Question on a button top washer

Hi,

I have several of these

And I want them to look like this

Can I just use some 1mm think plastic that I cut out in the needed diameter and punch a hole through to cover the top more safely?
Afterwhich I will use shrinkwrap on the sides.

Or is the above 30Q safe enough for in a TM16GT?

Here I was under the impression quality cells are good as they are, subbed because I really want to know how this thread unfolds.

Are seller’s fitting their own button top to the flat top cell?

I’ve seen a few different type’s, there’s obviously more of the positive terminal exposed but they look fine.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00006IBUZ

Something equivalent should be available any store with an office supplies section.

Quality cell are good as they are but my source dod welded some button tops onto the positive side.

This because that is what I needed for the TM16gt.

Underneath the button top is a flattop with an insulation sticker/washer covering it.

But because he put the button top over the insulation, there is no insulation covering the button top.

And as the the batteries that I once tried to order for the TM16gt had thick insulation covering the button top.

I am now wondering if that thick isloation washer is needed for the high temp the TM16gt is kicking out.

Also with a washer it looks better :smiley:

To me the only reason for the plastic washer is to provide a good anchor for the clear shrink wrap and to hide the edge, it may even hold the button in place.

If you look at a 30Q flat top you can see that the button doesn’t cover any insulation. :slight_smile:

Right but what is the washer made of?

Regular plastic?

I want to replicate those washers can I just use regular hard packaging plastic?

Edit: they are just paper!

link

They’ll probably void any warranty on the batteries. haha