Rating: Manafont.com [OUT OF BUSINESS]

Yes, I have heard those stories around this forum. That is why I will never buy anything from them.

You are right there, I guess. Manafont seems to be ignoring me for the moment - I guess they have more important things on their mind with the site maintenance and all.

Still...will be very reluctant to deal outside of ebay again....

I have some bad deals on ebay and slow post too. Not much you can do. Avoid buying around November/December. I got a letter a month ago from HK post asking If I had received a package from Dx posted in October 2010. No joke. I told them No resend it. lol

I guess shipping is getting slower? I'm over 3 weeks from purchase now with a dispatch date of 8/15. I never had shipping this slow with MF before and it seems similar is happening with others. I refuse to buy from DX because of their horrendous shipping so MF is supposed to be my refuge :)

For those who don't buy as often it kind of kills the buzz when you're waiting several weeks. If you buy often then you have stuff trickling in regularly. Way to go China!

Must be a localy problem @ US I think... Last Manafront delivery which I received last Friday/Saturday was a new "delivery record time" for me in Germany with about 8 days... DX is definitly much slower... Still waiting for 2 packages which were sent 4 weeks ago now :(

I bought 2 ultrafire XM-L drop-in, fine transaction, handling and shipping were "correct".
But I rarely go to Manafont website because of the above problem quoted.
It is a pain to look for a flashlight, it would be great to sort them by brands or battery size, release date, etc.
I'm ordering to DX 90% of the time because it's much easier to find what i'm looking for.

Has anyone else noticed DX like processing times at Manafont lately?

Anyone getting mixed up photos and unmatched photos with the product?

For example:

I'm going on 6 days since ordering 5 Sanrenmu knives and still "processing." Normal?

My order placed 9-23-11 was "dispatched to post office" 9-26-11. I suspect the hold-up is often Hong Kong Post.

waitingFoy

There on a 7 day holiday over there. I have stuff from Manafont, DX and KD sitting in a corner waiting someplace for HKP to open back up.

What are you buying now Foy? Haha.

As long as I get my shipment before Nov 10th I'm not really worried. Just want to play with the groomsman gift where I ordered an extra for myself.

Manafont are having trouble getting a lot of Sanrenmu knives at the moment, as are some other suppliers.

I ordered a 980L for my boss - every time he sees mine he freaks out, asking when I'm going to hook him up. Got him a charger too and while I was there, got myself a couple of UF 3-mode XM-L drop-ins. These two fellows will be used in the L2T and L2P I've got coming from Solarforce-sales.

tookthefirstdrinknowitsalloverFoy

Got a 3-mode XM-L T6 dropin from Manafont.

Last time I recall there was some spots on reflector of P60 dropin, 980L had also some blemishes on reflector but this dropin has scratches on XM-L emitter.

I´m not very lucky with Manafont.

I contacted Manafont about a couple of items that I hadn't received yet (Ordered mid september). I received an email back from Jim in <12 hours with an apology, an explanation and an offer of a substitution. He also answered my inquiry about the MCU-C88 disappearance from the website. (It was temporarily removed due to a an unstable supply issue, and he has offered to put some on hold for me when they are back in stock!).

This is simply great customer service, and not just for an online chinese gadget shop.

I will be returning to manafont.

My first order to a "China shop" was to Manafont and this was before I found this site.

I ordered a few SRM A123 to use as letter/box openers. I just made a small order since it was the first time ordering from Manafont, but I was surprised at the delivery speed. I placed my order on October 17th and my order was dispatched the same day. It left Hong Kong on October 22nd and it was at my local post office October 25th.

I placed another order for a couple SRM knives on the 21st of October, the order got dispatched the same day and left Hong Kong on October 27th (edit: arrived November 1st). For both orders I chose the registered mail option for tracking.

I just hope they would get some more SRM knives to their selection.

Glad that went so smoothly. I have never gotten anything that fast from China, but Manafont is one of the quickest ones out there. Welcome to BLF, Dimlux!

I have been going back and forth with him for 2 months. I got 2 sky ray lights and both just went out, so I emailed them several times before I got a response and then they want me to take pictures of the item and the packing they came in....come on are we to keep envelopes and bubble wrap laying around. I printed off my order form with lights next to it and emailed that to them. Then Jim comes and says that's not proof they don't work and he want's me to send him a video of them.....First I don't have a video camera and that's crappy CS. I paid $34 for both, so I emailed again and said credit my points $25 worth and when you send my order send a prepaid stamp with it and I will mail the 2 bad lights back. While all this is going on I am still ordering from them showing good faith, I spent over $500 this past month with them and this is how they treat their customers......I don't think I was being unfair I could have demanded a full refund. I sure don't like throwing my money in the trash, and now he's not returning my emails. I sure wish they could pick up a phone....Sorry everyone I just wanted to let you know what happens when you get defective lights from ManaFont. You get to spend hours on the computer going back and forth to get nothing accomplished. I guess they don't care about taking care of the customer, once you paid them, they don't care. I pray everyone reads this including Jim at Manafont. Thanks for reading all of this. rikr

Same here. Two expensive lights, two big problems that weren't resolved like a company that cares about customer satisfaction does.

As above, they don't know you when issues arise.

Manafont? Never again.

Hey guys,

Thanks for replying I was hoping I wasn't the only one with problems from them...I also have a issue I'm trying to get solved with DX. I just got a FandyFire STL-V6 and I put the batteries in and it came on for a second and as soon as I let off the switch it went off. So the guys from here or at cpf told me to check to see if it was the switch by the paperclip across to ground. Then it worked, but my SkyRay STL-V2 shows up today and I put the tail switch on the FF and worked like new. Does anyone know where you can find this switch and do you know the size of the lens? Thanks again....