces on the tail PCB - proto has bypass's on all 4 springs, plus bypass's on the tail PCB
  • Q8 we are hoping will have one single copper DTP MCPCB - proto has 4 separate 16 mm Noctigons on a thin copper plate w/thermal grease

Didn't measure voltage, but if it's 3.8V, then watts is ~61. For 4.0V, watts is 64. Of course watts, along with amps and voltage, will drop as the cells drain, so this level cannot be sustained.