quad xpl project...

hallo people.anynone tried to make a quad xpl flashlight? 4x xpl?
any idea for host? i know only about eagleeye from banggood for modding…but sadly they dont sell only host.
i would survive also 26650 model….just searching where to start…the only thing i can get is the carclo 24mm optic…and the fet driver:) 4 xpl hi e dont have on stars yes?

I expect you can get them on cutters new DTP copper quad board from cutter electronics. It’s made to fit both the Carclo and Khatod quad optics. The Khatod has a 35 mm option that you can sand to fit something in between an X6 and a P60 host. You’ll need a spacer for just about any light though.

http://www.cutter.com.au/proddetail.php?prod=cut2779
you mean this?:laughing:)

ps-please,the p60 is which model?never heard about it…

Pretty sure either optic fits into a Solarforce L2, I’ll check this evening. For either one you will need to make or mod a pill to hold the driver and quad mcpcb since there isn’t a drop in available for it. Simplest would be sand the lip off a P60 brass pill and add enough copper discs to raise the optic up to the bezel and use the light itself to center the brass under the shim(s) securing it with thermal adhesive. You could add a screw after it sets. If you feel brave you could assemble the discs and pill with solder paste and reflow them together in an oven, again using the host as a jig to keep everything in place just remove all o-rings first.

If you have problems getting the quad mcpcb from cutter , contact user “dsche” .
Ask for copper boards , he had some last few …

P60 refers to a whole group of lights from various manufactures that all use a combination reflector+brass pill that drops into the host as a unit. Solarforce L2 in different styles, Ultrafire 501b/502B, many, many different makes and models. Convenient in that no soldering is necessary to change LEDs, just screw in a different pill or use a different entire reflector/pill drop in. The drawbacks are so-so grounding, poor thermal transfer, and limited choice of dedicated reflectors. These can be overcome so many still like them and they are still common enough that specialized aftermarket pills and drop ins have been made. Both the Carclo and Khatod quad optics fit behind the Solarforce L2 M bezel but the locator pins on the Khatod quad optic do not fit into the drill in recess as the Carclo quad optic does. The Khatod would require shaving the outside faces of the pins a bit. Easier to do might be a Convoy M1 host which has only a slightly head than a P60.

Not so recently I was toying with the idea of fitting 4×219Bs on a 20mm Nano-materials Base Plate for CREE MK-R/XHP70 LED Emitters. I ditched the idea because I ended up choosing a 80+CRI XHP70 but, anyway, I'm gonna use that baseplate for my build; I believe that will work better than the majority of folks afford themselves to because, despite not being DTP (and that's the reason you could fit 4×XP-Ls 2S2P on it), the nano layer has quite high conductivity and it's all over the board, which means you get nice extra improved heat transfer through the leds' leads and not only through the central pad.

Too bad I don't have a clue as to when am I gonna receive my May 1st order, it's still on the dry docks and, once again, FT changed the restocking date to 2016/05/13. @#$% SlowTech

Cheers ^:)

hm…so probably it will be not so easy and more expensive than covoy s2 triple:))

i dont want only boards-i want it complete with xpl…

In such a case: 16mm Nano-materials Base Plate For CREE XHP50?/XHP70 LED Emitters

That would allow you to fit 4 XP-L dies in 2S2P.

C'mon!!! DIY reflow that emitter pack! Put your favorite pan on the stove! LOL!

no their here
http://www.cutter.com.au/products.php?cat=Leds+on+Quad+TPAD
Cheers
Mark

Could we all agreed of avoiding this ridiculous “nano-material” thing PLEASE ?
This is bullshit advertising and really make us look like amateurs…
I don’t see what’s wrong with “alu” or “aluminum”

+1

That is clearly an arrogant statement. You seem to despise a product you have no clue about its performance. I haven’t found a single test on those “alu-nano” boards. Guess I’ll be one the pioneers.
Now please look at this from this perspective: if we can determine these “nano” dielectric layers are really good at heat transfer, I have little doubt they could also be implemented in copper boards. Either DTP or not, if all of the dielectric layer has a much improved heat transfer ability I have little doubt soon you would have new enhaced Sinkpads/Noctigons.
Take care.

Cheers :partying_face:

so,i have this quad:
http://www.cutter.com.au/proddetail.php?prod=cut2779
spacer i will get soon…i will use FET driver from BG…
optic-http://www.cutter.com.au/search.php?pg=1&stext=Carclo+106&sprice=&stype=&scat=&sfil0=&sfil1=&sfil2=&sfil3=&sfil4=&sfil5=&sfil6=&sfil7=&sfil8=&sfil9=&sfil10=&sfil11=&sfil12=&sfil13=&sfil14=&sfil15=
i dont see the difference betweeen the 24mm ones….or i see,but dont undertand them:)
so this all will fit into x6?or p60 models?
no,it will not fit…i have to use Khatod optic…so can i use 35 mm optic for 24mm quad xpl board?:slight_smile:

Well, if your knowledges and equipments allow you to make a proper heat transfer comparison between “nano materials”, standard alu board and Noctigon/Sinkpad… I’m all open to discussion.
Until then, and without sufficient data/IR imagery I will consider this bullshit advertisement.
Don’t forget that we’re dealing with Chinese sellers who sell 9000mAh 18650 and 2000lumens LB sk68

You can use 34-35mm kathod ledil quad optics inside X6 host with triple spacer, even with XP-L (not only HI).
There is no pcb for such combination, so four small pcbs soldered/glued to the heatsink should be used.

Premium Quad XP-L light is also in the making here -> Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

this is a monster….not edc…:slight_smile: and now after years i see-i dont need it:))

Unfortunately, I do not think I'll be able to make any fair comparison, I neither have an equivalent footprint 20mm copper DTP star nor an IR camera. Got an IR thermometer with adjustable emissivity and that's about it.

No bullsh1t advertising here, behind non-upheld claims I am not. And I've yet to receive an advertising wage.

On the other hand, FastTech has yet to send me my 1st of May order, the baseplate isn't in stock yet; I may have changed my order with a standard copper star, but neither it is in stock. :FACEPALM:

9000cmAh and 2000clm? Outdated figures my dear! Already seen 9900cmAh and 3000clm for an SK68 clone!