Questions about 18350 batteries

Hello everyone!

I’m considering a Wuben X0. It uses a replaceable 18350 battery.
I’ve read the 18350 has been around since early 2000s (?)

My questions:

1-How common/easy to find are 18350s?
2-Is there a risk of them being discontinued or are they here to stay like, say the AA and AAA? So will I end up with a flashlight for which I risk not finding replacement batteries in the future or is it safe to assume the 18350 will still be there for as long as the flashlight is alive?

Thank you in advance.

18350’s are very easy to obtain, and I don’t see them going anywhere either. It should be a safe choice going with an 18350 light :slight_smile:

If you live in europe, I would recommend using NKON to get batteries. If a light already comes with a battery, or you don’t spesifically need a new battery, you don’t need to buy extra batteries. If you do need to replace one though, use NKON. Here is the highest capasity 18350 commercially avalible (that I know of): Vapcell F14 INR18350 1400mAh - 3A - 18350 & 18500 - Li-ion - Rechargeable batteries | NKON. Mind that it doesn’t put out that much power, only 3 amps, and according to 1lumen, the light draws 3.1 amps in the highest mode. If you know you’re going to be using turbo a lot, get a different battery. If you’re going to be using lower modes, it’s a nice option.

3 Thanks

Absolutely no risk of it becoming discontinued.

2 Thanks

Thank you @zoulas and @LightThrower
I’ve seen NKON mentioned here on BLF, will check them out. Are they registered in the VAT registery though? If they’re not, then I’ll have to pay import taxes and processing fees when I receive items I ordered from them.

Yeah, tried to use their website version where VAT is included in the prices and they can’t ship to where I live. They do ship from the non-VAT website but then I have to pay 58,53€ for just 1 battery!!! I’ll get batteries through Ali Express Vapcell store where it only costs 19,66€ for 2 batteries including shipping and taxes.

A right angle 18350 is a good choice for many reasons. But why that XO over some of the other choices out there I don’t understand. The skilhunt ho4 mini is available with more LED choices. It has a 2 way clip that you can rotate so if you clip it on to something you can still aim the light where you want it. It comes with the headband so you can strap it on your head if need be. I don’t have one but if the beam was just a tiny bit wider I’d be tempted in 3000k hi cri.

I got a few flashlights on the way: a Manker E02 II with SST20 in cool white, a brass Wurkkos TS10 3000K with orange aux, a Convoy S2+ with a 519A 4000K and a copper Acebeam Pokelit AA with a 519A. I have a Lumintop silver fox (new version) that I use exclusively on low so that I don’t mess up my circadian rhythms too much whenever I need to use the bathroom at night.

I have no use for a head strap. I have a cheap 3xAAA headlamp that covers my needs. And I don’t like the proprietary magnetic charging.

The Wuben X0 looks fun, it looks different from other right angle flashlights on the market. It’s a very original design. It is just like a nice “collectible”, at least for me. I like the flap button/charging port cover that doubles as a fidgeting tool. I’m considering getting it in brass.

It shouldn’t be very complicated to understand that people have different tastes and needs and might not have the same use for a flashlight than you do.

Also, note that, in my original post, I asked for opinions and info about the 18350 battery, not the flashlight :wink:

2 Thanks

I Will most likely use the X0 on moonlight, low and maybe medium. I don’t need turbo, so, the F14 battery should be fine for my use.

1 Thank

1-How common/easy to find are 18350s? very common and very easy.
2-Is there a risk of them being discontinued or are they here to stay…
here to stay but there is ALWAYS a non-zero risk since technology advances.

1 Thank