Question: UF-T20 vs UF-1405 ?

In general i don’t like zoomies. All of the ones I have had have just felt very cheap. However, my collection is missing a laser-beam thrower with zero spill.

Question 1:
Is the 1405 a big enough improvement in beam over the T20 to make it worth the extra $10 and extra heft? I normally prefer a smaller light, so the T20 gets points there.

Question 2:

If I do go with the T20, where is a good place to get a quality specimen? I’ve heard that some cheap clones are surfacing with terrible build quality and finish.

Thanks

(Btw, not interested in the 1504 because of the ridiculous grip shape.)

The 1504 is really not that bad, i just got done building mine and the host looks smaller in the pics but to get the smallest beam u have to zoom out and by doing that it make's the host longer

Can you post a pic with it zoomed out?

It’s still much more bulky than the T20

If you really want a tight beam, the 1405 is a big step up from the T20. Put a dedomed XP-G2 in both at 4 amps and the T20 will be around 115kcd, and the 1405 will be over 330kcd.

Hmm sounds very impressive. I wish I had a benchmark of one of my lights so I could imagine what that would look like.

You’re only one state away ya know. :wink:

Haha, actually I’m from Omaha. I’ll be there visiting my parents this weekend.

im getting ready to put my SBT-70 in my other one till i get a copper sink made can u say pencil beam ;)

I’m in Lincoln, perhaps we could meet somewhere in between and play with some flashlights.

That would be cool, but this trip will be quick enough as it is. I don’t think I could get away.

Nitro, I wish i could afford an SBT70, maybe one day…. :heart_eyes:

I wonder what Kind of numbers a dedomed “torch” XP-E2 would give in a T20.

With the XP-G2 at 4 amps I’m not sure an hard driven XP-E2 would throw any further, probably just end up with a smaller beam. Anyone done it before?

not yet i think i have a de-domed XP-E2 ill try tonight and find out :)

Cool. If you could post a pic of the grip size when it’s zoomed out that would be great too.

Right now I’m thinking I’ll probably eventually get both the T20 and 1405/1504, it just depends which one I get first….

No problem when i get back home ill post some pics

The XP-E2 is limited to only 2.4A .
See this two wonderful threads on the T20 modding : Uniquefire UF-T20 mod: 3.05A xpg2-3C dedomed on Sinkpad
and There is no substantial gain in throw going from dedomed XP-G2 to dedomed XP-E2

The two lights are very different because of the size.

uf T 20 with xpE2 work very well.dedome

on noctogon with 20 mm star and brass pil from fasttech and the east 92 driver

but i find my jax z1 with perfekt dedome xpG2 s2 more nice.

<<<<in

<<<<out

<<<<<Pill section

I’ve seen a comment or two stating that proper alignment with an XPG2 swap was quite the task in the 1504. Are yall finding this to be the case too?

Not if you’re using a 16mm LED board.