Rating: Dinodirect.com

I got e-mail for both lights that they have been shipped out. Thanks Summer for the gb. The waiting begin.

the system might not update timely. we will keep you infromed through email if we send the items out.

I had some reservations about their CS given the feedback here, and I was a bit hesitant to use to when I had some trouble with a laser (at first worked, then a bit intermittent, then dead). But I used their chat which referred me to email them with description of problem and pictures, which I did (cs-center@, showing low current draw, no dot, etc). I also opened a case on their site. I offered to ship it back (since it work when I got it, so ostensibly it's not their fault) if they could cross ship the exchange. They offered instead to provide a gift certificate for full amount to repurchase. It's worth noting they don't know who I am, nor did I ever refer to this site/thread.

That's seriously better service than I've ever received from any of the other sites like DX or KD or MF, who you'd just expect to argue forever and only get a pittance offer in return (I don't even bother with them when I have a problem anymore).

I was then actually curious who's behind DD since this is out of sorts w/ the usual experience and it appears they've gotten at least two rounds of private venture capital in the 8 figures and probably similar revenue numbers. It's no Amazon, but they might be going places if they can just get their act together on some of the minor issues we've seen here.

ordered Trustfire S-A2 Cree XPG R5 3 mode AA/14500

I got a Trustfire S-A2 xp-c ? 3 mode

Cost $16

Ordered Aug 6

Sent Aug 18. After involvement from semur/ summer where I stated I only want it if it is XPG

Delivered Aug 30

The light works!!!!!! with aa eneloop. I am not game yet to try it with a 14500.

The light was packaged in a box along with a pamphlet and some red thing.

This light costs less at DX.

Overall impression: Poor and I won't order from their site again as I did not get what I paid for.

They may be okay with the group buys but their website sucks and it is a scam in my opinion to wrongly describe the led a light has.

Here is the link http://www.dinodirect.com/led-flashlight-trustfire-s-a2-cree-xp-g-r5-3-mode-200lumens-currency-AUD.html

the three modes are high, low,strobe. the strobe is very fast

dx link to what I was sent http://www.dealextreme.com/p/trustfire-s-a2-cree-xpc-wc-q5-3-mode-230-lumen-led-flashlight-1-aa-1-14500-36358

Hmm.. the photo clearly shows a XP-C but you thought it was going to get bigger when you receive it?

I already mentioned this, but all of the "B2C" places literally just copy paste the "specs" from their sources. They're not really "storekeepers" who handwrite and verify each one, only handle the business side of it. I mean, anyone really think all those Xr-e's are Q5's or Xp-g's R5's?

I use the same method when buying from any of them: expect some exaggeration, and verify using the pics plus secondary info if it's important.

However, that said, DD should try to correct the info when it's pointed out.

I didn't actually see the photo of the led. I see now you have to scroll across. If I had seen the photo I would not have purchased it. I did ask specifically if it was xp-g. I won't be taking it any further and won't be buying from them again.

Yeah, if you were specifically told it's an xp-g, then IMO should have some recourse should you choose to take it. You can try their CS center (they have option for "item not as described"), it seemed to go ok for me.

Hi guys

I'm new to this forum.

I have had some experience with DinoDirect. I placed serveral orders so far, every order has been fullfilled (mostly) or refunded.

For my orders they generally take 1.5 to 2 weeks to arrive. Or 3 weeks for regular delivery.

So far I've gotten all the items promised in my orders apart from ones that have been out of stock. Since I am an "Idinor" member i get the live chat feature, it works pretty well for me apart from the slowish responses from the operator (30 secs). I end up getting a giftcard for the items i did not recieve (because i chose so).

Right now i have about 3 orders that I am waiting for and about to place another one. One of my friends that I have ordered items for off here is very happy with his products (torches, lighters, gloves). I am also quite happy about the things I got including a number of torches, apart from that $1 that was machined horribly. One small keychain flashlight/laser that I got was the wrong colour but I'm not too fussed about that.

Maybe you just gotta pay for that Idinor VIP membership thing and they'll proceed with your order properly.

Right now I'm waiting for 2 ultrafire 501b camouflage flashlights, one forest green, one blue and white. A third torch I got was a desert yellow 501b body and a seperate UV LED module to fit. I also got a pressure switch to fit the 501b s. For some reason I also got some flashlight holsters/pouches to protect my precious flashlights. :P

In my opinion the prices from Dinodirect are quite good, I've compare with other sites like DealExtreme (which happen to sell fake ultrafire flashlights). If you know of a better site please tell me. ;D

The server of the site is kinda dodgy, the order statuses sometimes don't update on the website so go by the emails you receive from them.

My dislike is that it sometimes doesn't say when a product is out of stock and when I receive the package after ordering it I find it missing from my order and having to contact them to get a refund or something.

In other news I think I pissed off my local postman from the amount of packages he's had to deliver and still has to. :)

From what I've heard the SSC P7 and CREE MC-E camo torches I'm waiting for are enough to light up a small room when pointed at the ceiling. ;D

I've only just started collecting torches but I'm slowly building my collection. My biggest and brightest torch so far is a Palight BG-004 HID flashlight. I got this off Dinodirect for about $120.

**EDIT**

Yeh Dinodirect's product descriptions are pretty poor. You gotta do your research before you buy stuff. The product descriptions do look copy and pasted.

I believe that Trustfire is a rip off of Ultrafire which is a company copying surefire's name. I trust ultrafire though, look out for ultrafire fakes.

**RE-EDIT**

I payed my orders through PayPal by the way. Might make a difference.

Dinodirect have recently started this "free trial" thing where you apply for an item from their selection of products and if you are lucky you will get one and in return you write a review for them. So far I have gotten a small R/C helicopter, a 5mp camcorder and an Ultrafire 501A CREE R5 flashlight with 2 batteries and charger.

Any response from DinoDirect about this? This is still a big NO NO. Seriously awful business practices, guys.

Well, we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience on some mistakes on the review of our products in our store. We got some reviews from our suppliers, and those reviews are also the real feedback from their customers. We are preparing a product wiki now, and you will see the real reviews from our customers with the picture of what they get in the following months. If there are some members bought this product or some other products, your fair and unbiased review about it are welcomed, we will show them in our newly product wiki.

I request that you correct the description of the trustfire s-a2 xpg r5 to what it really is and any other incorrect description's. I do not believe the reviews are real reviews for those lights. They are probably real reviews for better lights. Until you post real reviews and real descriptions the "AVOID" status is valid.

I bought some lights and batteries at DD and I only had minus problems and when I contact Summer or CS they always find a solution for them. No problems at all to but from them.

to BUY from them

WE did get some reviews from our suppliers, and the reviews are real from their former customers. We are updating to get more fair and unbiased reviews with a picture from our customers, you will see it soon. For the description, we are trying to make it more professional and natural for the customers to understand. If there is any other mistakes in the description, please just feel free to let me know, then we will change it soon. Thanks

probably not xpg. Can't be sure but the led looks too small.

second review mentions how its takes 4 aa's. Dont think so. Fake.

Its your job to fix your descriptions not mine to go through your site and check them all. Its fraud to have wrong descriptions and fake reviews.

That's a XPG. I can tell from some of the pixel and seeing quite a few xpg's in my time.

How do I log out of my DD account?

There is no Log out button

I looked at DD today and was checking out the ITP A3 (standard). They say that it normally costs around $76 but for the next 2 hours you can get it for $37. Of course you can get it directly from ITP for $19.

They also show a picture with the caption that the user can adjust the brightness as needed which is not true as the A3 standard is one mode.

There is nothing honest or straightforward about this site. Now we can get a coupon for $1.99 or for 5% off. Big deal. Those probably don't work when you try to use them either like the $5 coupon they give you for signing up.

Its still not updated.

I have also requested real photo's of leds but this has not occurred. Buyer beware!

I also made some purchases from them, no only flashlight related products. But, the problem is about their honesty. I didn't demand anything beyond my orders, but:

1) They sent me a 5$ giftcard with one of my orders writing " you can use this card in every order ". But, when i tried it was not usable. i contacted everybody from Dinodirect(DD) including Summer but, no body couldn't explain anything. Only they asking questions and questions. Then they sent another 5$ giftcard with latest UF-2100 order writing on " you can use this card with every order OVER 50$ " :) . I think this was their correction.

2) Again, after an unusable 5$ cash coupon problem they solved problem by giving me a 5$ gift card. Then a guy named Jerry told me that i have an opurtinity to earn 10$ giftcard if i write a positive review explain their solution about this experiance on resellerratings.com. Know what, after 2 months of this review no gift card and Jerry doesn't responce me anymore. I tried also Summer but she says, its not my department, please contact others.

From here i would like to say to DD: If you want to be a trusted seller like DX, MF etc. you shouldn't give promises that you won't keep. So, i don't trust you anymore...

I have a few gift cards but they are NOT gift cards. To use a giftcard you need a password. They can be used as a coupon but then you cant use other coupons. I know they are okay with the group buys but that does not excuse their site.