quad xpl project...

+1

That is clearly an arrogant statement. You seem to despise a product you have no clue about its performance. I haven’t found a single test on those “alu-nano” boards. Guess I’ll be one the pioneers.
Now please look at this from this perspective: if we can determine these “nano” dielectric layers are really good at heat transfer, I have little doubt they could also be implemented in copper boards. Either DTP or not, if all of the dielectric layer has a much improved heat transfer ability I have little doubt soon you would have new enhaced Sinkpads/Noctigons.
Take care.

Cheers :partying_face:

so,i have this quad:
http://www.cutter.com.au/proddetail.php?prod=cut2779
spacer i will get soon…i will use FET driver from BG…
optic-http://www.cutter.com.au/search.php?pg=1&stext=Carclo+106&sprice=&stype=&scat=&sfil0=&sfil1=&sfil2=&sfil3=&sfil4=&sfil5=&sfil6=&sfil7=&sfil8=&sfil9=&sfil10=&sfil11=&sfil12=&sfil13=&sfil14=&sfil15=
i dont see the difference betweeen the 24mm ones….or i see,but dont undertand them:)
so this all will fit into x6?or p60 models?
no,it will not fit…i have to use Khatod optic…so can i use 35 mm optic for 24mm quad xpl board?:slight_smile:

Well, if your knowledges and equipments allow you to make a proper heat transfer comparison between “nano materials”, standard alu board and Noctigon/Sinkpad… I’m all open to discussion.
Until then, and without sufficient data/IR imagery I will consider this bullshit advertisement.
Don’t forget that we’re dealing with Chinese sellers who sell 9000mAh 18650 and 2000lumens LB sk68

You can use 34-35mm kathod ledil quad optics inside X6 host with triple spacer, even with XP-L (not only HI).
There is no pcb for such combination, so four small pcbs soldered/glued to the heatsink should be used.

Premium Quad XP-L light is also in the making here -> Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

this is a monster….not edc…:slight_smile: and now after years i see-i dont need it:))

Unfortunately, I do not think I'll be able to make any fair comparison, I neither have an equivalent footprint 20mm copper DTP star nor an IR camera. Got an IR thermometer with adjustable emissivity and that's about it.

No bullsh1t advertising here, behind non-upheld claims I am not. And I've yet to receive an advertising wage.

On the other hand, FastTech has yet to send me my 1st of May order, the baseplate isn't in stock yet; I may have changed my order with a standard copper star, but neither it is in stock. :FACEPALM:

9000cmAh and 2000clm? Outdated figures my dear! Already seen 9900cmAh and 3000clm for an SK68 clone!

Cheers ^:)

I wasn’t telling that you are advertising these, but by using their terminology you give them some credit about exagerated specs !
We all know that those “new” nanowhatever boards are exactly the same standard alu boards with the thin black or white insulating layer.

BTW, I love my G700 and you should all buy one ! Tactical army power !!!

Cutter is the only place I’ve seen an mcpcb for the 35mm ledil Cute-4 optic and although they have XP and XM versions it’s non dtp. I actually wonder what optic or reflector the Noctogon 32 was designed for since it has the led footprint for the cute-3 but with an extra led pad in the center.

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_285242.html

are this two not the same??

The eagle eye has a reflector optimized for the XPL HI led, the S2 for XM-L2.

Convoy M1 makes a nice host for the 24mm quad and Cutter T-Pad combo. Takes a bit of work for the heat sink but the host is really sweet and it’s pocketable…

I would go this route and have kiriba-ru make the copper spacer for it. I have one I did and it’s really a killer little light. :wink:

By the way, no alu-nano plate I am going to test, after 14 days full of backorder delays I just had enough and got a Sinkpad. My last orders from SlowTech have been insanely slow. It seems they're having issues with chimpanzee training in their warehouses.

Match tested the copper DTP against aluminum a long time ago and had charts on the results. Aluminum stars peaked in output and current MUCH sooner than copper DTP. If spec current is all you’re doing, it’s not a big deal, but when overclocking, Copper DTP rules.

I meant this stuff: 20mm Nano-materials Base Plate for CREE MK-R/XHP70 LED Emitters

That's no ordinary baseplate, it uses a really high thermal conductivity dielectric layer (2 tiers available: 115 & 152W/mK) which presumably puts its overall thermal transfer performance on par with standard dielectric DTP copper boards.

These boards could be really handy in order to reflow 4-packs of 3'5mm of side emitters (219Bs, XP-Ls, XP-G2s, etc) in XHP70 footprints. Well, if you can get some…

SinkPAD advertises 385.0W/m.k on their DTP copper stars, so that one is nowhere close.

I have thought about this.
This host can fit 26.5mm carclo single with minimal modifications (adding about 2mm copper plate under pcb).
Quad is smaller OD so the best way is making full height spacer.
Waiting you photos.

I don’t seem to have photo’s. I know I built one for a friend but I don’t know when it was, I remember that it was so cool I bought an M1 and built myself one. I have over 1700 pictures of flashlights I’ve worked on and built, can’t seem to find that one pictured anywhere, neither his nor mine. And, honestly, I also don’t remember who I built it for.

It’s a shelf, with a bit larger bezel and lens diameter than the 24mm quad optic, so I know I did it like the X5 triple where I had the sink full height to support the optic, and like the X5 quad for that matter.

The difference between optic and bezel aperture isn’t as great as this X5 triple, but it’s the same general principle.

The sink supports the optic fully, so the lens sits on the edge of the sink instead of pressing on the optic. In a small light, with an FET driver running triple emitters, I figured it needed all the heat sinking mass it could get. :wink:

Ok, I grabbed a few pics of mine real quick…

So as you can see here, I didn’t have a piece of copper large enough in diameter at the time to fill the bezel as I would have liked, so I just used a piece of 1”. It supports the lens, gives a lot of mass under the emitters and is glued with thermal adhesive to the shelf, so it works good, but not optimally.