Rating: Dinodirect.com

One of the things I have always loved about BLF is that people can feel free to worry about that last cent without feeling like they are being judged or made to feel self conscious about it. It's what we do.

We looking into this. Sorry for any inconveniences we caused you. Let’s all just concentrate on Group Buy now.

LOL yes focus on the next group buy. I'll play.

Just a thought - Perhaps we should have a simple three tier rating system. Personally I would put DD in the second tier. Not a top tier supplier, not a total avoid, more a good on occasions dreadful on others supplier.

Another thought is that we should perhaps have a list for ebay suppliers too. There are some that I would rank as very trustworthy and reliable.

Haha, you sound exactly like them.

I think focal price and Cnqualitygood are creating way more threads than DD for their promotions. But it's your site, i respect your decision.

DD pays people to create new threads with gift cards.

Rumor?

Fact

Really? please share where did you get the info from? WE all would love to know !!

I think that's a great idea. The thing about DD is that you need to be somewhat savvy to shop there or you may very well regret it. They are like DX, in the way that their shop is set up in a "everything but the kitchen sink" kind of way (and I wouldn't even be surprised if they started selling those), but they are exactly the opposite, in how you're supposed to use them.

I could, in good conscience, recommend DX to someone who knows what ordering from HK entails. There may be issues and there are definitely hoops to jump through, but in all those years, I have never seen them do anything outright evil. There is a way you need to do things with DX if you want to get anywhere and in that sense, they are not for everyone: you have to know what you're doing and how things work, but if you play by their rules, things will most likely work out. They may not always have the best price but at least you won't purposely scam you. Would I recommend DX to my mother? Hell, no. Would I recommend DX to a savvy friend who knows what he's getting into and who can ask for help? Yes, I would.

DD on the other hand is more like the Wild West. You need to know your way around and you may need to watch your back but if you do, you will sometimes rewarded by prices you won't find anywhere else.

I would liken it to flying a plane: ordering from Amazon is like booking a commercial flight. Somewhat expensive, but you know there are people who are being paid to take care of you. You just sit back, enjoy your in-flight entertainment and let the pros handle it. Ordering from DX is like flying in an ancient Cessna piloted by a dude named Sparky, who reeks of Old Spice and Jim Beam. He may seem suspect but he knows what he's doing and he's probably been flying since before you were born. This is what he does and he'll get you there in one piece. Ordering from DD is like flying yourself. In some cases, you may even get the plane in kit form. With instructions in Cyrillic. Or parts missing. It's not for everyone and you may burn and crash. But if that's your thing, the whole bargain hunting thing may even turn out to be fun. Just don't go there and expect everything you see to be true. My experience with them has been surprisingly good so far. Knock on wood.

Yup, that's true. I think it was the first group buy (UF-H2, Vol. 1) when they offered $8 gift cards to post review threads on here. Things got a bit out of hand and for a while, the front page was nothing but DD threads. Well, maybe it wasn't that bad, but they were asked to knock it off. And rightly so, IMHO. Rewarding people for posting a review is fine, as far as I am concerned. Whether it's a gift card, a review sample or something else, I don't really care, as long as there's full disclosure. But there's obviously a fine line between paying for reviews and asking people to spam.

Love your flying plane theory! Couldn't say any better than that.

Sorry I'm just a newbie here in this site and wasn't aware of DD paying people for review.

Oxy nailed it. I have been doing really well with DD but I respect the limitations.

UniqueFire UF-2100 3 mode , got it from DD in less than 10 days to Scandinavia. quite fast.

What? How do I get in on the action? J/K

I got the UF-H3B from the group buy. Took longer than expected to get here. The light is nice and quality is very good. My fear that protected 18650 won't fit vanished when I put a TF protected flame in it and screwed all the way in to the tailcap. This is my first order from DD and I'm very satisfied.

I wouldn't take a free light if Dino gave me one. And even if I did which I won't, they would somehow screw the order up.

Thats a little harsh, DD only screw up 50% of my orders and i always get compensation back from them anyway.

Well ok 50% right makes them a 5 star company. You can't beat that.

I never said they were perfect. But i think they at least try to help customers if they can understand the problem. Everytime they mess up something for example I bought a $10 product and they mess it up, They will offer me a $12 giftcard. I am happy with that because they give me back a little more for the trouble.