Question: UF-T20 vs UF-1405 ?

I wonder what Kind of numbers a dedomed “torch” XP-E2 would give in a T20.

With the XP-G2 at 4 amps I’m not sure an hard driven XP-E2 would throw any further, probably just end up with a smaller beam. Anyone done it before?

not yet i think i have a de-domed XP-E2 ill try tonight and find out :)

Cool. If you could post a pic of the grip size when it’s zoomed out that would be great too.

Right now I’m thinking I’ll probably eventually get both the T20 and 1405/1504, it just depends which one I get first….

No problem when i get back home ill post some pics

The XP-E2 is limited to only 2.4A .
See this two wonderful threads on the T20 modding : Uniquefire UF-T20 mod: 3.05A xpg2-3C dedomed on Sinkpad
and There is no substantial gain in throw going from dedomed XP-G2 to dedomed XP-E2

The two lights are very different because of the size.

uf T 20 with xpE2 work very well.dedome

on noctogon with 20 mm star and brass pil from fasttech and the east 92 driver

but i find my jax z1 with perfekt dedome xpG2 s2 more nice.

<<<<in

<<<<out

<<<<<Pill section

I’ve seen a comment or two stating that proper alignment with an XPG2 swap was quite the task in the 1504. Are yall finding this to be the case too?

Not if you’re using a 16mm LED board.

Hmm… I’m still not sure I like the 1504

My thoughts exactly, so I bought T20 and I will buy 1504 since it is THAT better (“T20 will be around 115kcd, and the 1405 will be over 330kcd”). I can always sell them for what I paid for or with a little loss.
From this pics it looks to me like it is built for 26650 cell!
nitro, could you maybe take a side by side pic with some known flashlight like C8 or something like that! thanks.

My advice is wait for the Uniquefire UF-1503 to become available somewhere, it is the shorty version of the UF-1406:

-the size is not too bulky, it feels just right

-it does not look ridiculous, like the 1504 (I'm still amazed that the 1405-shorty actually went into production :bigsmile: )

-the potential performance is way better than the UF-T20 (about double the throw, max. ~250kcd on a dedomed high bin XP-G2).

-it takes 18650 batteries (=always preferred IMO)

link: http://uniquefire.en.alibaba.com/product/60174209938-214406304/Uniquefire_UF_1503_high_quality_850nm_IR_uniquefire_illuminator_with_50mm_lens.html

Obviously it is designed for 26650 given the size but it can take 18650 if you use a spacer, like every flashlight.
BTW uniquefire has released an aspheric C8 uf-1505 This product is no longer available.

I had seen that too, it is probably more lightweight than the 1503, with a slightly smaller lens. That sounds like a winner, but why why why did they choose the ugliest light on the planet (=the C8) as the template?????

Aspheric C8 :slight_smile: I like it already, hunters will appreciate this, hope it will offer laser sharp beam :wink:

do you think,there will be a mass production of zoomies or kinds like convoy with mtg2 or xhp?probably one lion isnt enough for any of this two leds.right?

That sounds ultra impressive. Do you have any beam shots outside? I often wonder how useful such lights are.

I have a 3amp XP-G2 domed zoomy and a de-domed XM-L2 Zuesray. The Zuesray pulls a lot more amps, but they throw about the same distance visually. But the big difference is, the beam on the Zuesray is much wider and so much more useful.

I’m sure de-doming the XP-G2 would make it throw a lot further. But in this instance I think it would make it quite a useless beam.

I don’t have any beamshots outside, but I’ll try to take one today in the garage of a dedomed XP-G2 in a T20 and a 1405, and a stock 1405 so people can see what kind of size difference we’re talking about with the hot spot. Maybe I should also include an SK98 for reference?

Edited to add: once you get past a few hundred meters is where the dedomed XP-G2 starts to become more useful than an XM-L2, however defocusing the XP-G2 slightly reduces the advantage of beam size for the XM-L2 at short range. These lights are more than just 2 positions, they’re 2 plus everything in between, not sure why people forget that.

That sounds like great compromise. The full light is currently available for $31.50.

I’m just worried that if I get that one, all i’ll be able to think about is “how much better would the 1504 have been?”