Rating: GearBest.com [AVOID]

IMHO the big issue with overseas etailers is that customers have no leverage.

eBay is the perfect example how both sides of the business (buyer / seller) have leverage to reach their goals; feedback, buyer rating and DSR. There is simply no way a buyer who never pays or a seller who frequently messes orders/shipments up would survive on the platform. They get weeded out.

When we buy at GearBest (or anywhere else) we pay up and have almost no way to get our money back if anything goes wrong. I don’t believe you can dispute an unlimited amount of purchases on PP outside of auctions (I don’t know it though).

It is also strange that I can buy many of the items for a similar price on eBay and the item arrives quicker and with tracking ID. Why is this so difficult for the other overseas etailers to manage? They must have different wholesale contracts for logistics…

Well, I hope it gets resolved.

Same here, solid state storage has become so cheap that I will neither save money when buying from China nor will I have peace of mind knowing that there are so many fakes out there.

They could have as well included lizard people and the white house in their user agreement, as a customer, I could not care less, that might work in China when paying in cash, but that doesnt work when EU citizen buys and pays with Paypal or credit card online from their home country ;)!

If that wouldnt be the case, Paypal would never side with any of buyers claims according to sellers policy. I believe that when seller enters in business relations with Paypal, it is SELLER who has to ACCEPT PAYPALS rules and if I pay with Paypal, then seller MUST oblige to those rules instead of trying to avoid them at all costs.

They are risking to be penalised by Paypal, I presume?

That policy stinks - You will give us your money, we will tell you that we have shipped your order but as soon as this order leaves our hands its you soles responsibility as a buyer to receive! <- yeah, right, Im gonna hitch a ride to China and pick up my order myself, that would be 100% according to policy otherwise I would have no rights to expect my order to arrive :D!

Anyway, I had two Paypal cases opened because didnt want to go through all this GB BS policy back-and-forth messaging after their CSgearbest answered my PM with regular "check our store policy link here, thanks!" message. One of them was refunded at the expense of seller, the other was covered by Paypal, its odd, because both cases were identical and thus Paypal should have swallowed both expenses! Still waiting for refund to my credit card for one of the cases though!

Regardless, I love their flash sales, prices, point system and reponsiveness here on this forum :D!

Really? Wow…. How many people do read anything besides product description or anything related to the item you’re buying online? I bet you anything 97% of people don’t read Terms and Conditions. Vary few do. Even if I did read it, it was a premonition from Gizmo.com, as a matter of fact, Gizmo.com were promoting that ad saying how cheap it is and we should buy it before it’s all gone. That was my 1st mistake, I was stupid for actually listening.

So, after a long and frustrating journey with your company, I must conclude. The lack of response to this ticket ultimately implies that if I have a problem with your product I will receive no support and have to pay a lot of money to return the item to you.

I will find another supplier that I may have to pay more for the product, but the price will include good customer service, reasonable terms, good communication and responsibility.

I am leaving this ticket open for you to close, because this is better than me closing this with a zero rating, and it is the rating that is more important than service is to your company.

Hi Guys,
Recently really sorry bring you so much trouble because of the long time processing orders and lost orders, after some communicating, feedback and survey, it’s time to send you the suggestions and explain

1.For long time processing orders

When you find your order is long time processing, please go back to check GearBest product page to see the dispatch time or see if there is special statement about the stocking time

If no special statement, it usually will take about 3-5 business days ( Business days is not including weekends and public holidays, sometimes it may take 5-10 business days because of some special cases )

Recently some flashlights delay to a long time to ship because the delay of the supplier and manufacturer, beg all of your kindly understanding, we can’t control some things like that, we just want to make more members to get the amazing price

( in fact some products is planning to stop producing, but because of the huge orders needing, the manufacturer decide to produce extra )

2.About the lost orders

(1)I suggest the buyers wait for 45-90 days from the shipping date, as I have met some buyers to get the package after 80 days ( if you want the delivery time shorter, suggest you update your shipping method )

The delivery time effected by many factors,such as policy, weather, war etc, which we can’t control

(2) if your order doesn’t include a tracking number ( over $40 order will get a free tracking ), suggest you buy a tracking number at least, if including a insurance, it will be better ; if you have a larger order, I strongly suggest you buy the insurance

(3)if one buyer has many lost orders without tracking number, according to the refund record, our system will add the buyer to a special list , the listed buyers’ no tracking number order can’t be shipped in the future

( as some buyers abuse the no tracking orders to get the refund )

(4)about the shipping method, if you choose the Flat Rate Shipping - Auto(Free), then the shipping method is decided by our system according to the order’s amount, order’s profit and the order’s destination etc

3. Really sorry recently bring some customer an unpleasant experience, if you need any help, please be free to contact our Support Center ( http://support.gearbest.com/ ) or CSgearbest in BLF ( http://budgetlightforum.com/messages/new/12006?destination=user%2F12006 , if you don’t get a satisfied solution from our Support Center, suggest you contact our csgearbest in BLF )

In order to keep the BLF Clean and make Gearbest know your problem quickly, suggest the customer to send your problem to CSgearbest in BLF or post at these two places
(1)GearBest shipping issues survey in BLF GearBest shipping issues survey in BLF
(2)Rating: Gearbest.com Rating: GearBest.com [AVOID]

we are deleting some posts so as not to put a fellow vendor in a bad situation, which was not our intention in the first place…so please kindly accept our sincerest apologies.

Thank you for making this statement. a good chunk of my orders came through well after 85 days. While I was not urgently waiting for them (only small items, nothing my life would depend on) I simply don’t understand why all of this happened.

the GB items I bought a few weeks ago showed up in less than three weeks! so whatever was broken before is now working again?

Anyway, thanks for the summary.

Thanks for clearing some things out. What are your opinion on using other shipper than chinapost for the free shipping? Many of the complaints have been on shipments with china post.

Kind regards

Thanks for your order updating to, as the delivery time is effected by many factors, so some times some order may take a longger time to deliver, and beg your understanding, we can’t control things like that

about the shipping method, if you choose the Flat Rate Shipping – Auto(Free), then the shipping method is decided by our system according to the order’s amount, order’s profit and the order’s destination etc, if anyone really mind waiting, I suggest update the shipping method or pay a tracking number, according to my experience, tracking number order sometimes is more quickly than the orders without tracking number

Yes, I know that is how your system works but if using unregistered china post causing alot of problem for your customers you maybe could take into consideration to provide an alternative for free shipping, for example NL-post, Swedish Post Nord, Sing-post or similar.
Just a suggestion, take it or leave it

Kind regards

GearBest rating: 2/10
HKequip rating: 10/10
BangGood rating: 10/10
FastTech rating 10/10

GearBest are slow, they lie, they cheat, and they sell fakes. Avoid GearBest at all costs.

Hi gearbest,

I had one order in the August black hole. Gearbest offered to reship and I already received part of it (quantity for one item was short but the Gearbest ticket for this is proceeding ok.)
Since then I only do tracked shipping.

However, a recent >40$ order was shipped in two parts, each at value less than $40 and neither with tracking. Since the order total was more than $40, ‘free’ tracking was already included and it was not possible to pay for tracking. The system is confusing orders and shipments. Bug in the system? I even created a ticket after the first shipment went out without tracking, requesting that at least the second shipment gets tracking. CS could not, or did not want to, understand what I was asking.

how can i tell if the nitecore hc30's headlamps are real?

Hi DEL,
We are sorry to hear that.
Could you please PM me your order number? I will check and solve it for you.
We wish to apologize for any inconvenience this may caused and hope to hear from you.
Best Regards
Gearbest Customer Service
http://www.gearbest.com/

Hi bugsy, I noticed that you are new comer BLF too ( joined in BLF 08/20/2015 , maybe when you stay here long, you will know more about these stores, really sorry if we have bring you any trouble, and GearBest respect your choice to buy products from any store

ps: for the wrong batch lights, it’s just accidents, we have refund or resend as a apology

Hi Ormbett, Thanks for your suggestions, we will send this feedback to our company, our company will decide it depends on comprehensive consideration

I'm sure bugsy can defend himself, but aren't you, GearBest, being rather condescending?

So what if bugsy has only been on BLF for about three months?

Who are you to undermine his online shopping experiences?

Which company has about half a dozen large threads devoted to how crappy they are?

That's right...

It's GearBest. :|

Anyways, now I'll speak a little about my experiences.

I've been on BLF for five years, and I've had more than my fair share of trouble with GearBest.

I haven't had hardly any trouble with BangGood, FastTech, eBay, or Amazon.

It's always just GearBest.

And I am officially sick of it.

So I'm going to try to avoid GearBest as well.

EDIT: GearBest rating: 2/10 seems pretty generous to me. ;)

WOW I can’t believe that you use this as an argument !
You offered me to send me a GIFT if I rate you on this site with a GOOD review !
You are buying all this good ratings and want to use them as a proof of your reliability ? LOL !
Everyone should be aware of this, Gearbest is buying good reviews from their customers with free gifts !

9.39 / 10
4,314 reviews

4,000+ happy customers on resellerratings.com

If what you say is true, seems like money can buy everything.