Questions About ThorFire Deals/Products

As it sells not very well and we now have its brother flashlight TG06, So… TG05 discontinued.

I still want a few more VG10s like the one I got…

Damned shame if people want them but none are available.

Like, seriously, are they discontinued or something? I’m still looking, can’t really find any.

Thorfire, do you have TG06 wth NW tint?

I have 2 TG06, both have CW tints.

Thanks

They have been in stock on Amazon for a while, current price is $14.00.

When in doubt, clear your cache. (Gawd, how I hate Firefox sometimes… well, most times.)

And so they are!

Can’t figure out, though, what changed. Mine goes from low to high, but the ad and some reviews say high to low. ?!?

Moonlight/low/mid/high is perfect, and what I got. Don’t want to chance getting one that goes high/mid/low/moonlight (ie, ruin your night-vision before going to moonlight).

Had I been sure it’d go low to high, I would’ve gotten a bunch more when I had the chance. Anyone know for sure what the current crop does?

Since there were no objections, sounds like it’s time for an official groupbuy. :beer:

Anyone is welcome to join:

Looks like Thorfire agreed to a VG-10 flashlight Groupbuy

I believe there is also plenty of interest for other TF products:

- C8s flashlight

- host only VG-10

• host TG-06
    …etc

The only caveat is that I’d like it to be exactly as the one I got:

• forward clicky

• moonlight, low, medium, high

• same exact driver to make point 2 happen (order, levels, memory, etc.)

I could live with CW, ’though absolutely I’d prefer 4200K-5000K, which’d make the VG10 my Perfect Light™. Much much much less essential than the bulleted points above.

Pointed out elsewhere that I’ve seen blurbs and reviews (eg, amazon) where the order was h/m/l/f, and in that case, I wouldn’t be interested at all. Strobe or any blinkies, even “hidden”, and instant dealbreaker.

Also really like the non-recessed switch (ie, won’t really tailstand). I can do without tailstanding, as having the slightly-protruding switch makes it a much better tactical flash’n’dash light. Easier to momentarily flick on with gloves, too.

So basically, other than CT/tint (minor quibble at that), it’s really the only perfect light I ever got off-the-rack, without having to modify the crap out of it (or live with endlessly-grating annoyances).

Now we don’t have TG06 with NW tint, but in the near future we will have more options and upgraded version, according to customer experience and comment.

On VG10 listing and manual, it says the brightness level in the order of High-Mid-Low-Moonlight.

My VG10 arrived yesterday, and it has the four modes, no blinkies.

That’s what it says, and that’s exactly what kept me from ordering, like, 10 of them, back when I had the chance. Well, at least a few more.

But mine definitely goes moonlight/low/mid/high. I can take a video of it doing just that. And that’s the kind I’d definitely want more of. If high-to-low, not interested.

So how can I be sure of what’d be offered in any group-buy?

Good point What recourse do you have usually with a groupbuy? Is there a standard policy in place?

I checked the manual and it says ML-L-M-H so don’t agree on that with Thorfire.

Maybe we should keep this conversation in the proper category for the groupbuy so we have it recorded.
And if you have the manual or any specs you want Thorfire to be obliged to please post them as well.

It looks really neat. I would be interested as well in a few of them. what was the price before it went AWOL?

By the way what in the world are these product pics supposed to demonstrate in their Amz store?

Umm, I think you mean you agree with me. :smiley:

Ads and reviews say high-to-low (boooo).

Mine’s low-to-high (yay).

TF just “confirmed” per the listing/manual that it’s high-to-low (booooo).

If ordered through Amazon, if it says high-to-low, you’re “assured” off-channel that it’s low-to-high, buy it, and it’s wrong, you might be SOL. If it’s advertised as low-to-high as you want it, but it arrives high-to-low, you can return it penalty-free with their “a to z” guarantee, as it doesn’t match the description.

No idea if it’s done through a group-buy what recourse there’d be.

Ha! Saw your edit…

That if you had a TG05 light, you wouldn’t be left hanging like that.

LOL that is funny, what was the pricing on the TG05 before it was discontinues?
Hope we can bring it back.

Don’t recall offhand.

Yeah, looked like a nice light. I’d def be tempted.

Yes, saw my typo and edited that, I totally agree with you. The instruction manual and Amazon listing says clearly that it goes from “Moonlight/Low/Mid/High from 0.5 - 847LM ”
I guess they changed it and didn’t “TF” know.

Meanwhile I looked at some reviews and now I see why is it so confusing there seems to be 2-3 different versions of VG-10 over the years. 2 with H-M-L-ML and the one you have and advertised on Amzn is ML-L-M-H

Looks like you have the “newest-newer” model and all of the reviews are discussing the ” older or the other newer” version with H/M/L/ML.

Anyways, in the groupbuy thread, I specified the modes so we can be clear on what we are interested in. I don’t remember anyone preferring the H/M/L.

In HML, you start in high, and only if it’s just way too bright do you back it down, so tend to use a higher mode than necessary. And after already being blinded and your night-vision ruined, you now “need” a brighter mode.

In LMH, you start in low and only if you need/want more light do you kick it up a notch, so you tend to use the “just right” brightness level.

So yeah, my natural dislike for HML seems to be what lots of people agree with me in preferring LMH, but unfortunately, all too many lights still get sold as HML.

Hi Guys,

ThorFire group buy thread was created: ThorFire Official Deals- Save 45% on 500 Lumen TG06S flashlight($9.89), 6th Dec 2018 Updated
ThorFire VG10 is included. More items will follow on.
With regards to what will be included in the GB/what aspects ThorFire products need to improve, here we still would like to hear your comments and suggestion.

BTW, Lightning deals on VG15 flashlight is coming. Deal information will be posted on ThorFire Deals later on.