Quad 24mm Copper TPAD DTP

I have but one.

20mm quad XML/XHP50? what optics would you use?
Cheers
Mark

I’m guessing dedomed with Carclo quad optics.

Central hole size on quad?

3.2mm
Cheers
Mark

Ok Guys, this is the final iteration of the quad TPAD

Slotted holes verses drilled, we discussed with Carclo on this to ensure the design and with slots you can likely use khatods
This will be available in
XPG,XPE,NVSL,XTE, C35 Semileds Violet, XHP35,XPL
I will put some preorder options up this week or check with Richard at Mountain on what you need
Cheers
Mark

That’s great! Khatod has both a quad 25 mm and 35 mm that use the same footprint as the Carclo quad but with slightly wider peg locations and deeper optic so this more than doubles the possible optics you can use. Hope you can send him some bare boards as well.

He was planning of buying a bunch of bare boards, I emailed him re this update, so hope to have it all in place
Cheers
Mark

Thanks Mark, can’t wait! :slight_smile:

just arrived, tasty as they look

enjoy

WTF? They are not round? What is max dimention?

19.82 mmm they would look rounder if the optic holes were not slotted
Cheers
Mark

This is for XML?

No, xp size or nichia.
There is no such optics for xml.

I like how they look! :slight_smile:

Is there a way we (from Europe) can get it ?

Looking forward to seeing these on your website with XHP35 HI and matching optics.

I think the situation is something like: Nobody will make 3/4-up MCPCBs for the 5x5 footprint LEDs because there are no optics that will fit over the domes; and, Nobody will make optics for 3/4-up 5x5 footprint LEDs because there are no MCPCBs. Is that about right? xD

Defenetly no.
Even XP-G has to big die to work with 10mm optics. There is no way to do tir with such small difference between led die and optics size, beamshot will be more square than round.

Oh gosh, thanks for the info! I should toss out the lights I've built with XPL HIs & Carclo 3-up TIRs then? Because apparently they won't work? And the light they put out is just my imagination? Any other little pearls of wisdom you can share with us?