Rating: GearBest.com [AVOID]

Need I say more?

Again, lets stop wasting our money with this crappy company and purchase elsewhere.

LOOK! - Two EXACT same canned replies right in a row (right above), from CSGearbest…. Except for calling FlashPilot, Rafter1.

Just a Copy & Paste.

Please listen to what ‘Wilson’ said, GB.

Hope to see you again Gearbest, if/when you decide to change, but I’m sorry, not until then.

-Chuck

It’s about the principles! I’m still waiting on a refund for the price protection, it’s only $2 bucks but man over a month and no refund? They know that our mentality for low cost items is that we’ll eat it due to the fact that it’s so cheap, why bother. Cycle repeats and someone will say the “eat it” line whenever a complaint pops up cuz its true, but we can’t always eat! We may eat it but we’re not the ones with the big belly. GB focus on the principles, principles, principles!

I’ll go against the trend here and give them a grudging respect. Most of my orders have been painfully slow, but in the last two months:

— S15 for 17-ish bucks
— S30 for 22-ish bucks
— 3 O’Pens for 18-ish a piece
— 4 Ganzo G719 and G707 switchblades
— 2 Gaming mice for 4-ish bucks a piece
— 1 Lumintop Tool for 12-ish bucks

Most of the stuff I order as separate orders so I’ve placed at least 10 recent orders, with all but the S15 in my hands, and it shipped about a week ago. I have no great love for any of these sellers, but what I do have are successful transactions. I am an emotional buyer when I buy a 200 dollar Spyderco from a well known vendor, but not with anything cheap that I’m getting at half price. For that stuff, I can wait.

And it’s not like it would be hard if something didn’t go right. They get 1 chance to fix it, and then a PP claim. Simple. I see it almost like gambling but with better odds. It’s all a matter of perspective.

I think I did threaten a PP claim against GB once, but that was probably a year ago. The last few months I’ve had good luck with them. A single PP claim or not-as-advertised item is enough to make me stop buying from a seller, but I haven’t gone there with GB yet. Sorry to hear others have had worse luck.

Edit for “ish” lol.

No, I never do these shady stuffs. I never claim another item when I received one….I have gone to great length to pay sellers back for items which I was refunded and received after (provided I have not re bought it from somewhere else). How they paid it back is another story for another post in the near future.
Those 2 items were NEVER received and I never started a claim nor a paypal dispute for them…

It’s very unfortunate that there’s some tech-related problems with Postnord back end system and 17TRACK service connection. Postnord including Sweden/Denmark post has renewed their database with high demand limitations...

Are you sure about those prices?

The way I look at it is that if I buy something for $9.99, it is Not 9 bucks!

It’s an age old marketing ploy that plants the first figure into your mind.

They have my Ten Dollar Bill, and I have a Penny (1 cent) to spend elsewhere. :frowning:

But, I hear ya all the same :slight_smile:

Thanks,
-Chuck

There, I fixed my post, because I didn’t want to go back to my orders and research the exact cost.

But bear with me: if a flashlight normally costs 39-ish and I get it for 22-ish, it’s still a no-brainer if I a) want one, b) don’t mind waiting and c) think there’s a good chance I’ll get it :slight_smile:

EDIT: For orders that are gifts, I try to order Xmas gifts no later than Nov. 1 to get them on time without sweating it. Even then, I keep a plan B that I can get with 2 day Amazon prime if something doesn’t come in time. Luckily everything is here but the S15, which should be here with plenty of time to spare. If not, one of my brothers will get a Thrunite T10S from Amazon :slight_smile:

Agreed,

And thank you.

I have a S30 on the way myself - I hope:-)

-Chuck

If not, I’ll sell you mine for +shipping since I’m pretty sure it’s a catch and release.

I have to sell some flashlights soon to pay for stuff like this I already bought:

Hi guys, I have an appeal to announce:

It is true that perhaps, while still a majority of us are still satisfied, there are also some, if not a number, that are very disappointed (to say the least) with the way things are being done and happening at GB.

Talk about a fading “lost glory”, so to speak, as they have been quite a force to be reckoned with during the previous years.

However, IMO we should all give them the support and patience to continue to be with us for only one reason:

GB is a major player too in this hobby of ours, and they offer very competitive pricing structures that are going head-to-head with the other ‘big player’ and to the few who also starting out.

Competition is beneficial to all of us, that’s why prices have been dropping way below than we can ever imagine_ (like the Nitecores, Samsungs and Olights, etc, of this world.) and if any vendor, for that matter, cannot serve, us, their customers they way we expect them to, they will just die a natural death, business-wise.

We need as many players as possible, not a monopoly.

Yep, sounds fair to me.

So far my orders from Gearbest have been appearing without bigger problems.
Some delays sometimes though, but nothing serious.

Or

If I worked for a company that was having these kinds of issues, I am pretty sure what I was seeing was the beginning of the end.

Are we sure GB is too big to fail?

Is it possible that they are in profit taking mode before closing the doors?

I don’t know, but I am pretty good at reading the writing on the wall, and I am asking questions?

Is it possible the the flood of deals has been a way to try to buy business? If so what does that say about their mind set?

my .02 for what it is worth.

In reality, nothing is too big to fail.

Let’s assume for the sake of argument, ” that they are in profit taking mode before closing the doors”, personally I would say that they are doing a very poor job at it…because they were, why would they offer those low-priced deals that are just marginally lower, and sometimes even a little bit higher than the competition…surely they would have offered it at a very too-good-to-be-true price just to attract thousands.

I remember those ebay scams wherein someone sells a Nitecore set of flashlight, cells and charger, which normally would retail for $240, for only $34, and yes, you get a tracking number, excellent dealer feedback rating…only to receive a $.10 power bracelet in the end…but after selling almost a thousand, then come back by another name and product. Paypal took a beating in that scam.

And we pay GB via Paypal…

I do not plan on responding to the PM from Gearbest.

I simply will fire them, and spend my money elsewhere in the future.

Actually it was a post and not a PM. My bad.

+1 SB - I used the wrong term of 'banned'. Just hope they can learn and start to improve their business practices.

I don’t mean to change the subject but it is relevent. I recently bought a pressure cooker from a very large supermarket here in france. My French friends will of course know the supermarket, Auchan.fr. The cooker came with bits missing. I informed them and they ignored me, 5 emails. So I wrote a review explaining the issues and subsequent bad service from Auchan.

I have just had an email informing me that they will not publish my bad review!

Looks like its not just Gearbest but large supermarkets as well.

Did you ever read reviews on sites like Harbor Freight, Home Depot, Amazon? Sorry, but this is what I'm used to, and yes - there are many poorly behaving vendors out there. But SB didn't use the AVOID label because of this issue alone anyway - he made it clear in post #409.