Rating: GearBest.com [AVOID]

GearBest - if you made some attempts to fix the false statements in your products listings, I'd feel better - but I see no evidence of it after I repeatedly pointed them out to you. Instead of fixing these problems, you choose to use propaganda instead, and you choose not to post product reviews you decide are negative. Intentional false advertising is lying and cheating - I don't know what else it could be called.

+1 to bugsy's ratings. Count me in in this - you can't blame my short term BLF membership Wink.

Example: http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_193397.html, listing:

Lens: Toughened Ultra-clear Glass Lens with Anti-reflective Coating

This is a $10 light with a plastic convex lens... Wut?? Not to mention the standard outrageous claim of lumens - 800...

Hi Tom E, I remember you, do you mean this light, we have changed the description, please check, http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_194280.html

gearbest,
The size of your signature is way to big and to me is just an unpaid advert, this alone is enough for me to avoid all of your posts and shop.

Cheers David

Well so far I am very happy with gearbest, I am not among 4,000+ happy customers on resellerratings.com but if they send me some gift I would happily write a review for them on any website :wink:

I love their prices and deals.

I can wait olight s15r for 18 bucks for 3 months, no problem for me.

Since more than half of the world’s population over 3.5 billion people live on less than $2 a day we cant expect everybody on the world have the same expectations.

Keep good deals and prices coming gearbest. :heart_eyes:

Yes! That was just one I reported on, but there were others. There were also rejected reviews I wrote that were honest and polite but truthful. At the time I communicated with GearBest, they told me they were too busy to make those corrections - too many products, too many things to verify, etc. That light you referenced I purchased, and based on a positive posted review here on BLF. But it turned out the product description was all fabricated. I'm glad you finally corrected the listing, but you have more work to do. I'm very glad to hear though you are making attempts now to correct things - that's all I wanted.

How about the ticket I opened on this light: http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_44314.html. Ticket #T55053214531. I said you listed it as a SS bezel when in fact it's aluminum, and you (CS) never answered the issue in the ticket replies, and you never corrected it in the product listing.

What happened there? From the pictures, it's hard to tell whether it's aluminum or SS, but your support person never ever would answer to the Stainless Steel bezel issue in the ticket communication. You refunded me $2 on the light, but still failed to correct the listing, which is all I was asking for.

I wouldn’t believe it till its in your hands, they offered me a full refund on a missing order October 28th and I still don’t have it.

That is a different light. If Tom E bought the light in his link and it has a plastic lens, why hasn’t it been changed?
This listing http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_193183.html has been pointed out many times that it isn’t neutral white and has a lattice bright led, it’s still advertised as having a neutral white Cree XPE - Q5.

Edit: They claim they copy the specifications the manufacturers give them. I find it hard to believe Simon (a well respected member) would lie about specs when selling his red and blue convoys to Gearbest. He doesn’t lie about them in his Aliexpress store. Blue S2+ flashlight, for guys, for your bro!

Hi cavesprings,
please have a look for our product’s title, our title describs the colour temperature is 5500k, and Neutral White’s colour temperature range is from 4500k-6500k ( different merchants may have a little difference ) , so it may be cooler than some of your 4000-4500k Neutral White’s light

This is not CREE, it is a “genuine” LatticeBright led.

Merchants don't define color tints - that's kind of odd, to say the least. The commonly accepted definition is this:

"Manufacturers produce white LEDs with outputs classed as “warm white” (2600 to 3700 K CCT), “neutral white” (3700 to 5000 K CCT) and “cool white” (5000-to-8300 K)."

Quoted from an article copied from Electronic Products by DigiKey here: http://www.digikey.com/en/articles/techzone/2013/apr/defining-the-color-characteristics-of-white-leds, another article stating over 5000K is cool white: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_temperature.

3C and 3D CREE tints are considered the top end of neutral, so 3A and 3B's are considered cool white.

5500K is considered cool white pretty much everywhere by the manufacturers - a retailer just can't make stuff up... Well, they can Undecided.

Due to the multiple serious reports of unscrupulous business practices, I just gave GearBest an AVOID rating and am terminating their banner advertising contract.

fixed, thanks :wink:

Hi Tom E, thanks and have fixed too, In China many suppliers define the neutral white from 4500k-5500k, it may be different from other places, but in order to make no misunderstanding, we have removed the neutral white descriptions, just left the 5500k

Add website issues to that: See my PM :slight_smile:

This is a shame really. Whilst I have had plenty of orders go missing from august and sept, they have all been reshipped and received. I dont understand how my olight s30 was sent via china post and arrived in two weeks and yet i have stuff missing for over 100 days. For me the CS dept have been good but you do have to be assertive. I guess the only people who can tell us what happened are gearbest.

I hope gearbest get their stuff sorted and win back our trust.

Nothing in your product’s title is accurate. If I had to match up the tint with this chart,
GB BLF LuckySun D80-SE Need long tubes? -3/3/16 I’d say it was in the bottom left corner, around 7000k to 8000k. I’m sure some other members with a better eye for tint that bought this light could pinpoint it more closely.

7k-8k seems about what it is to me too.

-Chuck

I've been critical, but I still buy and, sometimes, recommend GearBest. I hope this banning is temporary, and can be lifted if GearBest can show progress. Again, all I want to see is a pattern of improvement, and there are some things they are improving on, as noted by corrections made to listings above. Of course there's a lot more issues goin on. For example, if I ever can find a 3 star review that we would deem negative actually posted, that would be a 180 degree turn-around for sure.

My shipments/deliveries have been pretty decent with them. I have a history of 44 orders from them, maybe 1 or 2 that didn't arrive, and no long delays in shipping. This about the same as all the other vendors, at least for me.

We are very sorry and sad to see BLF admin has rated GB the “Avoid” rating. GB wishes to announce that we have been intensively trying to improve our services, as you may see a number of our customers also are starting to receive their orders faster than before. Those that are in transit and are already very late to arrive, how we wish we can still make it faster. Please be assured that we are currently doing our best to improve our services and hopefully regain your trust. Again, we are really sorry, and hopefully give us more another chance.

Hi Tom E, Thanks for your kindly understanding and supporting

Just to be clear, GearBest is not banned from BLF, since I am sure that some of our members will continue to need their customer service here. Rather, they are labeled with an AVOID rating due to warn current and potential customers of their unscrupulous business ethics. And yes, if they show a consistent pattern of progress and a major turnaround, the AVOID rating can be lifted.