questions for experienced aliexpress buyers

i have never ordered from aliexpress b4. i have my eyes on this pen

is it safe to use credit card on this site? i usually use paypal, but not an option on this site.

does this seller seem legit?

I bought over 30 items from Aliexpress before, its pretty safe to use credit card to make payment.

They also have buyer protection. So far I do not face any problem whatsoever.

They do take Paypal, just need to email them & ask. They cannot tell at large saying they take Paypal, its against Aliexpress policy.

Hope it helps.

By the way, nice fine on the tactical pen :bigsmile:

Bought over 100 items and never had a problem using my credit card. Go for it :slight_smile:

So far so good. Reasonably fast shipping with valid tracking code which update rather frequently.
However, one has to stay vigilant against scammers.

Bought over a dozen items on credit card with no problems.

I posted on this subject recently here.

Using your card is not something to be afraid of, in some ways it is better than Paypal. However their dispute process is different, something else I am experiencing right now. More info posted here.

We should think about perhaps some way to share info on good sellers in a central place.

buying for ~3 years… no problems with credit cards. but sometimes seller ships different item, different size, color, sometimes broken. but in that case I always get my money back via dispute process… my advice - always make unboxing videos :wink:

Great tips for unboxing video!

I have only bought eight times from Ali Express from different sellers - my SRK, X-100, S8, third hand, lux meter, 10 Sanyo batteries, copper heat sinks and assorted stars - and all transactions went smoothly. It takes about three weeks (average) for my items to arrive to my place. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the link to that pen, Prometheus.
I have used Aliexpress 3 or 4 times before & didn’t have any real problems.
Will update my progress with this order either when it ships or when I get it.

alright, thanks guys.
order placed.

My latest Ali Express ‘Campaign’ is trying to get the sellers to ship via China Post ePacket to Canada. I know it’s possible because I’ve had some of the sellers use it. I’m starting to suspect that the others that are using frieght forwarders are being told by the Forwarder it is not available. Last night a seller that I dealt with previously told me they can only do it for USA bound packages, so I sent them a note back with a picture of a China Post ePacket label that we just received. As Fasttech just added that service in the last few weeks, I suspect most of them do not know it’s available unless they do their own shipping.

Good point on the unboxing video, been meaning to do it for awhile, this is a good reminder to start from now on. Also going to do it when I am sending items as well.